Cowboys vs Saints

I think the Cowboys have a better Defense than New England and the D will be a huge factor when these two play. There gonna have to be able to get some stops against the Saints but it will be really hard. Gotta find a way to pressure Brees somehow.

Yeah the cowboys defense is way better than new england....I dont think NO line can stop ratliff and ware....

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think December 19 could be a game where a loss could catapult a team in a playoff game between the two. Think about it, these two teams would split if they play each other twice. IMO, whoever wins December 19, will lose if they play each other in the playoffs.

I think the Cowboys have a better Defense than New England and the D will be a huge factor when these two play. There gonna have to be able to get some stops against the Saints but it will be really hard. Gotta find a way to pressure Brees somehow.

So do I, but it is still hard to stop a freight train. Best thing to do it try and slow it down.

The Cowboys now have the 2nd ranked defense in points for the entire NFL, so that may help.

I think the big thing for the Boys is forcing Brees hand before he's ready. He's shown he gets in a bit of trouble that way...most quarterbacks do. Dallas needs to find a way to take away the '4 Vertical' that NO runs, and Bobby Carpenter/Gerald Sensabaugh will need to come up big for that.

NO will also use beaters to each side, so Orlando Scandrick/Alan Ball will need to have really good games.

The game last night Drew played very well. His passes were dead on. But, there were too many plays where receivers were wide open. The receivers run well after the catch last night. Poor angles and bad tackling by N. E. contributed there.

We also saw that Brady overthrows passes bad when he is pressed and needed to perform.

Dallas/New Orleans certainly should be a far better game than Monday night's was. The comparisons would suggest that -

In Football Outsiders DVOA offensive rankings, New Orleans is 1st. Dallas is 4th.

In Yards Per Attempt, New Orleans has overcome Indy for 1st. Dallas is again 4th in the league.

New Orleans ranks 1st in the amount of yards needed per point at a little under 12. Dallas needs around 16.

Dallas is second in the league in points allowed on defense; teams need 19.8 yards per point. New Orleans gives up 16 yards per point.

It would seem these two teams are very close.

After the game tonight...could be ugly come Dec 19....

I have to agree, last nights game was a game to watch. If the Saints play like that every game, with that intensity they will win the Super Bowl. With two supposed powerhouses gunning at each other, I haven't seen a beat down since New England destroyed Dallas 48 - 27 in 2007.

I still have the Saints at home ! I do not want to hear a bunch of "Who Dat's", but I have a bad feeling.

i dont think it will be a blowout...The saints were playing with a huge chip on their shoulder vs NE. My score as of right now is around 31-27 NO. Somewhere between 4-10 points is about what can be expected with how the teams have preformed so far this year.

i dont think it will be a blowout...The saints were playing with a huge chip on their shoulder vs NE. My score as of right now is around 31-27 NO. Somewhere between 4-10 points is about what can be expected with how the teams have preformed so far this year.

That's about what I expect also. Only I'm looking for Dallas to on top in the end. Lets face it, this game has potential of being a blowout either way if one team gets rolling. On the other hand don't be surprised to see a very low scoring game.

I think that Sean Payton takes games against Dallas personal, the last time these two played it was in Texas Stadium and the Saints stomped a mud hole in the Cowboys, and this time its in the Super Dome on a Saturday night.......not good. Im not sayin the Cowboys can't win but they have to be able to weather the storm at the start and try and hang around till the fourth quarter. I think if they hang around till the fourth then i think they've got a good shot at winnin the game.

That's about what I expect also. Only I'm looking for Dallas to on top in the end. Lets face it, this game has potential of being a blowout either way if one team gets rolling. On the other hand don't be surprised to see a very low scoring game.

From what I've seen from this Cowboy bunch, if they get behind by 10 or more they mail it in. When New Orleans gets behind, they claw back with a vengence. New Orleans has faced being behind, and I thought they were going to get beat by Miami. They're playing some good football, and they're going to give everything they've got. The Cowboys wilt under a lead by the other team.

The Cowboys better get ready, and they need to prove that they can handle a hostile environment this Sunday. Dallas is New Orleans only contest, unless they decide to rest up the last two weeks to prevent injuries. I think they want to secure home field advantage.

From what I've seen from this Cowboy bunch, if they get behind by 10 or more they mail it in. When New Orleans gets behind, they claw back with a vengence. New Orleans has faced being behind, and I thought they were going to get beat by Miami. They're playing some good football, and they're going to give everything they've got. The Cowboys wilt under a lead by the other team.

The Cowboys better get ready, and they need to prove that they can handle a hostile environment this Sunday. Dallas is New Orleans only contest, unless they decide to rest up the last two weeks to prevent injuries. I think they want to secure home field advantage.

Yeah, but some of those come backs were to teams inferior to Dallas, IMO. May not happen against the Dallas D ifin the Boys get a big lead early.

Yeah, but some of those come backs were to teams inferior to Dallas, IMO. May not happen against the Dallas D ifin the Boys get a big lead early.

You have to gain your confidence somehow. The Saints have gained that confidence. This will be a game of 4 quarters of knock down, drag out turf war in the Dome. This is home turf for the Saints, if you think that the Aint's are going to let Dallas come in and urinate on their flagpole, you're wrong. This game is going to test both teams, and if Dallas fly's into Naw Leans like they did in Green Bay, you'd better believe the Saints are going to treat them like Marie Antoinette.

Then everyone in Dallas and East Texas, will be saying LIB MR Saints.

You have to gain your confidence somehow. The Saints have gained that confidence. This will be a game of 4 quarters of knock down, drag out turf war in the Dome. This is home turf for the Saints, if you think that the Aint's are going to let Dallas come in and urinate on their flagpole, you're wrong. This game is going to test both teams, and if Dallas fly's into Naw Leans like they did in Green Bay, you'd better believe the Saints are going to treat them like Marie Antoinette.

Then everyone in Dallas and East Texas, will be saying LIB MR Saints.

No doubting the confidence of the Saints. No doubting that it will be tough to win in the Dome...always is. Just saying the Dallas D may be a little better than the Saints have faced this year so far. Will Dallas come out with a win? Hope so, but they will have to play their best game, in all three phases, of the year to do so.

It's December time for choking to begin. Saints in a blowout.

Gotta love the media!

You know who has the same record as the Cowboys in December over the last three years? New York Giants.

The Cowboys went 2-2 in December in 2007. The reason they didn't go 3-2 is because one of their games came on November 30th.

I know this is a Saints thread. I think Saints/Cowboys could be close. Just keeping the facts straight.