Class 4A Division I State Championship: Lake Travis 24 Longview 17 (Final)

Rhino2K

Longview Lobos (14-1) vs Lake Travis Cavaliers (15-0)  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lake Travis in a close one
    • Lake Travis in a blow out

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year we know we are coming up against a team that is better than us and probably one of the best teams in the whole nation regardless of classification. I think the game will be a little closer because Longview will play their guts out but in the end LT will pull away.

WHO IS WE? Better than us? Man are you really from Longview? Your one of those jump on the band wagon folks that jump off quickly when it gets tough aren't you? Where you at the game Saturday? I bet you said they played great but, LT is waiting on them and there just so great. I wish I could tote there water and towels. :thumbsup: The winner will be decided on the field. The worst thing about saturday that i dread is sitting next to a person that says #### like i new this was going to happen or that. Man do me and the rest of Longview a favor and sit with your Austin buddies :smirk:

This year we know we are coming up against a team that is better than us and probably one of the best teams in the whole nation regardless of classification. I think the game will be a little closer because Longview will play their guts out but in the end LT will pull away.

WHO IS WE? Better than us? Man are you really from Longview? Your one of those jump on the band wagon folks that jump off quickly when it gets tough aren't you? Where you at the game Saturday? I bet you said they played great but, LT is waiting on them and there just so great. I wish I could tote there water and towels. :thumbsup: The winner will be decided on the field. The worst thing about saturday that i dread is sitting next to a person that says #### like i new this was going to happen or that. Man do me and the rest of Longview a favor and sit with your Austin buddies :smirk:

Nah, he's not from Austin. I know him. He graduated from Longview in 98 I believe. Or around there.

Don't try to lump us all together. I've been very consistent in my analysis that the easier the playoff road the better off you'll be down the line. Lake Travis and Longview would be in this game regardless of injures...but imagine if your Cavaliers had to play a team that pounded the ball at you like Cibolo Steele every week to get there? Wouldn't your defense be a little beat up? That's all I'm saying.

And the exchange about "metroplex vs Longview" speed came to fruition. Guyer looked like they were in slow motion as Johnson, Hunt and McCray ran right by them to the end zone. If this game were determined purely by speed on the field Longview would win. LT doesn't win because they out-athlete you, they out scheme you and out execute you on both sides of the ball. LT makes speed irrelevant because they play such fundamentally sound football.

Kinda like the Oakland Raiders of the 90s, right? Always had the fastest, most athletic players on the field...well, you know the rest! Thanks for acknowleding the difference between the two teams.

By the way, there isn't one LT Dback that will be outrun to the end zone by Johnson, Hunt or McCray in this game...count on it.

Hey, look at any film on youtube and for one drive, after McCray got rolling, you'll see it too. In fact, officials flagged you twice for it... Execution was not the difference; the fact that players got hurt was.

If you want specifics, here you go:

4:05 mark of the video Longview vs Lake Travis 1st Quarter Part 1... Riding him to the ground and holding on after

5:28 mark of the video Longview vs Lake Travis 1st Quarter Part 1... Players group tackle, but the one who grabs his ankles holds on well after the whistle

2:40 of the video Longview vs Lake Travis Part 1... Clearly, the player holds onto the QBs ankle as he rolls over... No denying this one

4:50 mark of the video Longview vs Lake Travis 1st Quarter Part 4... Congrats. Your players can throw players down AFTER they give up on the play and have run out of bounds. You got flagged for it too. How embarrassing to be such a classless team.

6:00 mark of the video Longview vs Lake Travis 1st Quarter Part 4... This is where McCray gets injured. He gets tackled and starts to get up but your player jumps on his ankle and others pile on the ball. That's what injured him, not the play.

And that is in the 1st quarter alone. Do you want me to go through all 4 just to prove that you have no clue what you're talking about?

Also, how can you honestly say that the Longview backs didn't want the ball as the game progressed? Do you know what they're thinking? Were you in their heads reading their thoughts? LMAO You're digging yourself deeper with every post, dude. Keep it up.

I see...part of the game plan was to injure LV players. So now LT is a dirty team...

Ask any of the teams we have played if we are a dirty team...you probably see it all over threads that you read, right?

I understand what you are saying, though...there is a reason LT won-cheap shots and bad calls. Hilarious!!!

just do something for everyone that we know you can do....FINISH

F-ight until the 4th quarter buzzer and beyond

I-nstill in yourselves the mindset of a champion

N-ourish your wounds and prepare your bodies for battle

I-ntroduce your foe to a speed unmatched before them on the field

S-tay positive no matter how strong your enemy is or seems to be

H-elp your FRIENDS find strength when they are weak and WIN

for some of you this is your last game! leave your heart on the field and make those cavs remember your names and the number on your jersey!

Good stuff! :highfive:

I see...part of the game plan was to injure LV players. So now LT is a dirty team...

Ask any of the teams we have played if we are a dirty team...you probably see it all over threads that you read, right?

I understand what you are saying, though...there is a reason LT won-cheap shots and bad calls. Hilarious!!!

He didn't say LT only won bc of cheap shots and bad calls. LT was the better team no denying that. But they did play dirty, watch the video at the time he posted and there is no denying that either.

Kinda like the Oakland Raiders of the 90s, right? Always had the fastest, most athletic players on the field...well, you know the rest! Thanks for acknowleding the difference between the two teams.

By the way, there isn't one LT Dback that will be outrun to the end zone by Johnson, Hunt or McCray in this game...count on it.

Oh, I agree, not one LT Dback will be outrun, but all of em....

He didn't say LT only won bc of cheap shots and bad calls. LT was the better team no denying that. But they did play dirty, watch the video at the time he posted and there is no denying that either.

