• Yankees in 6
    • Yankees in 7

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's why the Rangers are looking for a new owner. Winning starts with leadership, and that leadership starts at the top. If the Rangers management, wants to cut costs, and create gimmicks with signings of Nolan Ryan and what not...

You can sit your tail end in the seat, be happy your team gets beat, listen to the Cotton Eyed Joe during the 7th inning stretch : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAltG2NrM0Y . Buy your flimsy little bats, not go to The Rangers Museum, and whine that the Yankees are winning. All over again in 2010. You pay for what you get, we got rid of our riff raff. I see at least 3 more World Series Championships in the next 5 years. These drunken sailors will gladly pay for quality players to join our team.

I'm a very happy Yankee fan tonight !!! My wife is really mad at me right now, but she'll be okay tomorrow, she can control the television until Sunday night.

Only things I can't stand more than the Yankees are yankee fans. The only yankees I like are the ones that George Costanza worked for (on the show not during those years)

As long as it doesn't affect my son's Johnny Oates scholarship, I don't care who buys the Rangers.

In due time, my friend :)

Neftali Feliz

Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Elvis Andrus

Matt Harrison

Beau Jones

^ I will take them over Mark Teixeira any day! :D

I'm not trying go all Smokey Robinson on ya but I second that emotion!!!!!!!

The only comforting thought I have right now (other than pitchers and catchers report in 102 days) is that somewhere in Florida, George Steinbrenner is drooling out of the corner of his mouth, watching "Saved by the Bell" reruns, and wondering why everybody keeps congratulating and bothering him! LOL...

Relax, all you Yankees "fans" - it's just a joke! (Yeah, that's right...a joke...)

I have archived every World Series game since I purchased my first VCR is 1988 (Dodgers-Athletics). I sit here typing this while a DVD-R of last night's game is finalizing & I must wonder aloud if there exists any future sequence of events that would result in my viewing of the game ever again :hmm:

...it would have to involve a pretty incredible woman, but why would I go out with a Yankees fan? :rofl:

watching "Saved by the Bell" reruns

:whome:

Looks like the Yankees bought themselves another ring.......

Exactly, when ever the Yankees are in the Series I don't watch one pitch. MLB has allowed Steinbrenner destrow the game for millions of us. Think I'm done with MLB for good.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but the fact is that the Yankees' Core Four - Posada, Pettitte, Rivera, and Jeter - have all been together in New York since '96 and were homegrown, and they've certainly been responsible for a great percentage of the Yankees five world championships since then.

Was that really me actually "defending" the Evil Empire?

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but the fact is that the Yankees' Core Four - Posada, Pettitte, Rivera, and Jeter - have all been together in New York since '96 and were homegrown, and they've certainly been responsible for a great percentage of the Yankees five world championships since then.

Was that really me actually "defending" the Evil Empire?

rise lord ratface and welcome to the darkside. lol petitte had his problems with the hgh. other than that those 4 guys play ball the way it should be played. be a sad day when they start retiring or arent resigned.

WE ???? I didn't see you on the field last night! :rofl:

You don't get it Cheaptrick77, we the fans paid for the Championship. We purchase the merchandise, we watch the games, we go and see our team play. We SUPPORT our team. You can try to say it's a conspiracy theory, but that's how it works. As fans, it is our Championship as well.

We even support most M.L.B. teams, the $175 million that the Yankees have paid in the luxury tax, goes to who ? Who are our great players ? AFRAUD, the Yankees bailed out the Texas Rangers with that trade, and what did it get the Yankees. AFRAUD is still not a part of the Yankee tradition. C.C. Sabathia ? Cleveland didn't want him, Milwaukee didn't want him, who welcomed C.C. with open arms ? We've had this discussion before, but maybe Texas will contend next year, but anytime they play the Yankees they lock up.

The Yankees starting lineup isn't a blend of All Stars, but past All Stars. Look at Jeter, Posada, Pettitte, and Rivera, they are all over the age of 35. AFRAUD will turn 35 next summer. How old is Damon and Matsui ? What did Nick Swisher, Mark Texiera, and A.J. Burnett do in the World Series ? Nothing. It took a man with no knees, to win it for us. I wouldn't doubt if the Yankees pay to bring Matsui back. There are rumors of him going to Seattle. Matsui isn't a young man.

This is whole thing, it takes a team effort to win. A Manager as Ratface pointed out, will blend the talents of his components, and make it work. Baseball does start again next April, and I'll be rooting for the Yankees win or lose. I'm simply grateful, that the Yankees won the Series. I could have abandoned the Yankees in the 80's, but I didn't. I stuck with them, thick and thin. I've waited 9 long years for the Yankees to be back on top of the hill.

I have a lot of respect for Jeter and Rivera. They are both great ball players and future hall of famers, but the Yankees as a whole are just an evil empire. You kind of hate to see two great players like them play with a couple of cancers like Arod and Texeria.

the Yankees' Core Four - Posada, Pettitte, Rivera, and Jeter - have all been together in New York since '96 and were homegrown

True, but the off-season guns-for-hire put them over the top this season -- 'nothing unethical about it, I simply prefer a team developed primarily via a strong farm system ;)

You don't get it Cheaptrick77

Yeah -- I don't get it :rolleyes:

I have a lot of respect for Jeter and Rivera. They are both great ball players and future hall of famers, but the Yankees as a whole are just an evil empire. You kind of hate to see two great players like them play with a couple of cancers like Arod and Texeria.

i agree