Black panther?

KingGeorge

This is a picture that was taken from my brother's game cam in Camp county just a couple of weeks ago. There have been rumors of black panther sightings in the area. If you google "black panther texas" the first link that comes up is sightings in Upshur county which is directly south of Camp county. The actual possibility of this being a picture of a black panther is a little far fetched.. but it is pretty coincidental. I just wanted some feedback on the picture to see what you guys think about it. My brother also told me the very next picture on the camera showed the blurry hogs running off and the "mystery animal" in the background was no longer there. Let me know what ya think!

black_panther.jpg

I agree it does look a little small to be a panther. It's definitely a youngin' if that's what it is. Definitely not a housecat though. Savannah cats are the largest hybrid domesticated cats that you can legally own without a permit.. and they aren't even as big that thing.

132.JPG

This is a picture that was taken from my brother's game cam in Camp county just a couple of weeks ago. There have been rumors of black panther sightings in the area. If you google "black panther texas" the first link that comes up is sightings in Upshur county which is directly south of Camp county. The actual possibility of this being a picture of a black panther is a little far fetched.. but it is pretty coincidental. I just wanted some feedback on the picture to see what you guys think about it. My brother also told me the very next picture on the camera showed the blurry hogs running off and the "mystery animal" in the background was no longer there. Let me know what ya think!

black_panther.jpg

this is the following picture of the first. Possibly in attack mode?

It took me a minute to make anything out on this picture.. the bright dot on the far left side of the middle black area looks to be the eye and right above that is the ear. You can tell the size of the animal a little better in this picture. The body tails off to the right and back towards to treeline. This picture is starting to make me a believer in the black panther!

Odd to say the least. If it were my picture and all I would say that they are just other pigs, something that looks strange, but odds are that is what they are and odds are that the picture just looks funny. Not saying it is not a cat, just wouldn't convince me.

But to each his own.

I changed the contrast and lighting on the pictures and it helped out a lot. From what it looks like there are 2 cats.. not just one. I also marked on the pictures where the cats are as they are hard to distinguish on the second picture.

BLACK_PANTHER_EDITED_1.jpg

BLACK_PANTHER_EDITED_2.jpg

BLACK_PANTHER_1.jpg

black_panther_2.jpg

"cat 1" in the 2nd picture is two hogs. I could see that in the original picture before the enhancements.

• 1 year later...
I agree it does look a little small to be a panther. It's definitely a youngin' if that's what it is. Definitely not a housecat though. Savannah cats are the largest hybrid domesticated cats that you can legally own without a permit.. and they aren't even as big that thing.

What is the 'size' of a panther since no one has ever measured one? Maybe these Jaguarundi's are what people are seeing and calling black panthers?