Cayuga 83 Avery 46 (Final)

GINGERGENOCIDE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you really just say that some one underestimated UGA, that's the most stupid thing posted on here in along time. Everyone respects UGA cause they have to, as much stuff yall talk about them on here though you'd think the were christ reborn.

Go avery do it to silence these people, or at least so we can here them complaine about the refs cause that's what it always turns into.

attended the yuga and grapeland game last night and there no doubt who was going to win from the opening tip.i too thought grapeland had a good team but there was so much pressure from yuga it was unreal.it was a joy to watch a team play that kind of defense and hustle all over the court.the only thing keeping yuga from the state tournament is yuga.good luck and hope yall win the basketball state championship to go along with the football state championship.

It seems as if everyone is ready to shine Cayuga's state championship trophy already. As a wise man once told me, don't count your rings until you have them on your finger! Don't be too hasty in crowning your team, there are plenty of good 1A teams left. I will not take it away from them, Cayuga is having a great season, just don't get hasty. If they make it out of the regional tournament (And I stress IF. Avery, MM, and Tenaha are all capable teams), The Drum is a WHOLE different world. If Cayuga is lucky enough to make it, they will know what I'm talking about.

Avery is a solid team, and Cayuga is not invincible. Every team has a chink in the armor, and any team can win on any given night.

It seems as if everyone is ready to shine Cayuga's state championship trophy already. As a wise man once told me, don't count your rings until you have them on your finger! Don't be too hasty in crowning your team, there are plenty of good 1A teams left. I will not take it away from them, Cayuga is having a great season, just don't get hasty. If they make it out of the regional tournament (And I stress IF. Avery, MM, and Tenaha are all capable teams), The Drum is a WHOLE different world. If Cayuga is lucky enough to make it, they will know what I'm talking about.

Avery is a solid team, and Cayuga is not invincible. Every team has a chink in the armor, and any team can win on any given night.

ALL that is so true....but you have to a have favorite...Our boys have been on the wrong end ....and trust they are sick of it...3 straight trips to regionals...being ranked #1 2 of those times...and have came up empty all 3 times?....this is our fourth straight trip...and if only you knew how hungry our boys are....your statement motivates....BOTTOMLINE!...Love it.....

what does avery bring to the table? do they have any big men or shooters or what?

They play fundamental team ball, and all are good shooters. Have a soph. That can be lights out from beyond the arc. Like I said they all shoot very well, but most of the time they chew the clock up and look for the lay up or the gimme jumper

Did you really just say that some one underestimated UGA, that's the most stupid thing posted on here in along time. Everyone respects UGA cause they have to, as much stuff yall talk about them on here though you'd think the were christ reborn.

Go avery do it to silence these people, or at least so we can here them complaine about the refs cause that's what it always turns into.

:thumbsup:

Cayuga fans support their team just like other fans do. OK, maybe some of us support a little more, or are a little more vocal, but rest assured, Avery fans, we respect Avery and are NOT looking past you! You are not here because you guys aren't good, and Coach Jenkins knows it. We will take it one game at a time.

GO WILDCATS!!

You can not rely on one big man to maintain the boards against Yuga, they can all jump out of the gym and are very physical on the boards. You will have to block out and hope for over the back calls, other than that..... forget about it !!!!

Yea since we always turn it into the Refs. We know why we lose 2008 because of Foul trouble and missed freethrows, 2009 because we ran into a darn good Tenaha team. 2010 is a whole different story. Yuga is looking foward to hopefully win State just like in Football. We dont blame the refs we know why we lose. Maybe yall blame the refs but YUGA DONT! That is absurd to say. Hes also adding a little bit of Sarcasm (about the underestimating), but people are entitled to their own opinions.

Ballaz they do say third times the charm, this is our third year in a row goin down there ranked #1. :thumbsup:

I hope it does motivate Cayuga. They cost me some change last year when they lost to Tenaha. I don't know much about this Avery team, but to get this far you have to be good.

That being said, my only pick to upset Cayuga would be Tenaha, as they have proved they can. 2010 is a different year, but Tenaha sure knows how to play ball. Seems like that's all they do! Haha, just a joke, I know they've had some great football teams too.

I never said you blame the refs I said that that's what it usually turns into, everyboby does it. The words you've blamed the refs the last 2 years never came out my mouth.iv only watched yall play one game and that was last year, but whatever I say one thing you take it to a new extreme.

I have seen both teams close-up. In the district with Avery and they are a solid team. VERY fundamentally sound. They make up for alot of shortcomings with good, smart, fundamental basketball execution.

Watched Cayuga against Clarksville and have been up-close to the Yuga athletes as they drummed us out of the football playoffs the last two years.

I think the only type team that can beat Cayuga is a very deliberate, slow team that can handle pressure with good passes, that will not get sucked into a running game, and can shoot from the outside. You have to take Yuga's overwhelming athleticism out of the game. I just don't think Avery can do this. The difference between the two teams at the guard position is massive. Avery's post is good and could present a match-up problem IF the Avery guards can get the ball into a half-court set.

I do hear though that there may be a team in the panhandle that fits this description. Would love to see the two opposite game types collide.

the game is 32 min long... 20 minutes will be played about even (because avery is disciplined)... avery within 10 maybe at half... other 8 min, yuga by a few... those other 4 min, prolly in minute or so spurts, is where yuga will turn it on and pull away... avery will hang tough, but can not play with these boys for 32 mins....yuga by 20...

I have seen both teams close-up. In the district with Avery and they are a solid team. VERY fundamentally sound. They make up for alot of shortcomings with good, smart, fundamental basketball execution.

Watched Cayuga against Clarksville and have been up-close to the Yuga athletes as they drummed us out of the football playoffs the last two years.

I think the only type team that can beat Cayuga is a very deliberate, slow team that can handle pressure with good passes, that will not get sucked into a running game, and can shoot from the outside. You have to take Yuga's overwhelming athleticism out of the game. I just don't think Avery can do this. The difference between the two teams at the guard position is massive. Avery's post is good and could present a match-up problem IF the Avery guards can get the ball into a half-court set.

I do hear though that there may be a team in the panhandle that fits this description. Would love to see the two opposite game types collide.

Martins Mill is that type of team.