Texas lost because....

hoops4life

Kept giving the ball to Newton (he has never impressed me) and they did not throw the screen to Goodwin or Monroe... The screen they threw to Goodwin (maybe 3 times)... Is basically a sweep play to a reciever when you dont have a good enough RB to run the Rock!!!

Also... Why did Texas change up the game plan when McCoy went down... Let Gilbert throw the Bubbles, Jailbreaks, and Short Crossing routes like McCoy did all year!!!

Kept giving the ball to Newton (he has never impressed me) and they did not throw the screen to Goodwin or Monroe... The screen they threw to Goodwin (maybe 3 times)... Is basically a sweep play to a reciever when you dont have a good enough RB to run the Rock!!!

Also... Why did Texas change up the game plan when McCoy went down... Let Gilbert throw the Bubbles, Jailbreaks, and Short Crossing routes like McCoy did all year!!!

Why does Newton not impress you? Is he too slow, not elusive, no moves, not big enough, fumbles, weak, can't cut, can't catch?

Why does Newton not impress you? Is he too slow, not elusive, no moves, not big enough, fumbles, weak, can't cut, can't catch?

He does not make people miss... He will Stop in the hole to try to cut... He is not Explosive... He gets tackled way to much on first contact... He cannot break throw an arm tackle... To me he Runs "Friendly"...

Sometimes you gotta pin them ears back and get ahead!!!

Did Gregg Davis play defense?

no...but the 2nd biggest play of the game (first being colt getting hurt) was a rediculous play call by greg davis at the end of the half...btw...third biggest play IMO is probably the most forgotten play...ball at the 1. gilbert sneaks in...TD!!!!!! no wait, false start...settle for 3.

they didnt score when they had the best field position imaginable in the first two drives they had a first and goal from the one and couldnt get it. when your unable to do that then something isnt working right.

bama went for a fake punt and gideon picked it off. it was dumb for bama to try but it would have made saban look like a genius if it worked. so you cant really fault him.

then texas kicked a pooch kick and julio jones just watched it and texas defenders thought to get on the ball unlike the bama kickoff team.

texas cant make a touchdown on either of the first two drives then bama proceeds to hold texas on offense and pound the ball on texas til half.

texas tries a shovel pass to get around 15 yards to throw a hail mary at half but gilbert throws it too hard (i think that is why the back couldnt catch it) and the bama defender picked it then threw off gilbert and had a spin move that took him like 3 seconds to spin around and then walked into the endzone.

texas' d stepped up in the 3rd even tho ingram didnt really play in the 3rd and bamas defense backed off and then texas started a rally by doing slants and crossing patterns like always.

bama got a 19 yard run from ingram when he gets back in the game to flip flop field position and then they punt and pin texas deep

bama does a weak side blitz and crush gilbert and pick up the fumble and score 3 plays later.

then bama picks it off and scores later.

my opinion bama would still have won. but they wouldnt have slowed the defense down if colt was still in the game. they were looking for gilbert to make mistakes throwing the ball. but it was a good game.

Guest Rednek99

...because Colt McCoy took a bribe and took a fall, you know FAKE an injury.

Bright side when his NFL career flops like Chris Sims did, at least he will have some money to fall back on....

Seriously though... Texas lost because of the obvious...not enough points on the board when the clock reached 0:00

whooooaaaa there kid... To hate on McCoy like that is uncalled for. He got hit perfectly on the shoulder in such a way that it probably separated it is what it looked like to me...

As a guy who played with two separated shoulders I can tell you it ain't no joke. But I played D and McCoy is a QB. I seriously doubt he could've thrown a football with much velocity.

I am the biggest McCoy hater in the world, but I won't dog him for what happened last night, and neither should anybody else.

Texas proved that they were a one trick pony. Once they lost their pony, they were lost. Texas had me excited at the start of the game. Their special teams was making plays, and then Colt got hit. Texas was running the ball effectively in the first two drives, but that was because Alabama was expecting them to pass. Alabama thought they were going to be in for a shootout, and the Texas D struck them quick. McElroy looked lost in the pocket, and it looked like it would be all Texas.

After the dog (Shipley) and pony (Colt) show was broken up, Alabama knew that they could grind the game out on the turf. Having a freshman as your only backup with little experience killed Texas chances. You could tell that Texas didn't have much faith in Gilbert with the play calling. Gilbert could have been made an instant legend. Gilbert played very well in the second half, once UT knew that their guy wasn't going to return. Alabama went conservative in their game plan in the second half with their offense.

Texas could have won the game, but once Colt went down it was basically over, especially after the 24 unanswered points in the second quarter.

my reasons Texas lost: ( in the order I believe )

1) Alabama is a better team

2) UT relied too much on McCoy & has no running game.

3) I'd say Greg Davis, but Mack Brown refuses to change the offense philosophy so I blame him for that

4) The timeout & stupid playcall at the end of the 1st half was STUPID...there is no other word for it.

5) Ingram