82 replies to this topic

#1 AugustusMcCray

AugustusMcCray

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:06 PM

Would it be possible to make this board or at least a section of it for coaches only? another site--texasfootballcoaches.com is for coaches only--you have to use your name and school email to get on. its a pretty good deal--you don't have to deal w/ all the #### talking from kids and parents--the fans could have their section and the coaches have theirs. how about smoak?
I'd like the chance to shoot at an educated man for once in my life.

#2 Guest_bleeds_*

Guest_bleeds_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (outlaw92 @ Apr 25 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would it be possible to make this board or at least a section of it for coaches only? another site--texasfootballcoaches.com is for coaches only--you have to use your name and school email to get on. its a pretty good deal--you don't have to deal w/ all the #### talking from kids and parents--the fans could have their section and the coaches have theirs. how about smoak?

Not Smoak, but just some thoughts.

Is this an indication of how you feel about your players and their parents? If not for the kids and parents, you don't have a team.

If my kid was still playing HS sports, I'd be offended by your characterizations.

Have a nice day.

#3 Rhino2K

Rhino2K

Smoakhouse Bouncer

• Administrators
  • 5,067 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:47 PM

Are you a coach outlaw?
Care to keep up with the Cowboys?? Check out www.smoaky.com/cowboys to see "Smoaky's Cowboy Blog" for training camp, news, and interviews by podcast within the next day---and pictures as well.

Anyone wishing to contribute to the monthly maintenance costs, or help with all of the recent smoaky.com upgrades can now do so! Please see the bottom of any of the Smoaky.com, smoaky.com HS Stats and Records and Smoakhouse Forums pages for contribution buttons! You may use PayPal or your own choice of credit card.

Contributions are not required but are greatly appreciated!

#4 pinecone

pinecone

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:12 PM

I think that is a great idea. Everybody needs a place they feel like they can go and share ideas, questions and just general BS along with others in the same profession. Not everything is meant to be public information. We all need a place to vent and share experiences especially when it comes to the workplace.
Stop and think about where you work. Would you want everyone on this forum to have an opinion and weigh-in on every move made by you and your co-workers?
I say by all means Smoak, give em a forum ... thumbsup.gif

btw: I am not a coach. I am a parent of a FB player @ a local ET HS.

#5 Pittsburg

Pittsburg

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

I'm not a coach, but I like the idea!
~Pittsburg Pirates~
------------
2008 Regional Semifinal Champions
Region II Finalist, Quaterfinals, Area, Bi-district Champions
2000 Area Champions
B A S E B A L L
------------
#4 in the State - 3A
B A S K E T B A L L
2000 Area Champions
2001 Regional Quarterfinalist
2002 Regional Quarterfinals Champions
2003 Regional Semi-Finalist
2005 Bi-District Champions
2006 Area Champions
2007 Regional Quarterfinalist
2008 Regional Semi-Finalist
Three-Peat Undefeated District Champions
------------
2007 Area Champions
Bi-District Champs, Regional Quarterfinalist
F O O T B A L L
2000 District Champions
1980 State Champions
-----------

#6 BluePirate

BluePirate

One Man Gang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

If there is one of those sections there, why would you need it here?
TEAM BRING IT!

If you gotta be a Monkey... Be a Gorilla!

#7 pinecone

pinecone

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (BluePirate @ Apr 25 2008, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same reason as if there is a sports forum there why have a sports forum here? ... Variety Baby!!! , you know ... options!!! ... wink.gif

#8 pinecone

pinecone

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:22 PM

Even better, ... why not????????? ... hmm.gif

#9 Tman

Tman

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:37 PM

I say no way Smoaky. Then are we going to have a "special" section for other professions as well .... doctor's section, lawyer's section, truck driver's section, law enforcement section? Give me a break. The coaching profession is no better or no worse that any other profession and should not be given their own "special" section.
Motivation is getting people to do what they would not normally do in order to achieve what they want to achieve. --- Tom Landry

#10 DieHardCubFan

DieHardCubFan

Teaparty Candidate for Sheriff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Location:Don't cry Barry...2012 will be here sooner than you think &amp; you'll be back home in Chicago...or was that Kenya?!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

You right Blue. If that website (www.texasfootballcoaches.com) already has a coaches only (limited for only coaches who don't want any who is not a coach to be on it) then they should stay with their www.texasfootballcoaches.com.

Otherwise, any topic & posting here is open to everyone.
It's all fun and games...until the Flying Monkeys attack!

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
-- President Gerald R. Ford, August 12th, 1974

#11 Straw

Straw

Rise and rise again!

• Administrators
  • 11,367 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:43 PM

How bout a "Parents of Football Players" only forum on here? happy65.gif

#12 BluePirate

BluePirate

One Man Gang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (pinecone @ Apr 25 2008, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even better, ... why not????????? ... hmm.gif

The other site obviously #### or you'd be over there. That's why.
TEAM BRING IT!

