8 replies to this topic

#1 JShock

JShock

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:55 AM

1. LaDainian Tomlinson (although I worry about his health)
2. Adrian Peterson (same concern)
3. Bryant Westbrook (contract concerns-holdout possibility)
4. Tom Brady (I hate taking Qbs in the 1st round)
5. Stephen Jackson (injury concerns, but it is a contract year for him)

Agree or disagree?
When it's on, it's on.

#2 Baron

Baron

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts
  • Interests:Hook'em
    A tired Cowboy fan
    NSHS Trojans
    FHS Battlin Billies
    Rangers
    Mavs
    Stars

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:55 PM

I don't understand the idea that you shouldn't take a QB in the first round. The most fantasy points scored are from QB's

1. Tom Brady 484
2. Tony Romo 359
3. Peyton Manning 319
4. Ben Roethlisberger 316
5. Derek Anderson 315
6. Drew Brees 314
7. Hasselbeck 306
8. L Tomlinson 303
9. Randy Moss 287
10. Carson Palmer 282
11. B Westbrook 280

Who is John Galt?

#3 postnup247

postnup247

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 10 2008, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand the idea that you shouldn't take a QB in the first round. The most fantasy points scored are from QB's

1. Tom Brady 484
2. Tony Romo 359
3. Peyton Manning 319
4. Ben Roethlisberger 316
5. Derek Anderson 315
6. Drew Brees 314
7. Hasselbeck 306
8. L Tomlinson 303
9. Randy Moss 287
10. Carson Palmer 282
11. B Westbrook 280

Maybe because you have to get 2 running backs and their is a big drop in production past the first 10 running backs(especially with so many teams going to the 2 rb backfield). In our league last year, out of the top 21 overall points leaders, 15 were quarterbacks, 4 running backs, and 2 recievers. That means you are going to get good points from the top 15 qbs, so it is wise to get both of your running backs before round 4. The only way I would take a qb in round 1 is if I had one of the last first round picks, followed by an early second rounder. If you are into the middle of the second round and you don't have any running backs yet, you probably aren't going to get very good running backs(unless you get lucky with a rookie). That is my opinion anyway.

#4 BGR

BGR

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:39 PM

The runnning back by committee most teams seem to be leaning toward is killing the back to back RB pick in fantasy drafts. I was lucky enough to get the first selection in my fantasy league and I didn't hesitate to pick up Tom Brady, first overall. The next couple of picks were RBs but other guys went with QBs also. The QB position really carried my teams last year with Romo in one and Brady in another, won a Superbowl with Brady in a 12 team league. So I don't think you can go wrong with choosing Brady, Peyton Manning or Romo in the first round.

p.s. if you are in a league that rewards points per reception Brian Westbrook is a great pickup.

#5 Guest_CNOrtega_*

Guest_CNOrtega_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:40 PM

Genius in my league took Brady with the number 2 pick. Next guy takes Barber, so Peterson comes to me in a steal at the 4th pick.

#6 JShock

JShock

2nd Stringer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

It is officially the year of the WR and the sleeper. The mocks I've done have all the legit #1 wideouts flying off the board in the second round. Also, with so many injuries, someone who does their homework will make a killing on trades if they pick the right sleeper candidates.
When it's on, it's on.

#7 BGR

BGR

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:28 AM

Picked up Peyton Manning late in the 2nd round (picked up Romo for my starter) in one draft traded him with Chad Johnson for Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Fred Taylor, worked out well for my team. Of course if Romo goes down I will be hollering DOH!

#8 Baron

Baron

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts
  • Interests:Hook'em
    A tired Cowboy fan
    NSHS Trojans
    FHS Battlin Billies
    Rangers
    Mavs
    Stars

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:15 PM

I had a draft where I couldn't be present and ended up with Brady, Romo, Bress and Hasselbeck. How does that happen? I have since traded Hasselbeck but Brady, Romo and Brees are on the undroppable list. That stinks. Brady could bring me almost any player I wanted.
Who is John Galt?

#9 BGR

BGR

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:32 PM

You can still trade undroppable players in your league can't you? Although Brady is worthless in the fantasy world unless you have a league that lets you keep veterans.

Brady's injury has seriously devastated my fantasy team, my 1st pick lost for the season. I am working on some deals to pick up another top flight QB. Not sure if that will work out or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users