ARE THE SAINTS AND COLTS DONE?

We already knew you had low expectations. And yes history has been good for the Cowboys! They will add to their Super Bowls soon enough. Sit back and enjoy!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Romo will never win one in Dallas, and neither will Wade.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, I know you're upset about the the rise and sudden fall of the cowboys. It'll get better.....just give it some time.......and a new coach, QB, OC, owner, etc.

Congrats on the win. But now the real fun begins...

Keeping that team intact.

There are 25 free agents for New Orleans to resign in order to keep that team together...

Here are some of the more "notable" free agents.

RB Mike Bell

RB Pierre Thomas

WR Lance Moore

WR/returner Courtney Roby

TE David Thomas

OL Jahri Evans

OL Jammal Brown

OL Jermon Bushrod

OL Zach Strief

DL Anthony Hargrove

DL Will Smith

LB Scott Fugita

CB Leigh Torrence

SS Roman Harper

SS Pierson Prioleau

FS Darren Sharper

FS Usama Young

Yes, good luck with keeping the team together. Sean Payton gave up money for Greg Williams and Drew Brees gave up money for some players this past season...but now, NOW they are going to want to get paid.

Better hope that Tom Benson breaks open the checkbook because if not, it will be one and done for the Saints. But hey, Dallas isn't looking that bad at all as far as free agents goes AND we have an owner that isn't afraid to open the pocket book.

But hey, as you said, give it some time because it will get better. It only took what? 43 years to get your first one?

There are 25 free agents for New Orleans to resign in order to keep that team together...

RB Mike Bell

RB Pierre Thomas

WR Lance Moore

TE David Thomas

OL Jahri Evans

OL Jammal Brown

OL Jermon Bushrod

OL Zach Strief

DL Anthony Hargrove

DL Will Smith

LB Scott Fugita

CB Leigh Torrence

SS Roman Harper

SS Pierson Prioleau

FS Darren Sharper

FS Usama Young

Yes, good luck with keeping the team together. Sean Payton gave up money for Greg Williams and Drew Brees gave up money for some players this past season...but now, NOW they are going to want to get paid.

Better hope that Tom Benson breaks open the checkbook because if not, it will be one and done for the Saints. But hey, Dallas isn't looking that bad at all as far as free agents goes AND we have an owner that isn't afraid to open the pocket book.

But hey, as you said, give it some time because it will get better. It only took what? 43 years to get your first one?

Like I said in another thread, similarities of the 99 Rams. Won a super bowl, had a couple of good years after it, but look at them now. Enjoy it will you can Aint fans.

I know last nights win for the Saints must be hard on you. If your free agent spill and facts make you feel better, just remember......denial isn't a very good way to cope.

RB Mike Bell

RB Pierre Thomas

WR Lance Moore

TE David Thomas

OL Jahri Evans

OL Jammal Brown

OL Jermon Bushrod

OL Zach Strief

DL Anthony Hargrove

DL Will Smith

LB Scott Fugita

CB Leigh Torrence

SS Roman Harper

SS Pierson Prioleau

FS Darren Sharper

FS Usama Young

Maybe the Government will give them another 60 Billion.

I know last nights win for the Saints must be hard on you. If your free agent spill and facts make you feel better, just remember......denial isn't a very good way to cope.

The only good thing is Saints organization does not have your mentality or logic. They will be struggling and trying to find ways to keep most of these players. It is the teams that are smart enough to keep their nucleus and good support players that continue to win. All teams will have down years and periods of not winning many. But please..... 42 down years???

It wasn't a great Super Bowl, but it wasn't bad. I think the Saints will fall next year, because they've achieved the top. I heard on Colin Cowherd's show that one Saints linebacker said he was going to stay drunk until next year. The Saints have some work to do. Look at what happened to Pittsburgh this year. The Colts have a shot to redeem themselves next year.

I hope it will be the Cowboys vs. Colts for a repeat of Super Bowl V, but the Cowboys have a tough schedule next year.

