Anybody Got Any Funny Stories About People Falling Down

Voted4Dubya

sorry, this might be wrong...but when people fall down its one of the funniest things to see. And I can say this because I've ate the pavement several times.

I dunno which is funnier, when someone is trying to be cool and they try to jump over something like a table or person and then they end up which their face in the concrete...or when someone you do not like eats it.

One day this dude was trying to act like a jerk and he tried to jump over this chain barrier type thing, and he ended up getting his foot caught and falling...so funny.

Anyone else?

Elk10 was at a mall in Ft. Worth when he was about 15 or 16 and tripped over a balance beam in the kids play area. He was trying to be cool and jump over it but didn't have the 18" vertical required. He layed on the ground for like 5 minutes like a pansy cause he thought he hurt his back. :rofl:Elk10 was very accident prone when he was younger.

I was walking to the bank on Main St. a couple of weeks ago and got the heel of my boot caught on a brick sticking up in the street. I went down to one knee. I didn't think it was funny but the guy that was with me went to one knee from laughing so hard.

Before Easton gets this story in I will tell the truth. When I was 13 or 14 I tried to jump over a little wooden bridge that they had in this playground in the mall in Ft. Worth. My foot got caught and I hit the corner on another block of wood. My family thought it was hilarious untill they figured out I couldn't get up. I only bruised my back and kidneys, but it hurt like hell and to me wasn't funny at all.

As clumsy as I am I have another. My parents, easton and I were at the mall in tyler during the winter. Have you seen the sheets of metal that cover the hole in the sidewalk that let the rain water through? Well I tried to jump on one( just a little kid) to hear the loud sound. Well little did I know that it was cold enough for the metal to have ICE in it. My dad yelled "don't" when I was halfway in the air. I made two sounds, my feet and butt hitting the ground.

Originally posted by elk10

As clumsy as I am I have another. My parents, easton and I were at the mall in tyler during the winter. Have you seen the sheets of metal that cover the hole in the sidewalk that let the rain water through? Well I tried to jump on one( just a little kid) to hear the loud sound. Well little did I know that it was cold enough for the metal to have ICE in it. My dad yelled "don't" when I was halfway in the air. I made two sounds, my feet and butt hitting the ground.

I was going to tell that story but I could remember the place we were at. And then the sound of him crying like a two year old.

It was a cold October morn in 1997, I was in first period ag class and my teacher was Mr. Tom Cherry. We were outside of the shop and it had rained the night before, Mr. Cherry was helping us load something in the back of his truck when he heard the phone ring. He was on the passenger side right where the cab meets the bed of the truck, he started to run but got a few steps before he hit a mud puddle. I think he slid a couple of feet before landing flat on his back in the puddle he had just slid through. He popped right back up as if nothing had happened and ran to the phone. The funniest thing about it was right as he was answering the phone the person on the other end hung up. He walked back outside to us leaning on his truck cause we were laughing so hard.

i got a funny one, its not someone falling down, it's someone doing something friggin hilarious and messing up...here we go...

it was a cold day about a week before the superbowl 2 years ago and me and about 3 of my friends decided to go riding around on bikes with a video camera...well, we then go this bright idea to go down what we called suicide hill on a lil kids big wheel thing...if you havent seen one of these, they are plastic with one huge wheel on the front and 2 small ones on the back...anyways, my friend got to the top and about the first turn, (there were 2 turns), he stopped and claimed he didnt know how to turn it. we told him how and he started back up again...we were reaching some pretty fast speed when the second curve approached and he kept going striaght and nailed this speed limit sign with his upper leg...he spun around it, after flying off the hot wheels thing, and landed on his chest. we were going so fast i was about 10 feet behind him, hit the brakes on my bike and burnt about a 2 foot slick spot on the tire...this is all on video and its frickin hilarious...

You know how kids will put their hands on a poll about waist high and try to propel themselves over it? Well I did that with a poll that went up to my neck almost and thought I would try to leap over it. Well I did get over it, but not high enough to get my hands from out from under me. Well I just fell over the front with my hands still under me so I bit the concrete hard. BTW, this took place at an entrance to a Wal-Mart and there were about 15-20 people around to witness my fall. I jumped up like nothing happend and went on my way.

We had this "slow" girl in our marching band and she was one of the bass drum players. Well, she was at the top of the stands at the football game with the drum strapped to the front of her. She tried to walk down the steps and slipped and went rolling down the stands..... with the drum still strapped to her. She hit the chain link at the bottom and just laid there til someone helped her up. It was so sad... but I couldn't help but laugh... she didn't need to carry that thing.... she also fell in a hole and busted it while she had the drum on. Lets see... oh one night during one of our last practices of the season out band director was trying to climb the ladder to get to the top of the press box and he didn't realize some of the steps had ice on them.... he got about halfway up and slipped and fell off.

Good Times

I fell in government the second day in class this year. I was sitting on the back row and didn't realize there was a step right by the seat. When class was over I just got up and turned around to walk out and I tripped and fell on my knees. The worst part was when I stuck my hand out to catch myself, I hit a door on the wall that made a loud noise. That was pretty emberassing.

OK well a long time ago I was playing on a summer softball tournament team and we had a game on Sat. so of course everybody's families came....well we had just got back from lunch and were walking to the field...during this time my sister was entertaining our family and family friends with a story....what she didnt realize was that there was a thin yellow rope about 2 ft off the ground blocking off parking well my dear sister tripped right over the rope, but the best thing was she didnt immediatley hit the ground she did at least a 720 around the rope not once touching the ground until her momentum slowed and she hit the ground....she layed there for a good 5 minutes because nobody could help her up because we were all laughing so hard.....to this day my friends grandma always ask about the girl who tripped over the rope!!!

