Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Posts posted by Stankylegg

  1. On 9/18/2023 at 10:15 AM, LetsGoEagles said:

    Great comments. I disagree. I don’t see it as sky is falling. Do I think we have a good chance at getting 3rd place? Sure. I do. I see it as something like this. Lindale 40% chance, Palestine 35% chance and Hendo 25% chance. Maybe it’s more about 2 things with me. 1. Our defense. It just worries me. Giving up almost 50 points a game is terrible. No other way to describe it. Yes, we’ve got some players out. And getting them back will help. I agree. 2. I think Palestine and Hendo are improved this year. I just think both will be tougher games this year, than in past years. That’s from a combination of our defense and them getting better. We shall find out Friday night. I don’t see us holding Hendo to 28. But we’ve both shared opinions and I respect yours. We’ll find out Friday night. I hope YOU are right. Believe that. 

    They can give up 50 points in every single game and go undefeated as long as they score at least 51.  Lindale/Henderson is my pick to get 4th place right now.  Palestine in 3rd place.  Jacksonville and Athens might as well pray for a better realignment.

  2. 11 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

    I can’t remember the poster but he never said  anything negative and was very informative. I don’t think you fit that criteria.

    I remember him.  His avatar had a cartoon mullet man.  He was the eternal optimist.


    Kildogs are too much for the cats this go round.  Palestine will start district 0-2, but they might can take that last playoff spot.

  3. Just now, poisoned10 said:


    Tough 1st game.  Gilmer will be okay, but part of the reason they will be okay is because the program doesn’t accept games like tonight as “normal” or “okay.”   I’m always impressed by Gilmer year after year, and I expect good things from Gilmer as the season plays out.  

  4. 3 minutes ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

    Hill offense is scary good, defense needs adjustments.. All in all think they'll be playing in December 

    It’s also H-O-T on that field, & Gilmer is a really, really good team that practices offense and knows how to score points.  Two things that work against a defense.  They’ll be okay.  

  5. Lindale get the notice football season has started?   Better step it up.  Should be stopping the booger-snot out of Kaufman.   Get it together eagles!  Y’all the ones worried about a DOD title anyway.    

    Remind me of the Kentucky fans chanting S-E-C, S-E-C.

  6. The title DOD is something that gets throw around, but can’t accurately be crowned until the season is completed.  2022 4AD1 districts rankings.  1 pt per playoff team, 1pt per 1st round win, 2pts per 2nd round win, 3pts for 3rd round win, etc.   Also, pts per round in district rematch, ex.  3rd round Lindale vs Kilgore = 3pts added to D9’s tally.


    D1 - 4

    D2 - 10

    D3 - 8

    D4 - 20

    D5 - 27

    D6 - 8

    D7 - 8

    D8 - 11

    D9 - 33

    D10 - 7

    D11 - 4

    D12 - 8

    D13 - 6

    D14 - 22

    D15 - 9

    D16 - 10

    D9 was the toughest district in 4AD1 based on this point system, but I’m not certain about other classes.  

    • Like 5
    • Thanks 1
  7. 1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

    This is your opinion just like other people have theirs that's one thing you can't control is someone else's opinion. It doesn't mean they are right and doesn't mean they are wrong. It just boiled down to the better team won yesterday.

    Absolutely the best team won.  It wasn’t a 1 possession game that came down to one or two crucial plays/mistakes.  It was a beating from an exceptional squad. 

    • Thanks 1
  8. 6 minutes ago, navscanmaster said:

    It can be a sore spot for Champion HS fans, but Boerne ISD implemented High School choice after a lot of parent complaints that Champion had much stronger and diverse academic programs.  It used to be that north of TX46 went to BHS and south of TX46 went to CHS.  There are a few starters at BHS that live in the old Champion feeder zone, but it’s not as impactful as Champion would have you believe.  They had a down year, Boerne is having a statement year.  

    Austin LBJ had similar circumstances, but at the end of the day the UIL sees them as a legit team that can suit up and play.  If you want to be the best, you have to bear the best, and you can’t worry about excuses for how they became the best. 

  9. Saying CH overlooked Boerne isn’t accurate or a fair statement to Boerne.  It gives the idea that if CH had focused more on Boerne the outcome could have been different.   These coaches and players worked really hard this past week.  CH runs the football, tries to hit the edges and get in open space.  CH hasnt ever relied on the passing game to be their bread and butter, and obviously there’s reason for than.  Boerne was just a better team, and that’s why they won the game.  It wasn’t lack of focus, lack of discipline, the long drive, or any of the other things that have been thrown around.  Boerne was just the better team with a very good defense and elite o-line.  

    everybody all of a sudden throwing around hash tags and don’t even know what the meaning of the hash tag is.  Almost like they are happy a fellow East Texas team has come up short of their goal.  I’ve never once rejoiced in the shortcomings of another East Texas team representing this part of the state this deep in the playoffs.  The hashtag is from last year when LBJ said the reason they would beat CH was because they were the fastest team in the state.  They were the fastest team in the state, but CH is fast too.  In that game they proved that they could play with LbJ and were very close to a SC.  That became the goal this entire season to make it past the point of last year and play all 16 games.  Having goals like that is a noble thing, and doesn’t mean a team is arrogant, it means they have high expectations for themselves.   CH got beat yesterday, and they played hard, but still got beat.  They didn’t get out schemed or out prepared, they got physically beat.  Boerne did a great job.   The rest of y’all that find joy in the loss of a fellow East Texas team can get a life.  Some of y’all haven’t had a team playing for weeks and you come out of the hillbilly sticks to a CH thread out of nowhere to be a troll.

    • Like 4
    • Thanks 1
  10. End of the season for the dogs.  

    There’s teams that just want to win more games than they lose.  There’s teams that just want to make the playoff, there’s teams that want to win just one playoff game, and there’s teams that want to make a deep playoff run.  CH’s goal all season was to make it to the SC.

    Considering where this program was before Rio got here, I’d say they have come a long way.  Making it to the final 4 is a great season, and the fact that it feels like a major let down is a testament to how expectations at CH have changed for the better.  Go have a good offseason and keep setting high goals.  

    • Like 1
  • Create New...