Has Dwight Smith scored a major comeback?

Smoaky

Former Carthage all-state running back Dwight Smith has been a very busy young man throughout the summer and his hard work appears to be paying off.

According to Carthage head coach Scott Surratt, Smith is one correspondence course away from being accepted and enrolling at T.C.U..

Smith has completed some summer classes, with one more in progress, and if he gets a B or better in the final course, his overall core GPA combined with his latest ACT score should be enough for Smith to be in Fort Worth this fall.

Another source told Smoak, "Dwight has made tremendous progress, it's up to him now, and he's very close."

Smith, who also double-signed with Navarro, was named the Class 3-A Player of Year after rushing for 2,820-yards and 41-TD's, including a 271-yard 5-TD performance against Celina in the state championship game.

Meanwhile, Chapel Hill running back Matthew Tucker has been enrolled at T.C.U. and will be at workouts in early August.

David Smoak

He'll do it. This means a lot to him. Dwight, just keep up the hard work once you get there, and keep in mind that it's a lot easier to keep those grades up as you go along. I'm very proud of you! Just the fact that you've worked this hard and come this far says a lot about your determination and perseverance. Stay with it!

That's great! I'm happy to see hard work paying off for some of these kids. TCU has a nice stable of running backs.

I think it could also stand to be mentioned that Tyrik Rollison qualified and is enrolled at Auburn. Especially after the bashing he took on this board about his grades back in December. :notworthy:

Hopefully these young men will come back to speak at their schools over the next few years and stress the importance of taking care of the grades early in your high school career so you don't end up in the spot they are/were in. Good luck to both.

That's great! I'm happy to see hard work paying off for some of these kids. TCU has a nice stable of running backs.

I think it could also stand to be mentioned that Tyrik Rollison qualified and is enrolled at Auburn. Especially after the bashing he took on this board about his grades back in December. :notworthy:

Congrats to Mr. Rollison

Looking forward to seeing him at UA. Hope they give the spread another shot.

• 1 month later...
"the killer frogs" message boards have got to be burning up with this one! lol

i'm pulling for him and i know frog nation is as well! keep up the hard work!

As Frog alum and a member of "frog nation", i'm very excited about this and also proud that we do such a good job overall of scouting and recruiting East Texas. What started with Stephen Hodge has turned into an understanding from the TCU coaching staff that smaller East Texas schools have some true diamonds in the rough.

As Frog alum and a member of "frog nation", i'm very excited about this and also proud that we do such a good job overall of scouting and recruiting East Texas. What started with Stephen Hodge has turned into an understanding from the TCU coaching staff that smaller East Texas schools have some true diamonds in the rough.

Jarrett Anderson does a great job recruiting in ET, but I think he started long before Stephen Hodge...

Yes, Jarrett Anderson has been roaming through East Texas recruiting for a long time.

After all, he's from Tyler (Lee).

Also, Dwight Smith finished his correspondence classes and from all indications passed everything necessary.

The NCAA is very thorough with these clearinghouse cases, and they are probably looking at something, a test or before making their final decision.

The deadline to get cleared is September 9th and the clock is ticking.

David Smoak