Hardin Jefferson Basketball Marathon

CT88

One more game, and Sabine will be back with their full team playing. Byrds loss has made a difference in the last few games.

Way to go Cardinals for pulling togeather.

Go Cardinals :notworthy:

Byrd is a streaky shooter that can really contribute from the perimeter, but I don't think I realized how much he was going to be missed on defence until he was MIA. He blocks a lot of shots and with out him the defence seems to be missing that quickness that Kenna and he himself supplied last year. I'm sure as the year wears on that these guys will get their sea legs under them, but I would like to see someone step up and take the ball inside and not depend so much on the jumper and perimeter shots. I mean we are a talented group of shooters and can win with that alone 99% of the time, but if you move inside consistantly it opens that stuff on the outside up even more. I will admit though, that I have missed a lot of the most recent games so maybe they already are doing just that... I look forward to seeing them play again as soon as possible. Go Cards!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Byrd is a streaky shooter that can really contribute from the perimeter, but I don't think I realized how much he was going to be missed on defence until he was MIA. He blocks a lot of shots and with out of him the defence seems to be missing that quickness that Kenna and he himself supplied last year. I'm sure as the year wears on that these guys will get their sea legs under them, but I would like to see someone step up and take the ball inside and not depend so much on the jumper and perimeter shots. I mean we are a talented group of shooters and can win with that alone 99% of the time, but if you move inside consistantly it opens that stuff on the outside up even more. I will admit though, that I have missed a lot of the most recent games so maybe they already are doing just that... I look forward to seeing them play again as soon as possible. Go Cards!

Byrd can be a tremendous help for us defensively. He gives Sabine that rebound that we sometimes miss. All football season I shuttered each time he ran with the ball fearing a injury. BB season finally gets here and we have this other deal to contend with, problem is he is a smart kid that just did not think it would happen to him. It happened and I really think he understands he let himself and the team down, but all is ok if we learn.. Byrds 3 pt shot can be deadly and like you it is his two point shot that can really open this team up. What little he has played this year I see where he is really working on the two pointer. There are some who say he may even be our best player, well I cannot agree with that but I can say he is difinitely a impact player who we have missed and I do not believe we would have had the 2 looses, if he would have been on the court. Perhaps the losses will be good for us. Lets win the war and talk about the battles later.

Go Cardinals :notworthy:

Kountze beat Bullard 85-81......From what i heard Kountze got a little home cooking.

Um - the term used by one "unbiased" person in the stands was that "Bullard got hosed" by the refs. Two of our players fouled out, two more had 4 fouls. One bucket didn't get put on the books in the 1st half. . .

Kountze pressed the whole game, very agressive, however they had very few fouls.

One ref told my son that he had to tech him because he knew #15 on the Kountze team and he thought #15 was going to punch my son!! The ref actually told my son that to his face!! :banghead: Hum? So my son gets a tech and his 5th foul - for clapping on the court and trying to encourage his team mates!!

There will be complaints filed. :icon_mad:

Um - the term used by one "unbiased" person in the stands was that "Bullard got hosed" by the refs. Two of our players fouled out, two more had 4 fouls. One bucket didn't get put on the books in the 1st half. . .

Kountze pressed the whole game, very agressive, however they had very few fouls.

One ref told my son that he had to tech him because he knew #15 on the Kountze team and he thought #15 was going to punch my son!! The ref actually told my son that to his face!! :banghead: Hum? So my son gets a tech and his 5th foul - for clapping on the court and trying to encourage his team mates!!

There will be complaints filed. :icon_mad:

I thought that was a cheap foul call(tech)....That was the turning point of the game. Bullard looked good.

Crockett beat Anahuac

LMBRTN AND CROCKETT MOVE TO GOLD BRACKETT ON SATURDAY.

CROCKETT HAD BEATEN LUMBERTON PREVIOUSLY 95-91

Gold Schedule:

4:00-Crockett vs. Bullard

5:30-Ktz vs. Lmbrtn

7:00-?

8:30-?

Silver Schedule:

4:00 Anuhuac vs. Valley View

5:30 Vidor vs. Krum

Gold Schedule:

4:00-Crockett vs. Bullard

5:30-Ktz vs. Lmbrtn

Silver Schedule:

4:00 Anuhuac vs. Valley View

5:30 Vidor vs. Krum

Last score was Sabine-57 LCM 46... Not sure if this was final. The time was 12:15 and the game started at 11:00.

Gold Brackets going to be a war. And BTW Sabine is 9-2 on the year with (other than new summerfield tourney) a brutal schedule. For some reason people expect us to blow out every team we play but when you play a great schedule thats not going to happen. Also by the way TK Gorman beat Rusk by 21 points last night and Rusk is ranked in 3a. When TK is on they are tough especially when you play a bad game. All Im saying is chill lol. Byrd will help us obviously but the rest of the team has played their butts off. Byrd mainly helps us cause if you want to play the junk defense Jackson and Byrd see every game like box in ones and triangle and 2's and constant face guarding, he will make you pay. We have 2 complete players already and he will add another dimension. Go Cardinals!!!!

Sabine is 9-2 on the year with (other than new summerfield tourney) a brutal schedule. For some reason people expect us to blow out every team we play but when you play a great schedule thats not going to happen. Also by the way TK Gorman beat Rusk by 21 points last night and Rusk is ranked in 3a. When TK is on they are tough especially when you play a bad game. All Im saying is chill lol. Byrd will help us obviously but the rest of the team has played their butts off.

Good point. I was able to catch the T.K. Gorman vs. Sabine game and was pretty impressed with them (T.K.), even though the Cardinals played their worst game in 3+ years.

I plan to be at the Sabine/PG game tonight. Will try to post an update. Should be a good game. Byrd's first game back in 2 or 3 weeks.