State Semifinals: Longview vs Denton Guyer

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (13-1) vs Denton Guyer Wildcats (13-1)  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Guyer in a close one
    • Denton Guyer in a blow out

i watched the first Guyer/Ryan game and was impressed with Guyer...the one thing that I did notice is that they did not have as much speed as I remember on defense...if the Lobos will take away the run like they did against Wax, I like our chances...

gonna have to play disciplined ball...

just play wilhite and walsh...alot of zone read and walsh likes to keep it...even if its not there. wilhite is the most explosive player on that team though

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves here, but just FYI:

I'm hearing if Longview and Lake Travis both advance and choose a true neutral site, they will likely play the title game in Houston at Reliant Stadium.

If Guyer and Lake Travis win, I'm hearing the likely state final site will be at Floyd Casey in Waco, with the possibility they could also play at Reliant.

If Longview and Pearland Dawson both win, I'm not sure where they would play...possibly Reliant (although Pearland is much closer to Houston than Longview). Unsure of the Guyer/Pearland matchup location.

Cowboys Stadium is unavailable due to the Texas vs North Carolina basketball game.

I guess that we will never learn...don't play LT in a stadium that will give them perfect weather conditions...

Don't play so far away that your boys can't sleep in their bed the night before...

WE WILL NEVER LEARN!!!!

Guest surfsup
I guess that we will never learn...don't play LT in a stadium that will give them perfect weather conditions...

Don't play so far away that your boys can't sleep in their bed the night before...

WE WILL NEVER LEARN!!!!

If it is a 7:30 start couldn't they still sleep in their own beds?

Walsh was phenomenal last year running the football, I can't remember him passing although I'm sure it happened. But he was very effective with the zone read play. It was scary watching him pull it and get at least 5-6 yds. multiple times. I didn't know if we were ever going to stop it. Should be a great game as it was last year. I LOVED coach King coming out and on the first play bombing it deep to Carey. I'm gonna go with the homer pick and say Longview 35-34...Guyer goes for two for the win and falls short.

We know what to expect from Guyer. There's no doubt Walsh will run and run alot. There back Wilhite ran for over 200 yards on saturday so keeping them in check is key. I'm confident our coaches will have the boys ready. I'll take 3 quarters like our players gave the other night any day. All 4 quarters would be greatly appreciated though. Im going to have to get on some blood pressure meds just for the games....

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves here, but just FYI:

I'm hearing if Longview and Lake Travis both advance and choose a true neutral site, they will likely play the title game in Houston at Reliant Stadium.

If Guyer and Lake Travis win, I'm hearing the likely state final site will be at Floyd Casey in Waco, with the possibility they could also play at Reliant.

If Longview and Pearland Dawson both win, I'm not sure where they would play...possibly Reliant (although Pearland is much closer to Houston than Longview). Unsure of the Guyer/Pearland matchup location.

Cowboys Stadium is unavailable due to the Texas vs North Carolina basketball game.

Aggie2008:

If the Lobo's do play Pearland Dawson then hopefully that game will be played in the Alamo Dome in San Antonio since Pearland is on the outskirts of Houston. San Antonio would make more since.

Rumor has it that during the Wax game people were saying that the state game will be played in San Antonio Alamodome. Hopefully either game would be a night game. First Lobo's must win Saturday Night against Denton Guyer.

i've seen guyer 3 times this season...their BEST part of their team is the D line...and not just bible. number 48 is dirty (by that i mean very agressive, hard nosed kid). and their middle linebacker 52 is very good also. (anyone from denton able to tell me why he did not start against Ryan? guyer can't throw the ball. longview has seen better offenses. whilhite should be the first option for guyer. he is a ladanian tomlinson type runner...i'd rather chase down walsh, however walsh is very good at the zone read. HOWEVER, Walsh DOES NOT cover the inside point of the ball. he fumbles. he "fumbled" 3 times against Ryan, but all three times he was ruled down...one time i was very very questionable.

to guyer fans...longviews D is bigger and just as fast as denton ryans defense. the offense isn't one demenional like ryan. the ryan coach wants young to get the single season TD record so bad that he had him throwing in the fourth quarter in a game that ryan won 60 something to 21. but back to guyer, they run the ball very well, but their line isn't great. overall, longview should win this game by 17

The Terry kid #52 is a monster indeed, I know he was held out of one of the playoff games due to a neck stinger. FWIW...our defense is bigger than Ryans, and to say we are "just as fast" as Ryan's is a HUGE understatement. We will be the fastest, most physical defense and team they have seen all year.