#13 AugustusMcCray

AugustusMcCray

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:01 PM

yes i'm a coach.--and yes it gets on my nerves when people get on here and talk #### and trash talk--look at all the posts that turn bad and end up bashing on someone and has name calling etc... bleeds u r a perfect example--i said i would like a place where i could talk football w/ other coaches w/o all the h.s. kids getting on and trash talking and u try and make it out as if i am saying something about our kids???? how did it take that turn? and i'm sure Dr's do have a forum somewhere where they can go and talk--THIS IS A SPORTS FORUM--so why can't the coaches who coach these sports have a place where they can discuss issues w/o kids getting on and trash talking?

i would like it so I could talk football w/ other coaches from this area.

#14 AugustusMcCray

AugustusMcCray

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:02 PM

the other site is actually pretty good---but it is not an east tex site--i would like to talk w/ coaches from this area.

#15 DieHardCubFan

DieHardCubFan

Teaparty Candidate for Sheriff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Location:Don't cry Barry...2012 will be here sooner than you think &amp; you'll be back home in Chicago...or was that Kenya?!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:04 PM

www.texasfootballcoaches.com

It has message boards for coaches only, right?

(From www.texasfootballcoaches.com):

"This is not an anonymous message board; you must register all REQUIRED information correctly. If you are looking for a place to remain anonymous, this is not it. This website is for networking and interaction with football coaches

In order to register for the message board portion of the website, please read and follow these instructions:

You must register a unique username as well as a unique password. You can use any username you would like; your username does not have to be your name.

You must register with a school e-mail or you will be deleted.

Once you register, you are required to confirm your registration with an e-mail that will be sent to you. It may be sent to your junk box so keep an eye out for it. If you do not receive it, e-mail me at..."

It's all fun and games...until the Flying Monkeys attack!

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
-- President Gerald R. Ford, August 12th, 1974

#16 BluePirate

BluePirate

One Man Gang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:08 PM

So, you get on here to talk shop with other coaches and some kids start trash talking you? Which thread(s)?
TEAM BRING IT!

#17 pinecone

pinecone

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (BluePirate @ Apr 25 2008, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The other site obviously #### or you'd be over there. That's why.

Well, I haven't been to that site so I can't verify if it #### or not.
Just curious why it would matter to anybody on this site if there was a section that they couldn't access. There are pleanty of places in the real world a lot of us can't get into based on credentials etc. Geeeeeeeezzzz . no biggie.
As far as lawyers, doctors etc. ... man this is a sports forum bro, and coaches still fall into that catagory the last time I looked.

Maybe they need a sports forum where the ratio is better than 10 hall monitors to every 1 student. ... w00t.gif

#18 sonoman24

sonoman24

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:11 PM

I would agree with the others who say that there shouldn't be a dedicated site for coaches. The perfect site for that is the coaches site that was referenced.

I can, though, offer an idea for you Outlaw. Go to groups.yahoo.com and setup a coaches only group forum. You (or someone of your choosing) can be the Moderator and control who is allowed to join. Put the word out to all of your coaching friends and before long you will have the private area that you desire. Any new member who wants to join has to come through the Moderator.

I can't totally disagree with your comment regarding the trash-talking. If I were a coach, I would probably have a tough time with my players being on this site during the season. I just don't think the answer is to segregate this forum.
Jim Rice = Hall of Famer
Andre Dawson = Hall of Famer

Words of wisdom here on SDC:
Me, if I ever do fly again...If I see a Muslim or hear anyone not speaking English well, or hear a Muslim name, I'm going to scream and point, TERRORIST, TERRORIST

People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
~Rogers Hornsby

Why does everybody stand up and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" when they're already there?
~Larry Anderson
[b]

#19 Straw

Straw

Rise and rise again!

• Administrators
  • 11,367 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (pinecone @ Apr 25 2008, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I haven't been to that site so I can't verify if it sucks or not.
Just curious why it would matter to anybody on this site if there was a section that they couldn't access. There are pleanty of places in the real world a lot of us can't get into based on credentials etc. Geeeeeeeezzzz . no biggie.
As far as lawyers, doctors etc. ... man this is a sports forum bro, and coaches still fall into that catagory the last time I looked.

Maybe they need a sports forum where the ratio is better than 10 hall monitors to every 1 student. ... w00t.gif

I can show the coach how to start his own forum just for coaches. Probably would be a hit!

#20 pinecone

pinecone

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Strawberry66 @ Apr 25 2008, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can show the coach how to start his own forum just for coaches. Probably would be a hit!

True ... true. ...

Wazzupp straw? ... Man I got some good news for ya bro. I'll holler at ya later about it. ... thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users