Week Five: Tyler Lee at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (3-1) vs Tyler Lee Red Raiders (3-1)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a blow out

I'm so heated.

I want this loss to be a wake up call so bad like the NM loss in 2010, but I don't see it.

We're indecisive at QB for whatever reason.

Our D1 K/P is inconsistent.

Our entire Oline is injured.

Our D1 RB is injured.

Just a mess.

And the biggest let down for me is the defense. They had me fooled. Spring ball, 7 on 7 and pre-district they honestly showed promise only to give us that garbage show last night. Offense didn't help them any by not maintaining drives but still. I think majority of it is poor schematics which falls on coaching. Pierce needs to do better man. The 20 yard DB cushions, the constant rushing from the edge leaving the middle wide open. His presnap disguises are awful and any good OC would have little problem figuring out his schemes. Dude needs to do better.

I don't know who wins this game. But neither team can afford to lose another district game.

Lee will bring a ton of effort, play hard and never give up. However this Lee team is the exact team I have seen play for the past 10 years. They are in the twilight zone and can't find their way home.

We can go on a 90 yard drive and fumble it on the 10.

Or get to the red zone and get a holding call and kill the drive

It's fumbles and penalties at the exact worst spot on the field, it's almost predictable

We lost our good kicker in week 2 , so we're kicking the short kick and miss tackles and give our opponent the ball on at least the 50 every time

Our return team has a illegal block and starts their drive on the 10 every time

Had a punt blocked last night for a touchdown

Amie has some bad habits that Traylor is allowing that needs to stop 4 games ago, scrambling backwards until he gets sacked for a 15 yard loss

Just throw it away and fight another down.

And then we throw a 50 yard TD and get right back in it. Go figure.

We will not win many games with our penalties, turnovers and special teams.

Traylor convinced me he had these things fixed, but no,, it's still same ole Lee

We got away with it playing 5 a ,,but can't have it in our district

I sat with a group last night I have sat with for years at Rose ,,and several said the same thing"

I have never seen anything like it on any team making the same mistakes over and over again for a decade with 4 different coaches

I have been telling my friends that for three years 07

I've been on that wagon since 2014 and the Lake Ridge game in 2015 sealed it for me.

Look, the dude had a good first couple of years as DC. 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 were not bad defenses especially compared to now. I suppose 2013 wasn't terrible but that A&M Consolidated game annoyed the heck out of me.

Scheming is his biggest problem. He loves that 4-2-5 but that has become the easiest defense to decipher especially when you're misaligned constantly. Doesnt help that you constantly rush both LB's on the edge AND show it presnap. No disguiseing what so ever. So guess what? When the opposite offense looks to the sidelines for the play presnap everytime, theyre gonna audible to some sort of run up the middle which will be effective 98% of the time. His defensive schemes are beyond easy to decipher. Most good defenses are based in 3-4 or 4-3 these days despite the pass happiness of today's game. Why? Because it's nothing but a bunch of safeties playing LB anyway.

Dude has no answers.

Winning Jv games means almost nothing.... storing younger players and waiting til their senior season to play is insane.....

You say alot of dumb stuff but I definitely agree with this.

Starting Sr's every year who didn't play the year before puts the s in stupid. Especially when younger players are better.

We're doing it at QB. (Haynes should've been starting long ago)

We're doing it at LB. (Cam Starling should be starting over Riggins/Bush)

We're doing it at CB. (Taylor should be starting over Dotrey)

Even WR with Carter. He's a good player for sure but they're trying to prioritize him over Kamden Perry and Jacob Johnson and that is f'n retarded.

Pretty poor player management going on.

Heck in the lower grades on JV, they even moved sophomore Goram-Welch to RT. He was a 6'3 225 DE/TE who would've started for Longview next year at either of the positions. But we moved him to Tackle. So guess what? He won't get to play until his Sr year because both of our tackles on varsity are Jr's.

Idiots.

They'll find a way to mismanage Frosh RB Meredith too I'm sure. Will probably move him to 5th string defensive tackle. Smh.

Sounds like there gon be a few transfers out if they don't change some things here and there.. That ol bring em up slowly and let them adjust to the speed of the game philosophy went with the way of the power I offense.. Antiquated at best. Throw them to the wolves, let them fight or die, take the lumps and beatings and in a couple years they will be hard-nosed players and able to adjust mentally in crunch time and find ways to win, when games on line. Just my 2 cents worth.

It's exactly why Haynes should've been starting against Lufkin and Marshall and SOC.

His first mini start (3 of first 4 drives yesterday) were the earliest he's been in all season...why on earth do that to a kid in the first district game of the season?

Makes no sense what so ever.

This entire season has been blown up because King can't figure out who to put where and when.

The fact that Haynes had as good of a game as he did shows how good he is. But the receivers didn't help him, the coaching staff didn't help him, and the make shift offensive line definitely didn't help him.

Longview has to win Friday, and they have to start the sophomore for the full game and get over this horrific rotation of QB when he has clearly won the spot.