• Phillies in 4
    • Phillies in 5
    • Phillies in 6
    • Phillies in 7
    • Yankees in 4
    • Yankees in 5
    • Yankees in 6
    • Yankees in 7

Great performance by Lee and the Phillies last night. He was nothing short of dominant in every sense of the word. Still can't believe a major leaguer could make as boneheaded a baserunning gaffe as Matsui did last night! Hard to believe.

that play was something. looked like it might drop for the double play and rollins still turns it. wow! lee was awesome. would look great in pinstripes if philly dont pick up his option! utley has to be the best second basemen in the game right now. we still have 6 games left to turn things around.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that play was something. looked like it might drop for the double play and rollins still turns it. wow! lee was awesome. would look great in pinstripes if philly dont pick up his option! utley has to be the best second basemen in the game right now. we still have 6 games left to turn things around.

I just want the World Series to go the distance in seven great games. No doubt these are the two best teams in baseball, and that's what the WS should be. You know, Matsui has to freeze on that line drive hit with less than two outs. If Rollins did let it drop, he's still out at 2B anyway. But he drifted way too far off 1B, and he got doubled off as a result. Bad mistake.

Should be fun at the Bronx with Pedro ("Who's your Daddy?") on the hill! I'm hoping for a tight one-run ballgame either way tonight, and for that matter, for the rest of the Series.

lee was lights out last night and the yankess just had to take it. not much you can do about it when a guy is throwing like he was. utley battled both times up when he hit the homers and that's the way that goes too. throw in a few walks and a couple of timely hits and you lose 6-1. it was entertaining though and the rest of the series should be as well. of course none of this matters for next year cause, and yes i know it's early, the rangers will take it in 7 over the stros!!!

lee was lights out last night and the yankess just had to take it. not much you can do about it when a guy is throwing like he was. utley battled both times up when he hit the homers and that's the way that goes too. throw in a few walks and a couple of timely hits and you lose 6-1. it was entertaining though and the rest of the series should be as well. of course none of this matters for next year cause, and yes i know it's early, the rangers will take it in 7 over the stros!!!

I like the way you think!

Thankfully, they don't just play one game. Lee pitched out of his mind. One of the best performances in the World Series I've seen in a while.

Tonight's big-time. Burnett's got to bring it for the Yankees before they go to Philly.

I think we are going to see Pedro go back to being the dominant force he used to be in this game. He should give 6 good innings. Just hope the Phillies bullpen can hold on.

Great performance by Lee and the Phillies last night. He was nothing short of dominant in every sense of the word. Still can't believe a major leaguer could make as boneheaded a baserunning gaffe as Matsui did last night! Hard to believe.

Hideki is a professional, and he knew he was out on that call. He didn't even argue it.

The pitch count is starting to get up on Pedro, and we'll see how good the Phillies bullpen is tonight. The Yankess bats have seemed to be flat. Lidge isn't as good as he used to be. Tex finally got a homerun tonight, but he's batting like Dave Kingman. AFRAUD is now 0-7 with 5 strikeouts in the World Series, it's time to bench him.

To paraphrase Jim Morrison : The "Assassin" awoke before dawn, he put his glove on. Mariano walked onto the mound tonight, and struck Ryan Howard down. Mariano is the greatest closer of all time. In his words, "We're ready to go and do it".

It's time to head to the City of Brotherly Shove, with a true Texan taking the mound. A man that has more career post season victories than anyone. I can't wait.

another entertaining game last night. bad call probably cost the yanks a big inning and you would think that with 13 umpires out there they could get it right. oh well, that's baseball. again the good pitching beats good hitting thing comes into play as burnett was throwing the ball well. who's your daddy looked pretty darn good too. look forward to game 3

Hideki is a professional, and he knew he was out on that call. He didn't even argue it.

The pitch count is starting to get up on Pedro, and we'll see how good the Phillies bullpen is tonight. The Yankess bats have seemed to be flat. Lidge isn't as good as he used to be. Tex finally got a homerun tonight, but he's batting like Dave Kingman. AFRAUD is now 0-7 with 5 strikeouts in the World Series, it's time to bench him.

I think you've totally missed the point here, or you don't understand the situation. No one's saying Matsui isn't a professional. Yes, Matsui got doubled up, but it should never have happened! On a line drive hit with less than two outs, you freeze to see the ball through, and if it gets caught (which it did), you get back to the bag and don't get doubled off. But that's not what he did--he strayed way too far off 1B. There was nothing to argue there.

But, it does just go to prove that even the greatest ballplayers in the world still do, from time to time, make terrible baserunning mistakes. Looks like Matsui made up for it last night, though, with that bomb off Martinez.

I think you've totally missed the point here, or you don't understand the situation. No one's saying Matsui isn't a professional. Yes, Matsui got doubled up, but it should never have happened! On a line drive hit with less than two outs, you freeze to see the ball through, and if it gets caught (which it did), you get back to the bag and don't get doubled off. But that's not what he did--he strayed way too far off 1B. There was nothing to argue there.

But, it does just go to prove that even the greatest ballplayers in the world still do, from time to time, make terrible baserunning mistakes. Looks like Matsui made up for it last night, though, with that bomb off Martinez.

There's a lot of if's about "Godzilla" right now. There's a lot of speculation about his ability to run. Matsui doesn't have his wheels, and the base coach took a risk. Those plays happen in baseball. Hideki needs every inch that he can get, and it cost the Yankees an out in game one. That one play won't ever stand out in my mind, because game one was virtually lost, unless the Yankees rallied. It didn't happen, so it's time to move on to game 3 in Philly where Matsui probably won't even play, unless they take a bigger risk with his knee.