Pre-game meals

redneeck95

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U.I.L rules state you cannot provide a meal during the season as a booster club. However your booster club can donate money to the "school" to help cover cost for out of town meals.

have every kid pay $1 for whatever meal is provided by booster club or anyone outside the school

In some school districts the meals are budgeted in with the athletic budget. Most restaurants will feed a group for a fraction of what the meal will cost for you and I. The catch is that they have to order a certain thing like chicken fried steak for that to work.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
What and when do some of the booster clubs feed the teams?

UIL rules prohibit the booster club from providing meals for a school team directly, unless it is for the sports banquet.

UIL rules prohibit the booster club from providing meals for a school team directly, unless it is for the sports banquet.

I know the UIL rules. All I was asking is a simple question to see what some teams had as meals before games and when they had them. So far, I have gotten one answer to what I was asking.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
I know the UIL rules.

(What?) Whatever they happen to be serving at (When?) sports banquet.

Don't mean to be smart, but you asked about booster clubs feeding the team. That's why I commented on the rule. They can't provide pre-game meals.

I know the UIL rules. All I was asking is a simple question to see what some teams had as meals before games and when they had them. So far, I have gotten one answer to what I was asking.

What i think he is asking is on game day. When i was in high school on out of town games we ate a kinda late lunch at a restaurant in town then went to our game wherever it was. On home games we never ate as a team so i wouldnt know about that i assume just anywhere in town. I'de to it a while before the game though so not to affect your players. Probably not a fast food or mexican food LOL.

Don't mean to be smart, but you asked about booster clubs feeding the team. That's why I commented on the rule. They can't provide pre-game meals.

Just took it for granted that everyone would know that I was asking what type food booster clubs feed their teams before games. I already knew that a booster club cannot feed their teams for free.

Glad to know that there is several "experts in the subject" though.

Have had the big grills at the stadium parking lot cookin hamburgers, and then have all the fixin's in those big aluminum trays, onions, tomato slices, lettuce, bag of chips, can of soda water and a desert. $5.00 a plate players $1.00

i know kids are fed and my sons play, but i don't know the menu. back when, we didn't eat until after the games....never before. and if we played crappy, not after either

need to feed the players pastas or meat and veggies, drink water or sports drinks, beleive me it works.

That's why I said you charge $1, problem solved.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
That's why I said you charge $1, problem solved.

I see your point, but it is not without problems. Here's the deal. The UIL specifically forbids doing something for a sports team that is offered to all students. When you set up for a meal and sell it to football players $1.00, and either don't offer it to anyone else, or offer to others at a different (read "higher") price, then you violate UIL rules. If you're going to sell it the football players for a buck, you not only have to offer it to everyone else, but you have to sell it to them at a buck too.

I didn't make up the rules, I just had to make sure I didn't violate them for a number of years while my son was in school.