District 11-4A

jme4god

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too will be there rooting for the Lady Wildcats as well. My husband is the sportswriter for the paper here in SS, so I get to go to every single sporting event...whether I want to or not. Someone needs to write a book for wives like me and for the coach's wives as well so we can understand and actually have a conversation with our spouses, esp. when all they talk about is sports.

I think it will be (in winning order) SS, Paris, Texas High, Mt. Pleasant, North Lamar and Lindale. We have a very enthusiastic coach and the girls that play love the game. They have to.

im gonna go MP, t-high, lindale, NL, paris, SS...MP returns everyone cept a Shortstop, but that spot is filled. after being runner up last year to a t-high team that graduated a good number of seniors, i think they can win a district championship. t-high may have lost alot of players but as long as they have KH, they will be good. all the hype is about lindale so im taking them 3rd...even though i dont see them doing as well as everyone expects...they will either be great or bust as i see it...

Originally posted by wildcatrunner06

I'm a big fan of your husband's stuff! Tell him i said keep up the good work:smileybanger:

Hey Wildcatrunner06, that really means a lot. Thanks for the compliment.

:smileybanger: Lindale is returning with all from last year, and have added a strong backup catcher in Valerie Howell, and they have two very strong pitchers in Morgan Bond, and Ashton Brey who will move to shortstop this year as well. I look forward to seeing them play and they will definitely hold there own within this district.:dancingbanana:

SS will be tough and T-high, Paris, NL, MP, Lindale...Paris lost the Marronne twins to North Carolina and they're starting over with a season coach (from Rivercrest)...but also lost the former coach's daughter---either to graduation or to follow her dad...so the offense may sputter a bit...NL girls play a good bit of off season and traveling ball as a team...could be salty!! Will be worth the price of admission all season long in girls' softball in 11-4A!

I just talked with the new SS softball coach in David Carrillo and he is very excited about the upcoming season. He has three pitchers in Tarra Morton, Marci Womack and a freshman in Taylor Clifton plus the Co-Newcomer of the Year last year back in first baseman Katie Dodd. They are putting in a team first attitude that I think will really help out the team this year. I think SSHS has a really good chance this year. They will be tough to hold off during the district year if Womack, Morton and Clifton have anything to say about it.

If the SS girls can get used to having yet another new coach, then they will be at the forefront of the district. Kelsey Evans, Marci Womack and Katie Dodd are three of the best, if not THE best players in the entire district. I look forward to seeing them win the district or maybe even state. May the best team win. :)

The SSHS girls finally get to play a game and will be playing six in the next two days starting today at 1 p.m. in the Richland Tournament. Won't be able to attend but hopefully they will do well.

Once SSHS gels with the new coach and the team members they will be very good. This coach is very energetic and excited about the game of softball and we will do better than last year's fourth place finish.

Mount Pleasant and Paris played in the Lobo Classic this weekend. Here are the results.

Mount Pleasant (2-4)

Benton(LA) L, 5-3

Monroe(LA) Ouachita Christian L,2-1

Haughton(LA) L, 11-3

Bossier City(LA) Airline L, 2-1

Shreveport(LA) Southwood W, 4-3

West Monroe(LA) W, 3-0

Paris (3-2-1)

West Monroe(LA) W, 3-1

Shreveport(LA) Southwood T, 4-4

Benton(LA) W, 5-2

Bossier City(LA) Airline L, 4-1

Ruston(LA) L, 5-4

Haughton(LA) W, 7-4

Due to a 55-minute time limit and a regulation game of four innings, here is how SSHS did during the Richland Tournament. Four games did not count for overall record.

SSHS (1-0)

Richland 1, Sulphur Springs 0

Sulphur Springs 1, Fossill Ridge 0 (This game counted as it went five innings). The run was an unearned run on an error.

Centennial 2, Sulphur Springs 0

Midland Lee 8, Sulphur Springs 2

Sulphur Springs 4, Richland 0

All of the other games went three innings.

First home game is tomorrow against Wills Point.