THE SUN IS SHINNING IN TEAGUE

homegrown

this is teague records since dropping to 2a.

2004:9-3 beat elkhart and lost to newton in play-offs

2005:7-3 lost out on tie breaker to advance to play-offs

2006:7-4 lost to crawford

2007:9-2 lost to mcgregor

2008:4-7 lost to arp

2009:1-9 nightmare

yes, teague has only 1 play-off win in school's history and if coach hayes would have stayed i truely believe the lions would have made the play-offs this past year.anyone with football sense knows it is all about the draw in the play-offs not making excuses but we were beaten out by some pretty good programs.we are excited about josh finney coming to teague and i think he will fix this quicker than people think.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You two are killin me. Now you're definition of turning a program around is to turn a 1-9 prev season into a 3,4,5 year record of 7-3,8-2, or 9-1 season with a playoff win to boot. Keep moving that carrot.

Sounds like you want to see someone fail before they even get started. How about just wishing someone good luck?

Hey you people are the ones touting him as a savior for the program and doing what he did at Maud. Well, at Maud he did exactly what I listed. Deep playoff runs, seasons of 7+wins....I know that Teague has always been a doormat but is a successful season to you 2-8 or 4-6? When I played at Crockett Teague was a tune-up game for us to play our JV against on Friday night so the varsity kids could rest injuries.

this is teague records since dropping to 2a.

2004:9-3 beat elkhart and lost to newton in play-offs

2005:7-3 lost out on tie breaker to advance to play-offs

2006:7-4 lost to crawford

2007:9-2 lost to mcgregor

2008:4-7 lost to arp

2009:1-9 nightmare

yes, teague has only 1 play-off win in school's history and if coach hayes would have stayed i truely believe the lions would have made the play-offs this past year.anyone with football sense knows it is all about the draw in the play-offs not making excuses but we were beaten out by some pretty good programs.we are excited about josh finney coming to teague and i think he will fix this quicker than people think.

Ive been telling them over the past 6 years we have been a decent program.. They're talking like we have only won 7 total games over the past 5 years.. Oh my bad that was FAIRFIELD..

just curious...how did Fairfield come into this? Yup, we've been down. But, like the folks from Teague, feel like we're on the way up. I'm glad that game is back on the schedule. Should be a lot of fun. And...congratulations Coach Finney and best wishes!

Read the posts by some Fairfield posters.. They are downing Teague and the way their program has been I think they have no need to talk..

Hey you people are the ones touting him as a savior for the program and doing what he did at Maud. Well, at Maud he did exactly what I listed. Deep playoff runs, seasons of 7+wins....I know that Teague has always been a doormat but is a successful season to you 2-8 or 4-6? When I played at Crockett Teague was a tune-up game for us to play our JV against on Friday night so the varsity kids could rest injuries.

curious what was crockett's record the last few years?what happened in the late 80's and early 90's doesnt mean a thing to these kids playing now.the last time teague played crockett in crockett the lion's won.

curious what was crockett's record the last few years?what happened in the late 80's and early 90's doesnt mean a thing to these kids playing now.the last time teague played crockett in crockett the lion's won.

I was thinking the same thing..

Guest Killemalll

why cant we all just get along? We're all profesionals here. they aint none of yal been worth a squirrle ####. :icon_eek: i mean im just sayin, no offense. or defense lmao, :bunny: :cripple: lighten up.

You two are killin me. Now you're definition of turning a program around is to turn a 1-9 prev season into a 3,4,5 year record of 7-3,8-2, or 9-1 season with a playoff win to boot. Keep moving that carrot.

Sounds like you want to see someone fail before they even get started. How about just wishing someone good luck?

Gus has not said anything about seeing someone fail... Gus was just telling yall Teague folk... You never been on Top!!!

I said when I played....that was ages ago when Crockett was the big dog. I don't have any room to talk about their record as of late....and I have not said anything about Crockett being better now...My whole point in this discussion was that Teeg has never been consistently good and it will be tough for anyone to stay there long enough to keep them consistently good.

I said when I played....that was ages ago when Crockett was the big dog. I don't have any room to talk about their record as of late....and I have not said anything about Crockett being better now...My whole point in this discussion was that Teeg has never been consistently good and it will be tough for anyone to stay there long enough to keep them consistently good.

[/quote

so what your saying is u don't believe a coach can turn a program around win the district or at least second and keeping teague at the top for 4 or 5 years straight

i personally think josh finney will get the program back on track in teague.the teams that are on the lion's schedule will see a totally different team than the one they thought they would be playing when the schedule was made.i can see with our young talent coming up, 7 + wins seasons in the next 5 years. i believe it will start with next year.

i personally think josh finney will get the program back on track in teague.the teams that are on the lion's schedule will see a totally different team than the one they thought they would be playing when the schedule was made.i can see with our young talent coming up, 7 + wins seasons in the next 5 years. i believe it will start with next year.

And state championship teams after them 5 years.. Them special classes are comming and when its their time yall will see how far Teague came along..

just curious...how did Fairfield come into this? Yup, we've been down. But, like the folks from Teague, feel like we're on the way up. I'm glad that game is back on the schedule. Should be a lot of fun. And...congratulations Coach Finney and best wishes!

it seems as though teague has always determined their success by how it measures against fairfield. if you look at any sports web sight that they are on, someone will certainly start running down fairfield to help them feel better about their program. fact is, teague competed in 3a while they had some truly exceptional athletes but still never made the playoffs. when they went to 2a, i think the quote was that they are now the grapefruit and not the grape speaking of school sizes. problem is, they only won district outright once i think. as far as playoffs, they did win one against elkhart and i think fairfield might have been to the quarterfinals a couple of times under angel. point is, neither has set the world on fire but both have a chance to get better if they concentrate on their own programs and not each others. anyways, good luck coach finney and piske also.