39 replies to this topic

#1 Bballer073001

Bballer073001

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

Who else is sick of the guys mouth. I know that he can drive but when he doesnt win he turns into a big punk

#2 BluePirate

BluePirate

One Man Gang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

Big guess here... Jr fans.
TEAM BRING IT!

If you gotta be a Monkey... Be a Gorilla!

#3 USNDocOfMarines

USNDocOfMarines

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:51 AM

Because i'm a Dale Jr Fan - Its against JR Nation to be a Kyle Busch fan. But honestly, the guy is growing on me. He is one heck of an awesome driver, and he has an attitude that reminds me of Dale Sr. in a way, except for the fact that Busch does tend to be a punk at times. Like it or not, Kyle Busch is the new Intimidator.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

#4 BGR

BGR

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:16 AM

Kyle Bush still has a long way to go to reach Dale Sr.'s status but he is on his way. You will either love him or hate him as far as his personality but you can't deny he is one of the best, if not the best driver in NASCAR today. I am just glad NASCAR has slowed down on trying to paint him as a good guy. Bush pulls off the bad attitude better than (the previous bad attitude driver until he became a team owner) Tony Stewart did because Stewart always came across as whining, Bush doesn't.

NASCAR needs to let those fueds and attitudes show. Those were foundations of the sport of auto racing. The fans love it when the guys get in each other's faces and let them know how they feel. Not all the "Oh I am sure he didn't mean it, that is just racing" bull that NASCAR likes the drivers to spew now.

Sportsmanship fits some drivers, being a punk and a jerk fits others. Good vs. Evil, Ying n Yang, etc... NASCAR needs it to keep its wide fan base intact.

#5 Bballer073001

Bballer073001

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (BluePirate @ Apr 8 2009, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big guess here... Jr fans.

Wrong again not a jr fan but nice try

#6 CAPTTIGER

CAPTTIGER

Proud Member of the Mighty Oaks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

You don't have to be a Jr. fan to dislike "The Shrub". I have seen him in the pits and the garage area. He is a jerk. Forget his on track actions. He is rude and disrespectful to fans and fellow drivers. Get a Hot Pass and see for yourself.
Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII Champions

#7 BluePirate

BluePirate

One Man Gang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Bballer073001 @ Apr 8 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wrong again not a jr fan but nice try

Wrong? Nope. You asked "Who else...", ???.
TEAM BRING IT!

If you gotta be a Monkey... Be a Gorilla!

#8 etos10

etos10

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:56 AM

You gotta know the kid is a punk when none of the other drivers like him, heck, even his own big brother barely speaks to him. I have heard he is rude to fans. I just can't stand him. And I disagree with the other poster -- I think he comes across as VERY WHINEY when things don't go his way. I really think the kid needs to get over himself.

While I agree that he is a good driver and one of the best, he is not the best, not right now. Gordon has to take that honor. He is by far the best most consistent driver at this point in the season. And his longevity at the top speaks to his being possibly the best driver out there right now.

#9 Buckeye1980

Buckeye1980

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Interests:Gilmer grad 1980...KC grad 1983...UT Tyler1992.... Sam Houston State University 1999 Texas Department of Criminal Justice Assistance Division 2007

Gregg County CSCD

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (CAPTTIGER @ Apr 8 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't have to be a Jr. fan to dislike "The Shrub". I have seen him in the pits and the garage area. He is a jerk. Forget his on track actions. He is rude and disrespectful to fans and fellow drivers. Get a Hot Pass and see for yourself.

Guess here is that if you were a fan of his, then his "personality" would not be a problem. I am not a fan of his but NASCAR needs him and his attitude, it is what keeps the sport fresh. Just like footbal fans have teams they do not like , NASCAR has to have drivers that fans do not care for .

Reserved ticket $5.00
Hot Dog $2.00
Coke $1.00
Pop Corn $1.00
WINNING TRADITION PRICLELESS!!!

#10 Bballer073001

Bballer073001

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (Buckeye1980 @ Apr 9 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guess here is that if you were a fan of his, then his "personality" would not be a problem. I am not a fan of his but NASCAR needs him and his attitude, it is what keeps the sport fresh. Just like footbal fans have teams they do not like , NASCAR has to have drivers that fans do not care for .

