Next D-FW professional sports franchise to win a championship

Rhino2K

Rangers before the Stars! :whome:

Man you need to watch some hockey and see what's going on. Even with some goaltender issues good things are happening on the ice in Dallas!

Mavs then Stars...then????????????????

Mavs need to do it this year and get over that hump.

Guest CNOrtega

This is the year for the Dallas Mavericks. The Rangers are doing good things, and I think they might be a playoff team this year. The Cowboys were a Tony Romo messup away from possibly going to the Super Bowl, and I think a new coach is just what they need to get to that level. FC Dallas is looking good, too. The Stars? They can sell the Stars and move them out of state for all I care. Hockey has no place in Texas whatsoever.

Guest CNOrtega

Just because they're here doesn't mean I have to watch the most boring of all the professional sports. Hockey's only redeeming quality is the fighting, and I can watch boxing or MMA to see that.

1. Dallas Stars

2. Fort Worth Cats

3. Dallas Mavericks

4. Frisco RoughRiders

5. FC Dallas

6. Texas Rangers

7. Lewisville Lizards

8. Dallas Desparados

9. Keller's CoBL franchise

10. Dallas Cowboys (going on 11 seasons without a post-season victory)

Originally posted by CNOrtega

Just because they're here doesn't mean I have to watch the most boring of all the professional sports.

HEY !! My exact thoughts about living in East Texas & not worshiping at the high school football alter !! :w00t:

They can sell the Stars and move them out of state for all I care

... and what in the world does your personal vendetta have to do with the next DFW team to win a championship? :ermm:

When the Stars win the Stanley Cup in June, how many people will you hear say "Hockey has no place in Texas whatsoever" ?? NO ONE, because obviously it does !!

How many different Texas professional sports franchises (of the 4 major sports leagues) have won a championship since the Stars won the Stanley Cup in 1999? One -- The Spurs three times ?? :hmmm:

Hockey's only redeeming quality is the fighting

Dear Lord . . . :no:

Guest CNOrtega

The Dallas Stars won't win the Stanley Cup because goaltending wins Stanley Cups and Turco by all accounts is horrid. Maybe Boss302 should give it a shot. The Mavericks will be paraded down the streets of downtown Dallas before anyone else.

One question. If the Rangers were to win the World Series (refrain from snickering, it could happen), where would the parade be? Arlington? Dallas? Ft. Worth maybe?

The Dallas Stars won't win the Stanley Cup because goaltending wins Stanley Cups and Turco by all accounts is horrid.

You are correct in that goaltending wins Stanley Cups, but to stay Turco is horrid is not fair nor accurate. Occasionally inconsistent - yes! How many Stars games have you watched this season?

Just like the entire Mavs team, Turco needs to get over that mental hurdle and take it to the next level come playoff time. And, the Stars are in a much better position to win a championship before the Rangers! Period!

Just because they're here doesn't mean I have to watch the most boring of all the professional sports. Hockey's only redeeming quality is the fighting, and I can watch boxing or MMA to see that.

You ever went to a live game? They are really fun, much better than watching it on TV... I didn't like hockey until I went to see it live, I am a casual fan of it now.

Guest CNOrtega

Went to a Ft. Worth Brahmas game a few years ago and literally had to keep myself awake. The hits and checks are a little cooler when you see them live, I will grant you guys that. I'll give hockey one thing, at least it's more exciting than Auto Racing, Golf, and the WNBA.

What really gets me is when Rangers fans bring up the fact that the Cowboys haven't won a post season game in 10 years.

Now I'm a Rangers fan, but for the Rangers fan/Cowboys hater, please be honest--the Rangers have NEVER won a post season game.

It sounds like this poll has turned into a question of which Dallas team do you want to see win a title. The original question was which team will be the next team to win a title.

I vote like this....

1.) Mavs

2.) Cowboys

3.) Stars (I don' t know much about Hockey but I do know benching Turco gets them closer to a Stanley Cup)

4.) Rangers

Guest CNOrtega

Take a look around East Texas, better yet take a look around the country, soccer is all around. MLS is starting to grow in reputation and I think it will eventually usurp the NHL as the 4th most popular team sport league in the US.

MLS is starting to grow in reputation and I think it will eventually usurp the NHL as the 4th most popular team sport league in the US.

I'll eat my lucky Dallas Stars hat when that happens.

Hey everyone, come over to my place tonight! There's a MLS game on Versus.

:whistle:

Ain't gonna happen!

Guest CNOrtega
Originally posted by Boss302

I'll eat my lucky Dallas Stars hat when that happens.

Hey everyone, come over to my place tonight! There's a MLS game on Versus.

:whistle:

Ain't gonna happen!

Only problem is, MLS is already on networks people actually get, unlike Vs. Bottom line, MLS is up and coming, the NHL is on its last legs. Even Sidney Crosby, as phenomenal as he is, can't save that disaster.

Sure! But I'm usually at work between 7am and 5pm so I guess I miss all those MLS games

I did see the high-light on Sports Center of that one guy who head-butted the ba-jeez-us out of that other guy!

Hey, we are way off topic here. Just noticed that!