2 replies to this topic

#1 NeverQuit

NeverQuit

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:17 PM

If I read Smoaky's report on the website correct, UIL is considering letting 4 teams make the playoffs. Isn't this carrying the item of political correctness a little too far. Teams with a losing record can make the playoffs, just win 2 district games, and your in. I understand with UIL it is all about $$$, but, come on isn't this being carried a little too far. Pretty soon, it will be every team in the district go to the next level. Their case being we can't have 4 teams make it and not the other team, or two teams depending on the size of the district. Plus, more games, longer seasons, carry over into other sports.
Maybe I am wrong, can someone help me rationalize this?

#2 LHMom35

LHMom35

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (NeverQuit @ Oct 24 2007, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I read Smoaky's report on the website correct, UIL is considering letting 4 teams make the playoffs. Isn't this carrying the item of political correctness a little too far. Teams with a losing record can make the playoffs, just win 2 district games, and your in. I understand with UIL it is all about $$, but, come on isn't this being carried a little too far. Pretty soon, it will be every team in the district go to the next level. Their case being we can't have 4 teams make it and not the other team, or two teams depending on the size of the district. Plus, more games, longer seasons, carry over into other sports.
Maybe I am wrong, can someone help me rationalize this?

I wonder if it has to do with the number of teams in the districts? We just recently got our new district info, and we went from a 5 school district to a 7 school district. It is possible some consolidation is going on, or maybe a larger number of schools in divisions (I know our former 4-A rival is now in 3-A with us, and is now a district contenter). I haven't seen other districts, so I don't know where they stand. We are back in with some familiars with a couple of years ago (back in the same district as Wimberly, Ingram, and Llano), so I'm not too worried...and the 4-A rival we have taken the last couple of years, the last season being a doosie of a game on THEIR field (they play us on our home turf this next season). I'm sure our coaching staff is already planning. Our new 4-A team to play looks to be Manor, which we have always done well against (even back in the days when I attended Manor, we had a tough time with LH, and they were a losing team back then). Our Junior Varsity had a very good season, as well, so coach has some good guys to pick from to replace all those graduating seniors! It will definately be an interesting year for everyone! I don't see it being easy for us at all....everyone will be sure to make it as hard as possible! It also looks like Giddings will get their rematch first game out with us. I don't recall where that game is to be played, but I just hope it doesn't end in another brawl...LOL!

District 8 - Region 1
Liberty Hill
Burnet
Fischer Canyon Lake
Fredericksburg
Ingram
Llano
Wimberley

#3 DawgDaze

DawgDaze

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Interests:Eatin' Chicken'

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

I agree. Too far.
--------------------------------Posted Image----------------------

----------------------------------------------Home of Champions------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users