Yes Nascar needs drivers that dont act like robots but I think Kyle pushes the limit. Just look at the way he acts if he wins then alls well but if he doesnt then its the crews fault or another driver did something to him. Not once when he drove for hendrick did he show me anything. Yes the kid can drive but I just get tired of he after race junk

#11 Buckeye1980

Buckeye1980

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Interests:Gilmer grad 1980...KC grad 1983...UT Tyler1992.... Sam Houston State University 1999 Texas Department of Criminal Justice Assistance Division 2007

Gregg County CSCD

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (Bballer073001 @ Apr 9 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes Nascar needs drivers that dont act like robots but I think Kyle pushes the limit. Just look at the way he acts if he wins then alls well but if he doesnt then its the crews fault or another driver did something to him. Not once when he drove for hendrick did he show me anything. Yes the kid can drive but I just get tired of he after race junk

But , you know what? You notice him, other people notice him.....and when you notice him, you notice his sponsor....and the sponsor LOVES that!!!!!

Reserved ticket $5.00
Hot Dog $2.00
Coke $1.00
Pop Corn $1.00
WINNING TRADITION PRICLELESS!!!

#12 Loftin74

Loftin74

Left Side Pride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

The only thing I have to say about the guy which hasn't really been brought to light is how much attention he gets from the race announcers...........even when he is running poorly.

They always talk about how winning races is the mark of a champion, this that and the other thing..................the guy has NOT won a championship.

I just get sick of hearing about the guy
Ignorance is bliss. Some know this more than others.

#13 Bballer073001

Bballer073001

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Loftin74 @ Apr 9 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing I have to say about the guy which hasn't really been brought to light is how much attention he gets from the race announcers...........even when he is running poorly.

They always talk about how winning races is the mark of a champion, this that and the other thing..................the guy has NOT won a championship.

AMEN

#14 CAPTTIGER

CAPTTIGER

Proud Member of the Mighty Oaks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (Buckeye1980 @ Apr 9 2009, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you mean to say.....My guess here is that.......?

If so..............WRONG. I don't cheer for rude behavior. Again, I have seen him in action IN PERSON. I have not read anywhere else on this thread where someone has said that. Even Tony Stewart had to say that it is nice not to be the biggest jerk on the team anymore.

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII Champions

#15 USNDocOfMarines

USNDocOfMarines

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:15 AM

Just to clear something up, in my earlier post I compared KB to Earnhardt Sr., but the truth is KB is not even close to being in the same league as Sr. I really should I have thought more about my analysis of KB before i posted.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

#16 tiggerbacker

tiggerbacker

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Loftin74 @ Apr 9 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, I am so sick of Darrell Waltrip's man crush on this jerk. Abrasive personalities are good for NASCAR but I do not need to be told how to think and who to root for.

#17 BGR

BGR

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Loftin74 @ Apr 9 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The love fest is with JGR... the Toyota flagship. NASCAR loves them some Yota'. You here more about Bush, Logano and Hamlin even when they are running poorly than other teams that are leading the race.

#18 BGR

BGR

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (tiggerbacker @ Apr 10 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly, I am so sick of Darrell Waltrip's man crush on this jerk. Abrasive personalities are good for NASCAR but I do not need to be told how to think and who to root for.

May be Waltrip sees himself in Bush. Waltrip was not well liked by other drivers when he was younger.

#19 cheaptrick77

cheaptrick77

Rock & Roll Snöb

• Administrators
  • 20,211 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, Hockey, Obscure Rock & Roll, Obscure Movies, Proud to be the only East Texan who does not worship at the football alter...

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

ENOUGH ALREADY with the back-and-forth one-upmanship. angry.gif

I realize a few of you guys are not on each others’ Christmas Card list, but leave the snarky remarks and name-calling to e-mails and not this public forum.

THANK YOU, carry on....................................

#20 justsomeone

justsomeone

Coaching Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:18 PM

Bush cheats!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users