Waskom Final Three

ChampsBreak

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think any of these coaches will be able to come into Waskom and make a difference. They definitely can't do any worse than the last one. There is only room for improvement after going 0 and 10, scoring around 50 points, and giving up 360 something. It doesn't get much worse than that, with that said good luck to all three of the coaches.

Kids,community,genetics, parents are to blame none?

you cant even put that on the kids...they have to get motivated to play, and not having a coach doing that or building a good program i think is the reason to blame..

that being said, i think keeling would be best for the job. he helped move the pleasant grove offense in scoring the most points ever in school history, and knows what he's talking about on offense defense, and special teams (was a kicker/reciever at kilgore). He has also improved soccer at pleasant grove, and im sure would expand boys and girls soccer into the athletic program.. definantly one of the best coaches ive seen at motivationg players and building a bond with the team and community. i wish the best of luck to him and his family

happy new year mr wetsu....................... :sorcerer: thanks for shaking my hand last night and acting like i was worthy of being in your space..........................you are the greatest................can i call you the g.o.a.t........................can i get a what what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy new year mr wetsu....................... :sorcerer: thanks for shaking my hand last night and acting like i was worthy of being in your space..........................you are the greatest................can i call you the g.o.a.t........................can i get a what what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who do you think i am...I didnt go anywhere or shake anyones hand last night lol.

Keeling has coached my 2 boys for the past 5 years. He will get the kids motivated. He is well liked and respected. It will be our loss. Good luck Keeling.

I second that. He would be sorely missed at PG. He has done a fine job, and made a difference in the young men's lives he has touched. If it is meant to be that he is selected, it will be with heavy heart, but best wishes for him and his family. I am grateful he has been a part of my sons' school experience.

Ok, let me get this straight.

We hired a great man thank you for that; BUT.............. He is a SOCCER COACH???

Great Hire Committee!

I am figuring the football coaches weren't the direction we wanted to go?

Gook Luck Whitney

Just to clarify, head coach of boy's soccer was one position he filled, he was also the receiver coach, and a big help on the kicking game side, even though he wasn't the special teams coach.

Our receivers did an excellent job this year at PG, as shown by the records set this year. I read in a thread he was also a receiver and kicker himself. He has also been under Kevin Davis here for his tenure, and they have put together the best 4 year string of football PG has ever known.

So he is not a soccer coach "Only", don't let that deceive you. He is an outstanding role model and person. Nothing against your committee, but if you want to question their selection, at least wait until you meet the man, rather than being critical of the choice, based on one incomplete bit of data. Because believe me, if you don't want him, We'll take him back in a HEARTBEAT!