State Semifinals: Longview vs Denton Guyer

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (13-1) vs Denton Guyer Wildcats (13-1)  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Guyer in a close one
    • Denton Guyer in a blow out

It's funny how you guys are trying to put some artificial chips on your shoulders. You are not surprising anyone in DFW. EVERYONE here knows you're good. You were always competitive in 5A and EVERYONE knew you'd be a force in 4A. Actually, I think you underachieved by losing to Lake Travis, but that's just my opinion. You guys are never the underdog, even against Waxahachie. You have been ranked higher all year. Who cares what the DMN says? Oh, it's good that they are wrong, because I think they ALL picked you guys this week. Hopefully they will continue their trend.

Artificial chip on our shoulders? After losing 48-23, the worst loss in the John King era, you don't think our team has been playing with a chip on their shoulders all year? The DMN picks against us every week (except this one), and you wonder why we feel like we're underestimated? Yeah, we're ranked higher, we are the favorites vs Guyer (except apparently someone needs to tell your players and coaches that because they say that they aren't the underdogs.... I guess whatever delusions they can live under are good...)

We haven't been ranked higher than Guyer all year. After our loss to Lufkin, we were #6 in the state when we played #4 Sulphur Springs. I know that at that time Guyer was #2. And how is it underachieving to lose to the #3 team in the nation?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest surfsup
Longview is not faster than Newman-Smith, about the same and your front is not more physical than they are, about the same. Guyer has already faced them and had a 31-7 lead at half time before having to hang on for the win. It's going to be a dog fight, or should I say cat fight?

By the way, #52 was held out for disciplinary reasons, not a neck stinger. That showed a lot of intestinal fortitude by the Guyer coaching staff.

You think a 31-7 halftime lead in Week 0 is in any way relevant to what happened in the third week of the playoffs?

You will find out how physical we are tomorrow.

I'm just glad Dentonite is on you guys' side. I don't think he's really a Tyler guy or he'd hate you guys just like I do, a Marshallite. He is not a true East Texan or he'd be rooting for anyone to beat Longview. Most of you football savey guys realize he or she (maybe) is an idiot. "7 or 8 guys in coverage", please. The coverage was 80% man to man. They doubled the slot guy a lot, but that's it. "Every receiver was double-covered". What do you say to that? We all know that's impossible.

She also wants to change your offense to the Wildcat, like you need to do that to beat us. I've watched two of your games and haven't seen you run the "Wildcat". Give me a break! What a dumb football blogger.

JW doesn't normally turn the ball over. I don't know what he was doing Saturday. He knows if he does that we won't win. I did see you guys turn it over several times against Allen. That would be helpful.

Really? I mean, I don't hate Marshall, I don't hate John Tyler. Lufkin and Lee, I dislike.

Dunno about any of the double coverage and whatnot because I didn't see the game.

Have you ever seen Longview's offense? To be a Wildcat formation, the QB doesn't have to line up at receiver with the runningback taking a direct snap. It has to do more with the plays that are run out of it, and Longview runs quite a few of them. We just don't see the need to put our RB in when our QB is as good a runner.

And yeah.... We turned the ball over a few times against Allen. We also turned it over against Hachie. The only time it really hurt us beyond recovery was against Lufkin.

I'm just glad Dentonite is on you guys' side. I don't think he's really a Tyler guy or he'd hate you guys just like I do, a Marshallite. He is not a true East Texan or he'd be rooting for anyone to beat Longview.

Marshall peeps hate us? Besides the week we play them, I know several Mav fans that cheer for us to do well...just the same as I cheer for them to do well. I definitely would cheer for Marshall over someone else in our district.

Longview is not faster than Newman-Smith, about the same and your front is not more physical than they are, about the same. Guyer has already faced them and had a 31-7 lead at half time before having to hang on for the win. It's going to be a dog fight, or should I say cat fight?

By the way, #52 was held out for disciplinary reasons, not a neck stinger. That showed a lot of intestinal fortitude by the Guyer coaching staff.