It is my understanding that the 5A games that were scheduled for Reliant, have been moved to the Alamodome. The Texans were playing at Reliant on the 20th and they do not allow games on the weekend they are playing. This is what I heard from my Houston connections. I was going to go down that weekend and watch the games.

Yes, Longview is going to try to play in Houston if they win this week. The Texans have a road game @St. Louis on the 20th and the 5A games were rotated to San Antonio (making the Alamodome unavailable) by the UIL out of fairness to the non-Houston teams.

On that note, let's NOT talk about the finals until this weekend is done...no sense doing so. I believe in setting yourself up for disappointment and I don't want any of these guys thinking about the finals until late Saturday night. Guyer is too good of a team to overlook like that.

Yes, Longview is going to try to play in Houston if they win this week. The Texans have a road game @St. Louis on the 20th and the 5A games were rotated to San Antonio (making the Alamodome unavailable) by the UIL out of fairness to the non-Houston teams.

On that note, let's NOT talk about the finals until this weekend is done...no sense doing so. I believe in setting yourself up for disappointment and I don't want any of these guys thinking about the finals until late Saturday night. Guyer is too good of a team to overlook like that.

We should only talk about Guyer nothings a given. Guyer is out for blood against us. The players and even fans should stick to this week only. Were to far into this thing to end up on the outside looking in, because we underestimated a worthy opponent. That being said lets Thrash the Wildcats!!!!! :thumbsup:

The Terry kid #52 is a monster indeed, I know he was held out of one of the playoff games due to a neck stinger. FWIW...our defense is bigger than Ryans, and to say we are "just as fast" as Ryan's is a HUGE understatement. We will be the fastest, most physical defense and team they have seen all year.

oh longviews D is definately bigger...but they are JUST AS FAST...but you are much more physical...ryans defense relied on nothing but speed on defense. there was little size. longviews defense is better than anything guyer has seen...like you said.

Can we get back to discussing this important game? I think we all love the Lobos and know the importance of this weeks game. I love the way the the community got behind the kids last year and I love the buzz around town today. I hope there will be much more support for them this year than last. Let Denton know how Longview supports the Lobos! BE LOUD AND PROUD!!!!

they did not lead for 3 quarters in that game last year. longview gave up lead in 3rd quarter. i hope longview pounds this team into the ground! i believe they will!

After every quarter...they had the lead.....except for the one that counted.

After a couple of sluggish offensive outings, the Lobos have now got in the groove and looked like they were firing on all cylinders for most of the Wax game. I'm very excited about the matchup this weekend, and I gained a great deal of confidence in this group based on that performance. As much trash as was talked, and despite all the naysayers predicting an Indians victory, the truth of the matter is that was a VERY GOOD Waxahachie team Longview just dismantled.

Saturday night was the first time in a while when you could see the Lobos playing excited, fast, fearless, and with the emotion we are used to. You could see the return of the "swagger" on both sides of the ball. I know the football purists give Tyler a hard time about strutting back to the huddle after a big play, but that's who we are! When Addy makes a big hit and knocks the QB out of the game and gets fired up...it ought to fire you up too. That intensity plays a big part in how we perform and everyone feeds off it.

I really want to give Coach King BIG kudos on not letting up on them and putting that final nail in the Waxahachie coffin. On the way back to Longview, I thought to myself that in times past King would have pulled Aaron, and took a knee at that point in the game. I think he continued driving to send a message to the players, Lobo Nation, Waxahachie, and the Denton Guyer scouts, fans and everyone else in attendance. The message was loud and clear. WE ARE LONGVIEW. WE DON'T GIVE A #### HOW BIG YOU ARE, HOW FAST YOU ARE, OR HOW MANY GAMES YOU'VE WON. WE ARE ON A MISSION, AND IF YOU GET IN OUR WAY WE ARE GOING TO MUDHOLE YOUR BUTT UNTIL IT'S TIME TO HOIST UP THAT TROPHY!!!

Lobo Nation is behind this team, and we will be there Saturday night in OUR bleachers cheering these boys on for 4 quarters. I guarantee you there were ALOT of Denton fans in the crowd, and alot of Denton fans listening via radio/internet. The folks in the DFW area thought Waxahachie was unstoppable, and I'm sure they got the message loud and clear. BRING ON GUYER!!