It wasn't a great Super Bowl, but it wasn't bad. I think the Saints will fall next year, because they've achieved the top. I heard on Colin Cowherd's show that one Saints linebacker said he was going to stay drunk until next year. The Saints have some work to do. Look at what happened to Pittsburgh this year. The Colts have a shot to redeem themselves next year.

I hope it will be the Cowboys vs. Colts for a repeat of Super Bowl V, but the Cowboys have a tough schedule next year.

Toughest schedule in the league if I am not mistaken. Like every year, all teams will be gunning for the Cowboys, especially since the Big One is in North Texas next year.

Actually no, it wasn't very hard on me at all. I sat in with family and friends and watched the Saints come from behind to beat the Colts. As always, there is a difference between you and me...

I am for the Dallas Cowboys first...

NFC second...

The AFC is a distant 15th, just behind paying taxes.

However, as recent memory holds...

alot of teams have one a super bowl, but were unable to repeat. Will the Saints continue that trend? or will they be able to win 3 titles in 4 years? when they can do that, then you can put the Saints on the level of some of the NFL's dynasties.

Until then, congrats on your 1st title in 43 years.

It's the burden of being the NFL's flagship franchise.

I'm not so sure this is accurate anymore. Maybe a decade or so ago this would have been true. I travel a lot, and I don't see as many Cowboys-related ballcaps, shirts, jerseys, ect... as I used to. I noticed that one of the NFL ads on Sunday didn't even include game highlights from the Cowboys. I saw them spotlight the Vikings, Jets, Cardinals, Saints, Colts, Steelers...but not the Cowboys. Flagship franchise......hmmmm :hmm:

Maybe it's a conspiracy!! :zorro:

I'm not so sure this is accurate anymore. Maybe a decade or so ago this would have been true. I travel a lot, and I don't see as many Cowboys-related ballcaps, shirts, jerseys, ect... as I used to. I noticed that one of the NFL ads on Sunday didn't even include game highlights from the Cowboys. I saw them spotlight the Vikings, Jets, Cardinals, Saints, Colts, Steelers...but not the Cowboys. Flagship franchise......hmmmm :hmm:

I disagree. I dislike Dallas as much as anybody that is not a Cowboy fan, but the are the primary franchise in America.

^

You might disagree, but I'm telling you what I've seen, and continue to see.

You can disagree all you want to but the merchandise sales prove otherwise. I travel as well. I am settled in outside of Indianapolis now. I can tell you that Dallas draws almost as much as Indy and Chicago in these towns. I go to the sports bars and Buffalo Wild Wings. No one compares to Dallas. Dallas had more fans than Green Bay on the North side of Chicago. Hmmmm that's interesting since Green Bay is not far from there. You must get out more if you want to experience Dallas fans across the nation.

Merchandise sales is the most readily available objective measure. The figures are available. You can look them up. My statement is still accurate. Your opinion or mine based on what we think we've seen or not seen is irrelevant. Facts are facts. The Cowboys are still the flagship franchise of the NFL.

Merchandise sales is the most readily available objective measure. The figures are available. You can look them up. My statement is still accurate. Your opinion or mine based on what we think we've seen or not seen is irrelevant. Facts are facts. The Cowboys are still the flagship franchise of the NFL.

I agree. The facts are facts. I'm just wondering how long a team can go without making a Superbowl appearance, and still be considered the flagship franchise of the league. Like I stated in another thread, your average high school freshman has never seen the blue and silver darken the tunnels of a Superbowl.

Pop quiz;

What do Cowboys fans and San Francisco 49'er fans have in common (other than five Lombardi trophies)?

I agree. The facts are facts. I'm just wondering how long a team can go without making a Superbowl appearance, and still be considered the flagship franchise of the league. Like I stated in another thread, your average high school freshman has never seen the blue and silver darken the tunnels of a Superbowl.

Pop quiz;

What do Cowboys fans and San Francisco 49'er fans have in common (other than five Lombardi trophies)?

Easy! Proven consistency of putting quality teams on the field.