Dude, the day I have time to run through the game film...shoot me!!! So, I'm sure what your saying is that the LT players intentionally meant to injure LV players, right? It's called physical, smashmouth football.

I refuse to watch the whole game to make sure the LV guys were cordial on every play...that's called tennis!!!

Dude, the day I have time to run through the game film...shoot me!!! So, I'm sure what your saying is that the LT players intentionally meant to injure LV players, right? It's called physical, smashmouth football.

I refuse to watch the whole game to make sure the LV guys were cordial on every play...that's called tennis!!!

You don't have to watch the whole game. He provided times for you to access the video for the proof he is providing. Pretty simple I would think.

Smash mouth football is throwing players out of bounds and getting flagged?

Or when a player is getting up crushing his ankle AFTER A PLAY, injuring him for well over a year?

Sure.

You don't have to watch the whole game. Those were incidents in the first quarter alone. I didn't even go any further. And you don't have to watch the entire quarter, either. You can skip to the times in those videos.

This thread looks like the one where us WH fans really really REALLY wanted to beat Longview, but knew deep down it wasnt going to happen.

LOL....You could almost replace all the Whitehouse comments with the Longview ones and they same pretty much the same thing.

Just sayin.

Good Luck Longview

Apples and oranges. I don't know deep down that it won't happen. In fact, I have a funny feeling Longview will win. Longview isn't 3-7 going against a 9-1 team. Longview is 14-1 going against a 15-0 team.

Ask Buster Douglas if he was going to his grave when he had a fight scheduled against an "unbeatable" Mike Tyson. Or a 7 to 1 dog Muhammad Ali if he knew "deep down" he wasn't going to beat Sonny Liston.

Or when a player is getting up crushing his ankle AFTER A PLAY, injuring him for well over a year?

Sure.

You don't have to watch the whole game. Those were incidents in the first quarter alone. I didn't even go any further. And you don't have to watch the entire quarter, either. You can skip to the times in those videos.

:crybaby: Sounds like some are already coming up with excuses!

:crybaby: Sounds like some are already coming up with excuses!

Then I guess you have no reading comprehension skills whatsoever. PLEASE tell me you're just being bitter that Longview humiliated your team and don't believe the statement you just posted....

If I were "already making excuses" about the upcoming game, why would I be taking about last year's game? There's that Whitehouse education of reading comprehension hard at work, huh?

And have you read nothing that has been posted? All I said was that it looked to me like LT players had the slightest malintent and he went all crazy vehemently denying it. So I felt the need to show some proof that it happened (and the officials agreed in a few cases). Not making excuses, just refuting his claim of our players getting hurt because LT played "hard smash-mouth football".

And MOST of all, the whining that came from Whitehouse fans after Longview player didn't "take a knee" was almost legendary and WH will always been known for it now. Congrats. Hope basketball is going well for you!

Sure.

Are we talking about an upcoming football game or the film that you spent over a year, isolating plays that you feel were inappropriate to justify why you lost. Sorry bud, you'll have to fly solo on that one (probably for another year as well).

If you want to talk about the upcoming game, bring it on. Here's my take...LV will get 300 yards rushing. Final score LT 42, LV 14.

I was at the game last year and don't remember a lot of cheap shots by LT. They played tough and physical and we weren't mentally ready to play. McCray was injured on the tackle when the guy fell on his leg from behind, and that is why he let go of the ball as he was going down. We were fortunate to get the ball back. That wasn't a dirty play.

And Hitem, seriously, I know you don't believe it but Longview was a much better team than what showed up in last year's game. We started that game much like our game started against Waxahachie a few weeks ago where we made some really dumb plays and got ourselves out of rhythm. The difference obviously was LT is a MUCH better team than Waxahachie and made us really pay for our silly mistakes. We turned the ball over too much and got out of our gameplan too fast to have a shot at winning that one.

Are we talking about an upcoming football game or the film that you spent over a year, isolating plays that you feel were inappropriate to justify why you lost. Sorry bud, you'll have to fly solo on that one (probably for another year as well).

If you want to talk about the upcoming game, bring it on. Here's my take...LV will get 300 yards rushing. Final score LT 42, LV 14.

Wait, you were the one denying it. I took 15 minutes from my day to rewatch Longview's possessions of the first quarter and post plays that I thought were examples of what I said, what you denied happened.

If you think Longview will get 300 yards rushing and score 14 points (much less allow LT 42... If Longview runs the ball THAT well, they'll control the clock and probably not allow more than 28), I think you're crazy. I honestly wish that Longview could get 300 yards rushing.

I was at the game last year and don't remember a lot of cheap shots by LT. They played tough and physical and we weren't mentally ready to play. McCray was injured on the tackle when the guy fell on his leg from behind, and that is why he let go of the ball as he was going down. We were fortunate to get the ball back. That wasn't a dirty play.

Yeah? I dunno, man. He looked like he was getting to his feet as if nothing were wrong when some players who were "going for the loose ball" landed on his ankle...

This game all depends on which Longview team decides to show up on Saturday. If the team that played the last two weeks shows up then Longview has a shot to win. If the team that played Waco Midway shows up then we will just be doing our part to stimulate Waco's loacl economy. Good Luck Lobos!

If you think Longview will get 300 yards rushing and score 14 points (much less allow LT 42... If Longview runs the ball THAT well, they'll control the clock and probably not allow more than 28), I think you're crazy. I honestly wish that Longview could get 300 yards rushing.

LTs O drives average 2 minutes and convert 3 of 4 times for touchdowns. LVs offense will get the ball alot and roam between the 20s all day. In the red zone they will convert twice.

Make sense genious?