Waskom Final Three

ChampsBreak

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Robert May personally. Good Christian man with an awesome family. Was a GA at Mary Hardin Baylor and in charge of their S&C program. Was with me at Elysian Fields in Coach Patton's first year. Awesome guy with great knowledge, especially in powerlifting and lines, great man who will fight for his kids and just an all around good person. He followed Patton to Rusk and then took the job at Little Elm. Awesome man and when you meet him, you will see the same thing.

Working on Masters

And just to add something about Keeling. I coached with him a few years ago and I know that he did a great job with the recievers. Whenever we would go places other head coaches would ask who coaches yall's WRs cause those guys get after it and know what they are doing.

so who was on the committee?? I tlooks like they already have their man picked out and just threw two others in for the perception of it?

According to some of your other post you have an inside source, if thats true then you know who was on the committee. I would like to know which one is their man.

I know every person on the committee and I don't think they have a man already picked or they wouldn't have given three names, there was only two board member on the committee so the other 6 board members have a vote on three. When you give the SB three to pick from you might have a devided SB. I would think the SB would be given the final three resumes and vote on who their number one would be by ballot and choose that way. Maybe not....

my money would be on jeff the only one with coordinator experience the passing coordinator doesn't count since anyone with knowledge of wildcat football knows the spread was NOT GOOD for us. after hearing the names of all seven candidates you have to wonder how the guy from etbu, Nac, or Tenaha wouldn't be a better option for jeff to compete with in the final three. Wild i understand you and the committee did your best it just looks like from the outside looking in Jeff laner is already the man.

I wasn't on the committee, or I would have went old school...LOL There is a lot of pressure when choosing a coach so I wish all the coaches in the final three the best because I don't know any of them, of course I wouldn't know any, all the coaches I knew have retired.

I think any of these coaches will be able to come into Waskom and make a difference. They definitely can't do any worse than the last one. There is only room for improvement after going 0 and 10, scoring around 50 points, and giving up 360 something. It doesn't get much worse than that, with that said good luck to all three of the coaches.

I think any of these coaches will be able to come into Waskom and make a difference. They definitely can't do any worse than the last one. There is only room for improvement after going 0 and 10, scoring around 50 points, and giving up 360 something. It doesn't get much worse than that, with that said good luck to all three of the coaches.

Dont let cliff what what see you say that...lol. :thumbsup:

Best of luck to the final three.