Uh, Highland Park also beat the bricks out of Newman-Smith by like 3 TDs (Guyer squeaked out a win). And Hachie beat HP by two TDs. How'd that work out for Waxahachie?

And yes, taking a player out IS a great move by any coach. Our coach sat out our starting RB and starting FB against Sulphur Springs when they were ranked #4 and we were ranked #6 (since apparently that made us an underdog in your book).

i believe he played in the 1st half...he just didn't start.

jeffjam...you must be jokeing. guyer might have the best D line in the state, but their run game is not as good as LV and their secondary isn't that good either...they DID pick off scotty young 4 times, but they were able to rush 4 and drop 7 all night and still pressure young just enough. not to mention their stud reciever bud sasser dropped 4 ####. (2 of which might not of been his fault)

guyers o line is tall but kinda thin. LV should be able to break into the backfield rather easily. this game should be something like:

Longview Lobos-39

Guyer Wildcats-17

(will be much worse if guyer punts like they did against Ryan)

#52 DID NOT PLAY MIDDLE LINEBACKER UNTIL THE MIDDLE OF THE 3RD QUARTER. HE WAS IN ON A PUNT RETURN PRIOR TO THAT, BUT NOT DEFENSE. JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.

Why would I eat crow? I didn't say anything that resembled a prediction. I even leaned toward you guys beating us. You must be looking for something.

We are. We've been incredibly bored with ourselves this past week.

You think a 31-7 halftime lead in Week 0 is in any way relevant to what happened in the third week of the playoffs?

You will find out how physical we are tomorrow.

What the heck? I didn't say you guys aren't physical, but I think you'd agree. Smith was very physical and very athletic. We already played them. That's all I'm saying. Everyone knows how physical and fast you guys are. Again, remove the artificial chip from your shoulder.

Artificial chip on our shoulders? After losing 48-23, the worst loss in the John King era, you don't think our team has been playing with a chip on their shoulders all year? The DMN picks against us every week (except this one), and you wonder why we feel like we're underestimated? Yeah, we're ranked higher, we are the favorites vs Guyer (except apparently someone needs to tell your players and coaches that because they say that they aren't the underdogs.... I guess whatever delusions they can live under are good...)

We haven't been ranked higher than Guyer all year. After our loss to Lufkin, we were #6 in the state when we played #4 Sulphur Springs. I know that at that time Guyer was #2. And how is it underachieving to lose to the #3 team in the nation?

Come on man. The DMN rarely even picks y'alls games and I guarantee you that last week against Wax was the first time they picked against you. Please. At least state facts.

Uh, Highland Park also beat the bricks out of Newman-Smith by like 3 TDs (Guyer squeaked out a win). And Hachie beat HP by two TDs. How'd that work out for Waxahachie?

And yes, taking a player out IS a great move by any coach. Our coach sat out our starting RB and starting FB against Sulphur Springs when they were ranked #4 and we were ranked #6 (since apparently that made us an underdog in your book).

Come on man!!! You and I both knew that Sulphur Springs wasn't going to be good this year after losing Rollison, or whatever his name was. I'm not sure what poll you were looking at, but I don't remember seeing them ranked that high. And for the record, when you lost to Lufkin, I thought nothing because that is always possible. Lufkin doesn't fear the Lobo. That's usually a toss-up and doesn't mean anything. You haven't been an underdog in ANY game this year. Please!

I guess that means we have no shot. It's been a great season. Good luck to you guys against Dawson or Lake Travis. We'll just have to try again next year, probably in 5A, even though the numbers came back lower than the cut off for last reorg. I wish we had the speed and the size to match up with you guys, but I guess that's just how it goes. Longview by 30!!!

Come on man. The DMN rarely even picks y'alls games and I guarantee you that last week against Wax was the first time they picked against you. Please. At least state facts.

They picked us to lose to Newman-Smith and Waxahachie. And in previous years Carter, Garland, etc. I never said just this year. They always do, except this time. I guess when he constantly knock out their hopefuls, they get a LITTLE annoyed.

