State Semifinals: Longview vs Denton Guyer

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (13-1) vs Denton Guyer Wildcats (13-1)  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Guyer in a close one
    • Denton Guyer in a blow out

All you ever hear about is all the size, speed and strength LV has..."You've never seen anything like it before..." blah, blah, blah. LV said all that before the title game last year vs. LT. It was 48-9 when LT put its 2nd D in.

Your offense better score every time you're in the red zone or you lose. You can pile up 400 yards running between the 20s and never score. I hope Johnson can throw the ball this week...Guyer is tough in the red zone...ask Scotty.

LV by 10

WON'T HAVE TO THROW WHEN LONGVIEW RUNS IT DOWN GUYERS THROAT LIKE LAST YEAR! LONGVIEW IS GETTING BETTER EACH WEEK. TRY AND STOP THE RUN, GO AHEAD! watch out tomorrow, surprises are comming!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WON'T HAVE TO THROW WHEN LONGVIEW RUNS IT DOWN GUYERS THROAT LIKE LAST YEAR! LONGVIEW IS GETTING BETTER EACH WEEK. TRY AND STOP THE RUN, GO AHEAD! watch out tomorrow, surprises are comming!

Didn't get to go to last game, but watched the replay on cable last night. All I could say was "WOW", looked like the Wax defense was running in slow motion, they were no match for the LV offensive speed.

All you ever hear about is all the size, speed and strength LV has..."You've never seen anything like it before..." blah, blah, blah. LV said all that before the title game last year vs. LT. It was 48-9 when LT put its 2nd D in.

Your offense better score every time you're in the red zone or you lose. You can pile up 400 yards running between the 20s and never score. I hope Johnson can throw the ball this week...Guyer is tough in the red zone...ask Scotty.

LV by 10

Beat Guyer last year by double digits and scored so often from so far out we didn't see the red zone much. Guyer better hope they can stop our BIG PLAYS or they won't have to worry about their red zone defense. Let Lake Travis speak for themselves since they are not the opponent this week. For what it's worth, they didn't beat us due to having more speed anyway. They had the best QB in the country and they were the best team in Texas that day, plain and simple.

Longview is a nasty, nasty, mean bunch. Bring that finesse metroplex style of play to Kincaide and we will hurt you....ask the entire Waxahachie backfield. ;)

Beat Guyer last year by double digits and scored so often from so far out we didn't see the red zone much. Guyer better hope they can stop our BIG PLAYS or they won't have to worry about their red zone defense. Let Lake Travis speak for themselves since they are not the opponent this week. For what it's worth, they didn't beat us due to having more speed anyway. They had the best QB in the country and they were the best team in Texas that day, plain and simple.

Longview is a nasty, nasty, mean bunch. Bring that finesse metroplex style of play to Kincaide and we will hurt you....ask the entire Waxahachie backfield. ;)

Guyer will force everything inside, between the tackles and those BIG PLAYS are going to be limited. The linebackers and d backs are physical enough to slow the running game. You WILL be in the red zone and you WILL meet your biggest test this year. My prediction...if LV turns the ball over more than once...they lose.

I pray that everyone travels safely to the game and returns in the same manner. I know our boys will give thier all today and represent our community in a grand fashion as always. A big storm is heading west on I-20 today and its green, loud and moving fast. Guyers in the middle of the road and about to be swept away! The after affects will be ringing in thier ears for months all over again.

GO LOBOS!!!!!!

Guyer will force everything inside, between the tackles and those BIG PLAYS are going to be limited. The linebackers and d backs are physical enough to slow the running game. You WILL be in the red zone and you WILL meet your biggest test this year. My prediction...if LV turns the ball over more than once...they lose.

Going to force everything inside ehh?? :icon_neutral: Plays right into our hands if you ask me. We specialize in running between the tackles, we just have the speed and athleticism to bounce it to the outside once we break the line of scrimmage. Guyer is a great team, and I am not taking them lightly at all. I will however say that it is one thing to say you are going to stop Longview's running game. It's another thing to DO it.

good luck lobos!!! you are the last piece of 13-4A left standing. you have already represented this district well and we are all proud of what you have already accomplished. every team in this district is better because of the Lobos, whether some of us like to admit it or not.

We go for 485 yards on the ground and your all-everything D-Tackle was outshined by Longview's D-Tackle #92 Bubba Vactor. As I said earlier...it's one thing to say you are going to stop Longview's running game. It's another thing to DO it! :sleeping: Bring on Travis.

Great job Lobo's and good luck next week! I was a little off on my prediction but not by much I had it 42-21. I have been trying to tell people in Denton all week that "SPEED" kills. For those people (snarlysnobcat)that doubt my East Texas heritage I was born at Mother Frances Hospital in Tyler (as East Texas Medical Center did not deliever babies back then). My mother graduated from JT and my father graduated from White Oak. My grandad was a roughnecker in the Kilgore oil fields.

The best thing about the game last night was that Guyer only had success on big plays, which is fine because they have a few big time players. On the play to play execution, Longview was able to hold them in check. That's a good sign for next week. I'm hoping we can do the same thing with Lake Travis. They're going to make a few big plays obviously, but if we can keep them from marching like we did against Guyer and Hachie, we have a decent chance.