Originally posted by carolinarivercricket

OK well a long time ago I was playing on a summer softball tournament team and we had a game on Sat. so of course everybody's families came....well we had just got back from lunch and were walking to the field...during this time my sister was entertaining our family and family friends with a story....what she didnt realize was that there was a thin yellow rope about 2 ft off the ground blocking off parking well my dear sister tripped right over the rope, but the best thing was she didnt immediatley hit the ground she did at least a 720 around the rope not once touching the ground until her momentum slowed and she hit the ground....she layed there for a good 5 minutes because nobody could help her up because we were all laughing so hard.....to this day my friends grandma always ask about the girl who tripped over the rope!!!

Your poor poor sister. I heard she was quite possibly the hottest/coolest person ever. :whome:

I thought I'd never tell this, but here goes...

About five years ago, me, the kids and hubby were coming out of Wal-Mart... When the kids were little, if I had enough room, they were in the cart and I'd get it going real fast and jump on the bottom bar of it.... well, apparently this time it didn't work.

I had one son in there, and here we went, and I jumped on, and as soon as I did, the thing went flying everywhere, groceries went everywhere... I'm trying to grab the cart so it won't turn sideways and grab my son... I grab him, a gallon of milk hit me slap in the face, it busted and I rolled and did the splits.

My husband and other son was laughing so hard, and I couldn't move. There were groceries for about 30 feet and all those people around were cracking up and I'm covered in milk... my son looks at me and says, Mom, let's do that again! Hubby says, I'm not going back in there to do the shopping... I think I waited about three days before I went back, just to make sure nobody knew who I was... jeesh!

when i was in cancun this past summer my brother was like 14 years of age, and i gave him like 2 drinks of tequila, and it was about 9 pm and i was chillen by the pool with some girl i dont remember her name, and i all of a sudden i saw my brother was about 50 yards in front of me and he was talking to some girl, next thing you know he busts his a@$ hard right on to the conqrete in front of like 50 people, it was the funniest thing in the world

Ones from Childhood...

Okay...one of my favorites was once my little sister was standing up on the corner of my moms bed...which has big bed posts on the ends...she had he shirt over the top of it, (a big long shirt, like kids wear to sleep in)...well...she was swinging back and forth with only her shirt holding her on, well...everytime she swung, he shirt came up a lil more and lil more until it came off the post and sent her flying into a dresser. It was one of the funniest things i've ever seen.

Another one that I did was, we were late to school one morning and I was running out to the car and our porch was about...3 feet off the ground with steps going up to it, well i'm running and jump to make a faster trip to the car, well...about the time I jump, my dog runs under me and MURDERS me...i'm talking chin flips me, well...I was wet and dirty on that day of school...not to mention..late.

Another one was the other night at a football game...the opposing team was running onto the field for kick off and one of them fell down, i'm talking...DOWN...to his chest...then he tried to play it off like he was tieing his shoe. It was classic.

The last one for now came this past summer when me and a few friends were working for the school doing yard work and such...well there is a pole at one of the schools...kind of like "monkey bars" cept only one bar...well...our smallest friend wanted to be a big shot and jump up and grab it, which it is pretty high, well...he didnt quite get the grip he wanted on it, and he slipped and landed flat on his back...it was halarious...it was also on the school cameras for us to watch over and over.

I was reading FreshClub's and StillWatchin's post last night and was in here just a cackling....so oldest son and hubby come in to read it... not a one starts laughing. Husband looks at me and says, you know, you need a hobby. Then son starts laughing.

I told them, they don't have a vivid imagination - must be in the genes!

I read them again this morning and still was laughing!

I'll go ahead and tell one on my husband.... not exactly about falling down, but that's what it went to.

We were putting up new electric fence for the stud pens... I'm talking this charger would put your you know what in the dirt. Hubby keeps telling the boys they needed to test it, see if it was on. I think they're idiots, but whatever. Way too much testerone in my house!

Hubby gets out this little $1 tester - told him not to get that one ... me and the boys are down at the other end, we watch him, hubby tests the fence... gets a funny look on his face and hits his knees, then goes to the ground flopping around... Well, we think it's funny as all get out, and we're just dying... then I think, oh, my GAWD, what if he's having a heart attack... so we run over there, and he finally gets up, said the plastic thingy on the $1 tester slid off right when he touched the fence, so it was metal-to-metal and it hit him so hard it felt like his arm had got blown off...

Then we were all cracking up! Now, he won't test the fence. I went and got an expensive tester and now I test the fence -- HA!

One time the stands in the gym weren't pulled out all the way... Well, my boyfriend and I and some friends were on the very top of 'em... My boyfriend starts walking down from the top (forgetting the stands aren't all the way pulled out) and falls to the bottom stand!... It was so funny!... :rofl:

Smoaky.com: breaking relationships one story at a time.

Anyway, I have two.

The new band director at Palestine was checking our form during band practice. He was in the stands and we were marching the show. He sees something he doesn't like apparently and comes running down the stands. He jumps out of the stands, falls down, rolls over, pops up and runs like nothing happened.

The next one happened at a marching competition last year. A guy who plays bass drum was marching near the front of the field and it had been raining earlier that day. He slipped and fell in the middle of the show.