State Semifinals: Longview vs Denton Guyer

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (13-1) vs Denton Guyer Wildcats (13-1)  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Guyer in a close one
    • Denton Guyer in a blow out

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a couple of sluggish offensive outings, the Lobos have now got in the groove and looked like they were firing on all cylinders for most of the Wax game. I'm very excited about the matchup this weekend, and I gained a great deal of confidence in this group based on that performance. As much trash as was talked, and despite all the naysayers predicting an Indians victory, the truth of the matter is that was a VERY GOOD Waxahachie team Longview just dismantled.

Saturday night was the first time in a while when you could see the Lobos playing excited, fast, fearless, and with the emotion we are used to. You could see the return of the "swagger" on both sides of the ball. I know the football purists give Tyler a hard time about strutting back to the huddle after a big play, but that's who we are! When Addy makes a big hit and knocks the QB out of the game and gets fired up...it ought to fire you up too. That intensity plays a big part in how we perform and everyone feeds off it.

I really want to give Coach King BIG kudos on not letting up on them and putting that final nail in the Waxahachie coffin. On the way back to Longview, I thought to myself that in times past King would have pulled Aaron, and took a knee at that point in the game. I think he continued driving to send a message to the players, Lobo Nation, Waxahachie, and the Denton Guyer scouts, fans and everyone else in attendance. The message was loud and clear. WE ARE LONGVIEW. WE DON'T GIVE A #### HOW BIG YOU ARE, HOW FAST YOU ARE, OR HOW MANY GAMES YOU'VE WON. WE ARE ON A MISSION, AND IF YOU GET IN OUR WAY WE ARE GOING TO MUDHOLE YOUR BUTT UNTIL IT'S TIME TO HOIST UP THAT TROPHY!!!

Lobo Nation is behind this team, and we will be there Saturday night in OUR bleachers cheering these boys on for 4 quarters. I guarantee you there were ALOT of Denton fans in the crowd, and alot of Denton fans listening via radio/internet. The folks in the DFW area thought Waxahachie was unstoppable, and I'm sure they got the message loud and clear. BRING ON GUYER!!

I don't know anyone in dfw that that wax would win. believe it or not, but the world isn't how to get longview or looks down on longview

I don't know anyone in dfw that that wax would win. believe it or not, but the world isn't how to get longview or looks down on longview

Dude...I don't know what rock you've been hiding under for the last few weeks, but it is common knowledge that there were ALOT of experts, newswriters, and fans in the Metroplex who had Waxahachie advancing over Longview. Whether it was due to the previous weeks mediocre performance, comparing common opponents, or simply underestimating our ability to match Wax's speed. Doesn't matter, like I said, the message was sent loud and clear. ;)

Glad to hear that you don't know of anyone in the dfw that didn't think Longview would beat Waxahachie, but 5 out of 6 people from dmn figured we would lose. And plenty of other people in the area. I guess you dont know that many people. The fact of the matter is that we get slighted alot. But I like it that way. Its a huge suprise to the dfw whenever we show there teams up. So lets baffle them this week again.

Glad to hear that you don't know of anyone in the dfw that didn't think Longview would beat Waxahachie, but 5 out of 6 people in from dmn figured we would lose. And plenty of other people in the area. I guess you dont know that many people. The fact of the matter is that we get slighted alot. But I like it that way. Its a huge suprise to the dfw whenever we show there teams up. So lets baffle them this week again.

Get slighted? No more than the metroplex gets slighted by east texans. Reading this website noone outside of east texas has the ability to win a state title, play defense, break a 5.0 in the 40 or know what the game is about. amazing how little respect the rest of the state gets.

Get slighted? No more than the metroplex gets slighted by east texans. Reading this website noone outside of east texas has the ability to win a state title, play defense, break a 5.0 in the 40 or know what the game is about. amazing how little respect the rest of the state gets.

How can we slight the metroplex when all we hear from the states major media outlets are how good your teams are. all year long we heard how great Ceder hill, Allen, Waxahachie, Skyline, DeSoto, etc. where are they now? I'm not knocking those schools but, why is Eastexas never given credit. One of the best stories of the year Tyler Lee 3-7 went 3 rounds deep and lost their final game by 6 points. Why isn't that talked about. Says something about ET.

this team is very pumped...i have a feeling this could be one of their best games this season for the simple fact that they see the state game (and title) in their grasp, and that when they play hard, with passion, and for a purpose their natural ability shines through. they definitely aren't looking over this game even though they are hoping for a lake travis rematch, but they are seeing this game as a major step stone that will get them to the top....this week is going slow!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQX1fdqpYmM

awesome video made by a young man from lhs of the lobo's season so far...pretty sure it will get the slightest lobo fan pumped...and make you feel like this week is going by entirely too slow lol. hope you guys enjoy it though.

Great video.

Makes Saturday get here even slower.

We need someone from Guyer on here ready to talk some smack, that's the problem.

I'm from Denton but I'm sorry I cant talk smack to you. I'm a fan of the other Denton school plus I grew up in East texas so I'm pulling for Longview. I was at both games of Ryan and Guyer and I can tell you Longview wins this game easy if they do not turn the ball over. The 5 picks, 3 missed extra points and one missed field goal by Ryans did them in other wise it would have been another 3 touchdown win. Guyer is a three man team. Walsh and Wilhite on offense and Bible on defense. I'm sure someone has already looked at Walsh and Wilhites stats but they make up about 90% of Guyers offensive plays. If you shut down the running game then Guyer is a duck on the pond.

I'm from Denton but I'm sorry I cant talk smack to you. I'm a fan of the other Denton school plus I grew up in East texas so I'm pulling for Longview. I was at both games of Ryan and Guyer and I can tell you Longview wins this game easy if they do not turn the ball over. The 5 picks, 3 missed extra points and one missed field goal by Ryans did them in other wise it would have been another 3 touchdown win. Guyer is a three man team. Walsh and Wilhite on offense and Bible on defense. I'm sure someone has already looked at Walsh and Wilhites stats but they make up about 90% of Guyers offensive plays. If you shut down the running game then Guyer is a duck on the pond.

Ok, Just tell your friends where we are.