• Phillies in 4
    • Phillies in 5
    • Phillies in 6
    • Phillies in 7
    • Yankees in 4
    • Yankees in 5
    • Yankees in 6
    • Yankees in 7

True, but the off-season guns-for-hire put them over the top this season -- 'nothing unethical about it, I simply prefer a team developed primarily via a strong farm system ;)

Yeah -- I don't get it :rolleyes:

Look across the M.L.B. rosters, you will find many ex-Rangers found on them. Texas let go of "Hammerin" Hank Blaylock, because they can't afford him. Why ? If George Steinbrenner was the Boss in Texas, he would have given him a raise. He would have opened up his pocket book, and given him a raise.

I've spent more days in the Temple West watching the Rangers, than any other ballpark in America. It's the fair weather fans that don't deserve a championship. There is only one Ranger fan that I wish could see a World Series Championship, and that's Zonk. He's a great guy, a wonderful fan, and a great person.

Rangers fans need to take a look at this :

The players love us, and we love our Yankees !!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If George Steinbrenner was the Boss in Texas, he would have given (Hank Blalock) a raise. He would have opened up his pocket book, and given him a raise.

I highly doubt that.

The Yankees aren't even going to "open their pocketbooks" to give Hideki Matsui a raise -- which I find puzzling .

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but the fact is that the Yankees' Core Four - Posada, Pettitte, Rivera, and Jeter - have all been together in New York since '96 and were homegrown

Amazing!!!!!Esp. since 1 of the 4 appeared on the Astros' roster for 3 consecutive years.

Amazing!!!!!Esp. since 1 of the 4 appeared on the Astros' roster for 3 consecutive years.

You didn't get it at all. I'm not a Yankees fan by any stretch of the imagination, but all four of the Core Four came up in the Yankees system - even Pettitte. And I'm well aware of his time with the Astros.

You didn't get it at all. I'm not a Yankees fan by any stretch of the imagination, but all four of the Core Four came up in the Yankees system - even Pettitte. And I'm well aware of his time with the Astros.

Oh, I get it alright. Just messin witcha. I always thought Pettitte was playing for the Yankees[his heart was in his wallet which was left in NY] when he wore the Astros uniform. :rofl: This bud's for you :flowers: and all of the IcantstandtheyankeesandIhopetheyneverwinanotherworldseriesfans!!!!!!