Can Colt Win?

JustAFan11

I have said many times that Colt McCoy is a cool customer, and a winner. I will be very happy to see him and Jordan Shipley depart the 40 acres.

Having said that, I thought that it was an amazing thing that Coltina almost threw that game away. He seemed to have no concern for time on the last play.

Again, if Suh hadn't closed on him so quickly I'm certain he would have taken another step or two toward the sideline before he threw the ball away...game over. If you see the last play again, watch how Colt is moving toward the sideline at a steady, moderate pace when Suh comes at him like a shot and he throws the ball away. So many ways for Texas to get weird breaks this year. Suh's speed and intensity probably saved the one second on the clock. __________________

After the game, Mack Brown said it was McCoy's "Heisman moment." I kid you not.

So you don't want Sherman working for his players whenever possible? Face it, you don't like Mack Brown because he is at Texas, but if he became the A&M coach after Slocum and was able to do the things he has done at UT, you would be a Mack Brown fan.

i could see colt slipping in the heisman voting if he was missing passes all night while having plenty of time to throw. the kid was running for his life all night long. i saw one bad pass that ended in a pick. the other two were a batted ball and a sensational play by the db taking the ball away from the reciever. i understand they still count against colt, but hardly his fault. all the UT haters in the world will want ingram to win it. the same ingram that has struggled in big games this year as well. he also has a great backup that gives him a breather much of the game. colt is there until the game has been decided, every play. if florida had won yesterday and ingram had the day that he had, people would be calling for a tebow heisman. florida fell behind and their offense is not the type to come from behind and they lost. no one today is talking tebow. now it's ingram, suh(sp), and then maybe mccoy. hopefully the voters will get their heads out and view the entire season, not just yesterday.

So you don't want Sherman working for his players whenever possible? Face it, you don't like Mack Brown because he is at Texas, but if he became the A&M coach after Slocum and was able to do the things he has done at UT, you would be a Mack Brown fan.

I don't have anything against Mack Brown...I just think it is hilarious that he's so out-there in terms of trying to spin absolutely everything into a positive...when his quarterback played not so well, got fortunate with two late penalty gifts by Nebraska and almost blew the game on a bonehead play he calls it a "Heisman moment." He's the Joel Osteen of college coaches, and its been that way for a long time. Ivan Maisel wrote on ESPN.com today that "Texas coach Mack Brown spins so well that if he owned ice skates, he'd be favored to medal in Vancouver."

Honestly, I think Suh should win the Heisman...but the Heisman, sadly, has turned into the Nobel Peace Prize of college football. People win it by having sexy names and playing on good teams and not because they necessarily are the "most outstanding" player in college football.

i could see colt slipping in the heisman voting if he was missing passes all night while having plenty of time to throw. the kid was running for his life all night long. i saw one bad pass that ended in a pick. the other two were a batted ball and a sensational play by the db taking the ball away from the reciever. i understand they still count against colt, but hardly his fault. all the UT haters in the world will want ingram to win it. the same ingram that has struggled in big games this year as well. he also has a great backup that gives him a breather much of the game. colt is there until the game has been decided, every play. if florida had won yesterday and ingram had the day that he had, people would be calling for a tebow heisman. florida fell behind and their offense is not the type to come from behind and they lost. no one today is talking tebow. now it's ingram, suh(sp), and then maybe mccoy. hopefully the voters will get their heads out and view the entire season, not just yesterday.

I would say give it to Colt before Tebow even with a win...And to be honest i think Gerharts numbers are better than anyones. !700+ yards and 26 rushing tds...Ingram only has 14 i think. But since apparently you have to be undefeated ill take Ingram. Colt made his statement against A&M. If he followed up with a big day today it was a lock IMO. But the entire offense as well as Colt did not get it done last night. Great game last night by Nebraska. But the Heisman is suppost to be for the most dominant player with the best season and biggest game breaking ability. Last night Colt was all but that. People lose sight of the fact of how good Texas is on Defense and as a team as a whole. COlt is a very good QB, but i havent seen him put his team on his shoulders and take a win at all this season. Last night was a night when the offense struggled and he needed to earn his Heisman and championship....I didnt see either from College footballs most winningest QB last night. Send a cake to Nebraska kicker and the kid who made the horse collar.

I really do not believe that anyone should have won or lost the Heisman yesterday because of one game. If the Heisman voters are casting their ballot today based on yesterdays performances, they need to be blackballed as a voter. This award is about the best player of the year...not player of the game.

I really do not believe that anyone should have won or lost the Heisman yesterday because of one game. If the Heisman voters are casting their ballot today based on yesterdays performances, they need to be blackballed as a voter. This award is about the best player of the year...not player of the game.

I agree...But its not that way im afraid. I still would like to see Gerhart.

VY would have made Nebraska defense pay. Face it Colt is not player VY was. This yr. there aren't any srtong candidates for Heisman. Not like a Reggie Bush, Matt Lienhart as pposition Vince HAD. if Colt would have not had bad nite against Nebraska he would have won but not that impreesive.

VY would have made Nebraska defense pay. Face it Colt is not player VY was. This yr. there aren't any srtong candidates for Heisman. Not like a Reggie Bush, Matt Lienhart as pposition Vince HAD. if Colt would have not had bad nite against Nebraska he would have won but not that impreesive.

As mangled as that statement is, I think i still understand what your saying...

But Vince Young has nothing to do with this. Fact of the matter is that last night was Colt's chance to prove that he deserved the heisman, if he had decimated Nebraska the way he did A&M, the I probably would have shut up with my doubts of him, and so would everybody else.

So now the people teasip fans refer to as "longhorn haters" will continue to say McCoy hasn't earned it this year, and teasips will say that he can't earn a heisman on his back.

He could still win it, actually, he probably will win it because the media loves him and its the media who votes on it. Its really pointless to even argue that anybody else deserves it.

nOBODY IS GIVING ANY CREDIT TO nEBRASKAS DEF, HELL THEY MADE THE UT O-LINE LOOK LIKE #### McCoy had to run for his life all nite, but he won the game, Go back 40 yrs and a 13-12 game woulda been fine, 7 -0 games were of the norm in championships, why now must it be 39 to 25 or so?

We lost. That's what happens when you have to rebuild. It's ok though. We will be back next year. I was kinda hoping they woulda went to the sun bowl so I could see them.

They'll be back. Barkley is a stud. Look for Texas to have some growing pains next year with Gilbert at QB.

I don't know about that. I would have to put Oklahoma, Florida, LSU, and Ohio State on that list as well.

texas, usc, florida, and lsu...

ohio state plays in a weak conference and well...we all know OU's story when it comes to the post season

btw...gerhart gets my vote. i also think it would add some credibility back to the ncaa. alot of ppl are starting to see college football like they see the NFL.