19 2A Baseball

huminababe

If a batter lays down a bunt, and in the official scorers opinion, would've beat it out, then he is credited with a hit. If the fielder trows the ball into right field and the batter advances to second, then there is a hit and an error on the play. The inning has to be reconstructed in order to determine if the batter would've scored from first or second in order to determine if the run is earned. CH lay down 2 bunts for hits that errors were committed on. Fly #### that fall that "should've been caught" is another story. A hot shot that eats up a fielder is also subjective. Was it a bad hop? Was the sun in his eyes? Bad lights?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a batter lays down a bunt, and in the official scorers opinion, would've beat it out, then he is credited with a hit. If the fielder trows the ball into right field and the batter advances to second, then there is a hit and an error on the play. The inning has to be reconstructed in order to determine if the batter would've scored from first or second in order to determine if the run is earned. CH lay down 2 bunts for hits that errors were committed on. Fly #### that fall that "should've been caught" is another story. A hot shot that eats up a fielder is also subjective. Was it a bad hop? Was the sun in his eyes? Bad lights?

Thanks for the info. Guess it all depends on who the "official scorer" is.

No question about that. Generally, you try to give your kids the benefit of the doubt, whether it be your pitcher or hitters. We had a player at the state tournament that hit a grounder deep in the hole with a runner on first. The shortstop made a great backhand play on the ball and tried to force the runner out at second but threw errantly into RF. The scorer ruled it an error, but I thought the runner was definitely goin to be safe as was the batter. Cost the kid a record for hits in the state tournament.

Central Heights beat Frankston 13-2 in 7 innings. At least we didn't get run ruled. Thought Frankston looked better than they have in a while even though it is a loss. CH can hit, I think they hit 4 HR's on us and we don't have a "little" field. Can someone from CH tell me the name of #4, your lead of hitter? Is he always like that or did he have an outstanding game? Kid can hit line shot after line shot all day long it seemed like. He didn't hit any HR but as a baseball fan I was most concerned about him tonight. GREAT leadoff man!

How many pitchers do y'all have?

CH 14 Frankston 2

Other scores? I've been hearing Arp lost to WR, this true?

Yes it's true, West Rusk 8 Arp 5. The Raiders continue to improve and work together as a team. Brady did an outstanding job on the mound tonight pitching all seven innings. It was a great game. Congrats Raiders, tough fight Tigers. Good luck both teams next week.

Central Heights beat Frankston 13-2 in 7 innings. At least we didn't get run ruled. Thought Frankston looked better than they have in a while even though it is a loss. CH can hit, I think they hit 4 HR's on us and we don't have a "little" field. Can someone from CH tell me the name of #4, your lead of hitter? Is he always like that or did he have an outstanding game? Kid can hit line shot after line shot all day long it seemed like. He didn't hit any HR but as a baseball fan I was most concerned about him tonight. GREAT leadoff man!

He's the best hitter on a good hitting team. Not the best arm or speed, but both of those are above average too. And CH prbly has six guys they can pitch and be successful with on any night with about 3 more guys that would get work on other teams.

Did Woden really beat garrison?

Yes it's true, West Rusk 8 Arp 5. The Raiders continue to improve and work together as a team. Brady did an outstanding job on the mound tonight pitching all seven innings. It was a great game. Congrats Raiders, tough fight Tigers. Good luck both teams next week.

Yes, Brady pitched very well. Johnson, and Hlavaty had good nights at the plate. Johnson hit a bases loaded double, and Hlavaty was 2-2 with 2 doubles and an RBI. WR did a good job of keeping Arp from getting the big hit which is a big credit to Brady.

But... On the other hand.

Arp did not hit the ball well tonight, and made a couple of baserunning errors that hurt us. I guess thats why we play twice...

Congrats again to WR

#4 is Hunter Haley. His brother Trey pitched for CH and was drafted by the Indians.

woden was up 2-0 in the 7th and troup hit a 3 run homer

Woden wasnt able to recover from it

but altogether played a good game

hopefully they will start to pick up the place

it sounds like every team has still got a chance for the playoffs after last nights games