17-3A Baseball

Eagleborn

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I just saw on accuweather.com the heavy rain wont be around till late afternoon... So hopefully teams can get games in.. We got a game scheduled at 1pm.. So maybe(fingers crossed) we can get it in.

looking at the radar the rain could be here by late morning or noon. it's possible it could stay just north of us but they are giving an 80% chance by noon so who knows

7-7 is correct record...

11-4-1 is a inside joke.

[/quote

I can imagine; looks like the kick off of district ought to be a good one........with baseball you never know..if your pitcher struggles, defense makes mistakes, the game can get away from you quickly no matter how good or where your "rated".. looking forward to getting started this week. Rumbelow(Bullard), Zeilinger/Brown(SH), and Chestnut(Gilmer) make for some great pitching matchups...and you know the other teams will be re-loaded also......

SH travels to C.Hill

Tatum vs G'Water

Bullard vs Gilmer

Ought to be a good week of battles.

SH could possibly have the most depth at pitching

I think so too...

Not sure who Bullard has throwing other than Rumlow..

SH is 2 strong with others???

GW??

CH??

Gilmer has two pretty solid pitchers..

We have 3-4 that I really like.. Only thing that concerns me is which defense decides to show up.. The one that plays fluid or the one that had 7 errors against Kilgore in a 5-4 loss.. Kilgore had 3 hits in that ball game..

The thing I like most about this district is that every game you have to show up and play..

I think so too...

Not sure who Bullard has throwing other than Rumlow..

SH is 2 strong with others???

GW??

CH??

Gilmer has two pretty solid pitchers..

We have 3-4 that I really like.. Only thing that concerns me is which defense decides to show up.. The one that plays fluid or the one that had 7 errors against Kilgore in a 5-4 loss.. Kilgore had 3 hits in that ball game..

The thing I like most about this district is that every game you have to show up and play..

SH has 3 you could probably put out there against anyone

Zeilinger 4-0.... 3.45 era

Brown 2-2.... 3.79 era

Bennett 2-0.... 0.93 era

SH has 3 you could probably put out there against anyone

Zeilinger 4-0.... 3.45 era

Brown 2-2.... 3.79 era

Bennett 2-0.... 0.93 era

zeilinger is good..just wish he could go longer in a game..usually only pitches 3-4 innings before pulled..bennett i think is the sleeper in the rotation..with him pitching, the s.hill defense gets tougher/beter with Z and brown playing the field...brown has a nasty curve..when its on its nasty!..not many other teams around with 3 reliable pitchers

zeilinger is good..just wish he could go longer in a game..usually only pitches 3-4 innings before pulled..bennett i think is the sleeper in the rotation..with him pitching, the s.hill defense gets tougher/beter with Z and brown playing the field...brown has a nasty curve..when its on its nasty!..not many other teams around with 3 reliable pitchers

i agree. we are strongest in the field when Brown is at SS and Zeilinger at 3rd

i agree. we are strongest when Brown is at SS and Zeilinger at 3rd

fyi-Zeilinger has gone into 5th past two outings(has done some couple other times)--coming straight out of basketball they haven't pushed him futher,but with district starting we'll see longer outings I imagine. Zeilinger and Brown will be the main horses for SH, but there are some good options& Bennett can both bring it for SH..the Zapatta kid has more junk that Fred Sanford and can chew up innings if games get out of hand either way..all the teams have had "plus" turnover so it's still up in the air who's the favorite. On paper you have to point towards SH vs Bullard being major games, but, anything can happen .....