Come on man!!! You and I both knew that Sulphur Springs wasn't going to be good this year after losing Rollison, or whatever his name was. I'm not sure what poll you were looking at, but I don't remember seeing them ranked that high. And for the record, when you lost to Lufkin, I thought nothing because that is always possible. Lufkin doesn't fear the Lobo. That's usually a toss-up and doesn't mean anything. You haven't been an underdog in ANY game this year. Please!

I thought they wouldn't be as good, but they were undefeated at the time and ranked #4 according to the associated press. Thanks for playing, though. And we were dogs against Allen as well. You know, the #1 team in 5A and #8 in the nation?

I guess that means we have no shot. It's been a great season. Good luck to you guys against Dawson or Lake Travis. We'll just have to try again next year, probably in 5A, even though the numbers came back lower than the cut off for last reorg. I wish we had the speed and the size to match up with you guys, but I guess that's just how it goes. Longview by 30!!!

Yeah, since I said that and all, didn't I? Don't go throwing words into my mouth because you're getting your feathers ruffled. I asked how it worked out for Hachie that they beat HP who had demolished Newman-Smith... Since you were the one who brought up Newman-Smith.

Come on man!!! You and I both knew that Sulphur Springs wasn't going to be good this year after losing Rollison, or whatever his name was. I'm not sure what poll you were looking at, but I don't remember seeing them ranked that high.

I didn't agree with it but yep. They moved all the way up to No. 4 before coming to Lobo Stadium.

Yeah, since I said that and all, didn't I? Don't go throwing words into my mouth because you're getting your feathers ruffled. I asked how it worked out for Hachie that they beat HP who had demolished Newman-Smith... Since you were the one who brought up Newman-Smith.

Those metroplex boys get testy real quick, don't they? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They picked us to lose to Newman-Smith and Waxahachie. And in previous years Carter, Garland, etc. I never said just this year. They always do, except this time. I guess when he constantly knock out their hopefuls, they get a LITTLE annoyed.

I thought they wouldn't be as good, but they were undefeated at the time and ranked #4 according to the associated press. Thanks for playing, though. And we were dogs against Allen as well. You know, the #1 team in 5A and #8 in the nation?

Well, I'm not sure what they were ranked, but I won lunch off that game because a buddy of mine wanted to call Allen, "the new Southlake". I tried to tell them they were playing in the pineywoods, but he wouldn't listen, so I let him treat me to lunch.

Oh, I watched that game too, by the way and Allen wasn't really all that good. They had a huge line, but their receivers sucked. If they had Ryan's receivers, you wouldn't have beat them. Not to say Ryan could beat you guys, because I don't think they could, but they have really good receivers and those Allen receivers, with the exception of #21 sucked big time!

Guest jeffjam
You should take up comedy. You should also just stick to the basketball threads.

NO way. Basketball is for girls. You won't find me on that thread. I know LV is a very good team, I just don't think they can contain Guyer, and I think Guyer can contain LV. As assenine as you think my prediction is, thats how much I think yours is, if you think LV can pull it out.

Guest jeffjam
He sent me to pm's this week saying that once SS's season was done he would never come back her again. I wish he would live up to his word.

Was I not to respond to your original pms' to me? And I didn't say that. Finally had to block your stalkin' butt. Next......

When are people going to understand that Longview's win over Allen means absolutely nothing at this point in the season? Guyer's win over Newman Smith is the same way...means nothing. Week Zero and Week One games aren't a true test of either team's ability. Some teams get hot mid-year like Newman Smith. Other teams gradually fade. There's just no way that any of those early games mean anything this week.

Sulphur Springs rolled over and died in the first quarter when we played them. They didn't want any and were ready to go home. They apparently hit their stride the next week and trucked fairly deep into the playoffs.

At this point of the year EVERYONE you play is VERY good and there are NO gimmies. No one can say one team is tougher or faster or better, because we really don't know yet. Each team has to show up ready to play. Guyer is a fantastic team that is very well coached. Longview is the same way. No one is favored in this one because there's no telling what might happen. All you can tell the guys on the field to do is play hard every single second of every single down and don't let up. If they can do that, they have a much better shot at winning the day. If they don't, they'll get beat. Pretty simple.