Gilmer @ Atlanta Scrimmage Results & Stats

BigBrother

Gilmer 9th grade defeated Atlanta 9th grade 1-0 TD.

Gilmer JV defeated Atlanta JV 4-2 TD's.

Gilmer Varsity defeated Atlanta Varsity 6-0 TD's.

Varsity Stats:

Gilmer

Rushes/Yards 20/117

Completions/Attempts/TD/INT 16/34/5/0

Passing Yards 434

Total Yards 551

First Downs 15

Turnovers 0

Atlanta

Rushes/Yards 28/-4

Completions/Attempts/TD/INT 10/25/0/4

Passing Yards 74

Total Yards 70

First Downs 5

Turnovers 5

Varsity Stats:

Gilmer

Rushes/Yards 20/117

Passing Yards 474

Total Yards 591

First Downs 15

Turnovers 0

Atlanta

Rushes/Yards 28/-4

Passing Yards 74

Total Yards 70

First Downs 5

Turnovers 5

same story diffrent year lol

Varsity Stats:

Gilmer

Rushes/Yards 20/117

Passing Yards 474

Total Yards 591

First Downs 15

Turnovers 0

591 Yards in the first scrimmage! WOW!

Varsity Stats:

Gilmer

Rushes/Yards 20/117

Passing Yards 474

Total Yards 591

First Downs 15

Turnovers 0

Atlanta

Rushes/Yards 28/-4

Passing Yards 74

Total Yards 70

First Downs 5

Turnovers 5

Good job BB, now, go take your pop to dinner! LOL.

Impressive... Now, who knows much about the Rabbits and what kind of record they may be looking at?

I still think Atlanta will be a playoff team this season. They had a good looking QB and a group of really tall receivers, as well as some nice defensive players.

This was more about how good Gilmer played than how poorly Atlanta played.

Gilmer is pre-season number one for a reason.

and just think what those 5 turnovers would have meant in a real game instead of this scrimmage where Atlanta got the ball back at the 30 yard line after each turnover!

most of those turnovers were against our 2nd team. i don't think our first unit turned it over once.

I still think Atlanta will be a playoff team this season. They had a good looking QB and a group of really tall receivers, as well as some nice defensive players.

This was more about how good Gilmer played than how poorly Atlanta played.

Gilmer is pre-season number one for a reason.

Man BB, it's gonna be hard for Atlanta to make the playoffs. Too many good teams in their district.

you've got my apologies for that..last year when we went to Buckeye stadium..they had the A/C pumping full blast all over the field and had managers running around with gatorade for both teams.

my apologies for not making our stadium and facilities on the par with a TRUE 3A powerhouse like Gilmer. i know our facilities..field and support system was definitely below Gilmer Buckeye Standards.

i'm just proud as peaches that our first sting varsity was able to give your freshman team a decent fight before they over powered us.

Rabfan, can you give us your brack down of the rabs this year so at least we can have some perspective of todays scrimmage from someone respected from the other side? I don't know about others on here but I pull for most teams in east texas, at least when they are not playing the Bucks. I hope to see Atlanta back to the glory of 03 b/c it makes all of us better. Anyway, your thoughts on the scrimmage and this years rabs if you don't mind.

most of those turnovers were against our 2nd team. i don't think our first unit turned it over once.

I can't say who Atlanta had in at the time, but in the Rabbitts first 20 plays (which were supposed to be the 1st teams), Gilmer intercepted a pass on the 5th play and recovered a fumble on the 19th play.

On Atlanta's next series of 15 plays (which was billed to be the 2nd teams) Gilmer picked off 1 pass.

On Atlanta's final possession of 20 plays (again supposed to be mostly first teamers), Gilmer intercepted passes on the 7th and 9th plays of the series.

you've got my apologies for that..last year when we went to Buckeye stadium..they had the A/C pumping full blast all over the field and had managers running around with gatorade for both teams.

my apologies for not making our stadium and facilities on the par with a TRUE 3A powerhouse like Gilmer. i know our facilities..field and support system was definitely below Gilmer Buckeye Standards.

i'm just proud as peaches that our first sting varsity was able to give your freshman team a decent fight before they over powered us.

I think it got warmer than I thought today,,a good cold shower works wonders,,,

i don't ever remember a scrimmage lasting that long either. especially considering that the jv. and freshmen teams were on the field together.

it was bad on the home side too because that sun was blasting right down in our faces.

btw...i wanted to take the time to thank everybody from Gilmer that came to the scrimmage. i know scrimmages are a low budget affair and there's not much fanfare involved in them...but the kids from both sides got to play in front of a crowd of sorts and get a feel for what the regular season will be like. you also took some time to go to the concession stand..limited fare i know..but you still spent your money there...every bit helps....you guys are a class act..hopefully our coaches can keep either a scrimmage or a game with you guys on the schedule during the next realignment. of course...

i'd love to have you guys in the same district with us. that's old school from back in the 70's and early 80's....

my perfect district would be Atlanta, LE, Daingerfield, Gilmer, Jefferson, PG, Pittsburg and New Boston.

you want to talk about survival of the fittest!

yes we won state back in 03'

whats happened to us?...i guess the same thing that happens to every program that's had an incredible 20 year run....you hit a down cycle. kids aren't as big..classes get smaller occasionally.....things just cycle around.

for nearly 20 years, we were 3+ deep in the play-offs and the terror of 3A in this region. thats not a bad deal. now we're having to build back up to it again.

it happens to every program. we've got good kids and a great coaching staff and we're working hard to get back to where we were.