Please read the notice and instructions below! You MUST validate your account before you can post on our forums!
Not Receiving Your Validation Email?
Before you can post, reply or use the PM system you have to have validated your registration by clicking the link embedded in the confirmation e-mail sent to the e-mail address you registered with. Until you do so you are in limbo here. Didn't get a validation e-mail? See below.
Are you registering for the Smoakhouse Forums, but not receiving your validation e-mail? It could be due to one of several reasons. Here are some suggestions for fixing the problem.
First, check to make sure your ISP is not blocking our address. Look in your spam filter, and if your Registration at The Smoakhouse Forums ( The Smoakhouse Forums ) is not there, contact your ISP and request they either remove the block on [email protected], or specifically whitelist it.
Second, if your Registration at The Smoakhouse Forums ( The Smoakhouse Forums ) is in your spam filter, it means your email program has flagged [email protected] as spam. To correct this problem, you will need to whitelist our email. Here are the whitelisting instructions for some popular email programs:
* Outlook 2003
* Mozilla Thunderbird
Add The Smoakhouse Forums ([email protected]) "From" address, [email protected] to your Safe Senders list:
1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail.
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add.
4. In the Add address, enter [email protected]
5. Click OK.
New Subscribers: Please add our "From" address, The Smoakhouse Forums ([email protected]) to your AOL address book:
1. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
2. Wait for the "Address Book" window to pop up, then click the Add button.
3. Wait for the "Address Card for New Contact" window to load.
4. Paste [email protected] into the "Other E-Mail" field.
5. Make our From address the "Primary E-Mail" address by checking the associated check box.
6. Click the Save button.
Existing Subscribers: If our newsletter is in your AOL Spam Folder, please open the issue and then click the This Is Not Spam button. Next, please add [email protected] into your Address Book as described above.
New Subscribers:You will need to set up a filter to redirect our newsletter into your inbox:
1. Open your mailbox and click on Mail Options (upper right hand corner).
2. Select Filters (bottom left corner).
3. Click the Add link on the Filters page.
4. Update the "From header:" rule with the following 2 pieces of information: "contains" and The Smoakhouse Forums ([email protected]) (This tells Yahoo! to identify our newsletter based on its "From" address.
5. Click the Choose Folder pull-down menu and select inbox.
6. Pick the Add Filter button.
Existing Subscribers: If our newsletter is getting stuck in your Yahoo! Bulk Folder, please open the issue and click the Not Spam button. Next, check to see if the newsletter's email address is in your "Blocked Addresses" list. If you see [email protected] on this list, select it and click the Remove Block button. Lastly, please set up a filter as outlined above.
New Subscribers: You will need to add our "From" address, The Smoakhouse Forums ([email protected]) to your Hotmail Safe List:
1. Open your mailbox and click “Options” (upper right corner).
2. Click the “Junk E-Mail Protection” link (top of page).
3. Select the “Safe List” link (second from bottom).
4. Copy and paste [email protected] into the dialog box titled “Type an address or domain.”
5. Click the “Add” button next to the dialog box.
Existing Subscribers: If our newsletter is in your Junk E-Mail Folder, open the issue and click the Not Junk button. Next, check to see if our email address is in your Blocked Senders list. If you see [email protected] on this list, select it and click the Remove button. Finally, if you have not done so, add [email protected] into your Safe List as outlined above.
New Subscribers: Please add our "From" address, The Smoakhouse Forums ([email protected]), to your Gmail Contacts List:
1. Click Contacts along the left side of any Gmail page.
2. Click Add Contact.
3. Copy and paste our "From" address, The Smoakhouse Forums ([email protected]), into the primary email address dialog box.
4. Click Save.
Existing Subscribers: How to check if our newsletter is in the "spam" folder:
1. Click Spam along the left side of any Gmail page.
2. If you see Registration at the Smoakhouse Forums listed among the messages in this folder, check the box next to our newsletter.
3. Click Not Spam button along the top.
New Subscribers: You will need to add our "From" address, The Smoakhouse Forums ([email protected]), to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
1. Click the Address Book button.
2. Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
3. Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address & Other.
4. Under the Contact tab, copy and paste our "From" address, The Smoakhouse Forums ([email protected]), into the Email dialog box.
5. Click OK.
Whitelist your Personal Address Book:
1. From the main drop down menu, select "Tools -< Junk Mail Controls..."
2. This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter
3. Under the Settings tab, update the "Whitelists" module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull-down menu and then check the box next to "Do not mark messages as junk mail".
4. Click OK.
Existing Subscribers: Please check your Junk folder to see if our newsletter has been mistakenly placed there. To prevent this from happening in the future, you need to mark our newsletter as "not junk." Do this by right-clicking on our newsletter and choosing "Mark -< As Not Junk."
Still no email? If you've tried all of the above and you are still not receiving your email, please contact us at [email protected] so we can look into the problem resolve it. We may also be able to manually validate your account for you so you can get on with being an active member of the Smoakhouse!
Not Receiving Your Validation E-mail?
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users