Today (November 1st) will mark only the second time in professional sports history..........

cheaptrick77

...that all four of the major team sports (MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA) will be playing either a regular season or post-season game on the same date.

BASEBALL

2009 World Series Game 4

Yankees @ Phillies

HOCKEY

Bruins @ Rangers

Sharks @ Hurricanes

Blue Jackets @ Capitals

Avalanche @ Canucks

FOOTBALL

Broncos @ Ravens

Texans @ Bills

Browns @ Bears

Seahawks @ Cowboys

Rams @ Lions

49ers @ Colts

Dolphins @ Jets

Giants @ Eagles

Raiders @ Chargers

Jaguars @ Titans

Vikings @ Packers

Panthers @ Cardinals

BASKETBALL

Magic @ Raptors

Hornets @ Celtics

Bulls @ Heat

Trail Blazers @ Thunder

Grizzlies @ Nuggets

Timberwolves @ Suns

Hawks @ Lakers

:pointer: the only other time this occurred was Sunday, November 4, 2001

^ well, since you brought that up :whome: , these should also be mentioned:

GOLF

2009 Viking Classic

St. Petersburg Open

TENNIS

Sony Ericsson Championships

SOCCER

MLS Playoffs: Fire @ Revolution

MLS Playoffs: Galaxy at Chivas

I have no idea if these sports were also played on November 4, 2001 & don't really care to look it up :yawn:

Hey Cheapy I think this should tell you something... The MLB regular season lasts too long! Now I'm a baseball fan, don't get me wrong, but I think baseball should start a week or two later and end a few weeks earlier. My reasoning? It's too darn cold to STILL be playing baseball! I saw a pitcher for the Rockies wearing a jacket while running the bases during their playoff series against the Phillies, I believe the temp for that game was right around 30 degrees. That's one of many examples. Bring on the flames, just my personal opinion.

Bring on the flames, just my personal opinion.

Ah, don't worry, man -- this isn't the Political forum ... no flames here ... I respect your opinion even though it is never too late to play Baseball! :D

The season began later than usual due to the World Baseball Classic.

...and pitchers have ALWAYS worn jackets while they run the bases!

As soon as the World Series is over, I will watch Carribean League Winter Baseball on ESPN Deportes and FOX World...

Hey Cheapy I think this should tell you something... The MLB regular season lasts too long! Now I'm a baseball fan, don't get me wrong, but I think baseball should start a week or two later and end a few weeks earlier. My reasoning? It's too darn cold to STILL be playing baseball! I saw a pitcher for the Rockies wearing a jacket while running the bases during their playoff series against the Phillies, I believe the temp for that game was right around 30 degrees. That's one of many examples. Bring on the flames, just my personal opinion.

I have to agree. What's funny is a sportscaster here called Alex Rodriguez "Mr. November". It shows how much they know about Professional sports here. I just think there's too much to watch, and I'm not a great channel. Tonight I'm going to be flipping the channel inbetween Atlanta vs. New Orleans, and the World Series until the 7th innning, and I hate to say I'm going to be doing it.

I'd rather watch the baseball game, but there's going to be some excitement being played on MNF.

^ well, since you brought that up :whome: , these should also be mentioned:

GOLF

2009 Viking Classic

St. Petersburg Open

TENNIS

Sony Ericsson Championships

SOCCER

MLS Playoffs: Fire @ Revolution

MLS Playoffs: Galaxy at Chivas

I have no idea if these sports were also played on November 4, 2001 & don't really care to look it up :yawn:

What!!!??? No love for the toughest sport on earth? PBR World Finals in Las Vegas :ermm: Or NHRA also in Vegas :no:

^ jb mauney or guilherme marchi will wind up winning.

Marchi is in a bad slump at the finals. I sat with him on a flight out to the finals a couple years ago. Adriano Morales won that year. Helluva nice guy - but I've never met a Bullrider that wasn't.

JB will likely win, if not the Championship, the event. Lohstroh ain't giving up without a fight tho'

Ryan McConnell may be the sleeper in this battle - hard to tell - 4 more rounds to go.

Of course if he'd let that guy holding the gate slap him instead of slapping himself, he'd probably make "8" every time. LOL