17-3A Baseball

Eagleborn

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bullard 9 springhill 1 bullard 17 3a champs 10 0

Did Bullard put that Rumbelow guy on the mound again? It wouldn't surprise me if they did do something like that! I am a little PO'ed that SH let Bullard win again, because I know that they can play better than this. I don't know what's going on at SH, but it took 11 innings to finally beat Tatum, and they just got swept in district play by a team that they swept last year with no problem. Ok Spring Hill, here comes the state playoffs, so let's see what you got!

Did Bullard put that Rumbelow guy on the mound again? It wouldn't surprise me if they did do something like that! I am a little PO'ed that SH let Bullard win again, because I know that they can play better than this. I don't know what's going on at SH, but it took 11 innings to finally beat Tatum, and they just got swept in district play by a team that they swept last year with no problem. Ok Spring Hill, here comes the state playoffs, so let's see what you got!

I guess it goes in cycles. Bullard swept SH out of the playoffs in 08 with no problem. SH was 2-0 against Bullard last year. Bullard outscored SH this year 23-1, Rumbelow gave up 2 runs in district in 6 starts. The result last night was not a surprise.

I don't think Spring Hill let Bullard win...I think Bullard beat Spring Hill...twice...Let's give some credit where credit is due, ok?

Good luck in the playoffs to all the teams from the district

SH had some chances early on, but couldn't take advantage--credit the Bullard pitcher. Rumbelow didn't have his best stuff and when runners were in scoring position last night the kid "pitched" his way out of it...used a change up to really keep SH hitters off balance and it worked-that's called PITCHING and not throwing. Once again SH made many errors and like good teams do-Bullard followed the "extra outs" with very good hits(not cheapies). 2010 is not 2009 for those wondering "what's the deal with SH"...every year is different, nothing new. As one guy said last night "we're all 0-0 now".......

So, it looks like Spring Hill will meet Lufkin Hudson in the 1st round, and Bullard gets a 1st round bye. Who is the third place team, Gilmer or Tatum, and who will they be facing?

I believe it is Gilmer and they will play the runner up in 18-3a. That will more than likely be Carthage. All Jasper has to do is beat Center on Friday to claim the 18-3a title. If Jasper were lose and Carthage win on Friday, I beleive they would have to have a playoff game for the district championship. Jasper and Carthage split their two previous meetings this season.

took 11 innings to beat tatum who bullard beat twice, but yet let bullard beat them,i don,t think they did.bullard just flat out out played them.i am also glad to know you are not SURPRISED that they pitched THAT RUMBELOW GUY :sorcerer: if you want to go back to last year it didn't surprise anyone from bullard that ya'll pitched that METHVIN GUY.so put that in your pipe and smoke it :thumbsup: :rofl:

took 11 innings to beat tatum who bullard beat twice, but yet let bullard beat them,i don,t think they did.bullard just flat out out played them.i am also glad to know you are not SURPRISED that they pitched THAT RUMBELOW GUY :sorcerer: if you want to go back to last year it didn't surprise anyone from bullard that ya'll pitched that METHVIN GUY.so put that in your pipe and smoke it :thumbsup: :rofl:

hey just let it go. ya'll were the better team this year no doubt. we have struggled lately but i don't think we are as bad as we've showed against ya'll this year. good luck in the playoffs. i believe ya'll get Robinson in the 3rd rd. should be fun

hey just let it go. ya'll were the better team this year no doubt. we have struggled lately but i don't think we are as bad as we've showed against ya'll this year. good luck in the playoffs. i believe ya'll get Robinson in the 3rd rd. should be fun

why don't you tell that to panther89.nobody said ya'll were bad,except panther89 and no ya'll aren't a bad team at all.i'm just glad next year we don't have to play ya'll twice.good luck to ya'll in the playoffs

why don't you tell that to panther89.nobody said ya'll were bad,except panther89 and no ya'll aren't a bad team at all.i'm just glad next year we don't have to play ya'll twice.good luck to ya'll in the playoffs

i have no idea who Panther89 is and have no idea why he would've expected anyone else other than Rumbelow to throw against us again

Let's not let an off-color remark or someone who obviously doesn' t know what he's talking about stir you up or anyone else from Bullard. Bullard won the district, fair and square, played good baseball, and did what they had to when they had to. Just like last year when SH pitched it's #1 vs Bullard, same thing this year...most teams normally throw their #1 against what they feel is their main competition so I take it as a compliment.

Best of fortune to the Bullard Panthers and our Spring Hil Panthers, and Gilmer Buckeyes as they all start the new season!

Let's not let an off-color remark or someone who obviously doesn' t know what he's talking about stir you up or anyone else from Bullard. Bullard won the district, fair and square, played good baseball, and did what they had to when they had to. Just like last year when SH pitched it's #1 vs Bullard, same thing this year...most teams normally throw their #1 against what they feel is their main competition so I take it as a compliment.

Best of fortune to the Bullard Panthers and our Spring Hil Panthers, and Gilmer Buckeyes as they all start the new season!

thanks oldpantherfan,and yes we will take(need)all the good fortune that comes our way.good fortune to ya'll too

Oh, ok there tweekies, you want to be a comedian now, huh? Put it in my pipe and smoke it, huh? Well, I guess you told me! You must be from Bullard, is that right? I bet you're from good ol' Bullard, aren't you? Sounds like you have some Bullard roots growing underneath those feet of yours. I'm right aren't I? Hmmm, makes me wonder! I surrender to your hilarious humor! :notworthy:

Oh, ok there tweekies, you want to be a comedian now, huh? Put it in my pipe and smoke it, huh? Well, I guess you told me! You must be from Bullard, is that right? I bet you're from good ol' Bullard, aren't you? Sounds like you have some Bullard roots growing underneath those feet of yours. I'm right aren't I? Hmmm, makes me wonder! I surrender to your hilarious humor! :notworthy:

how do you know that i haven't been a comedian all along.you are right the roots running under my feet go deep.by the way why are you wondering?

how do you know that i haven't been a comedian all along.you are right the roots running under my feet go deep.by the way why are you wondering?

come on guys district is over. Bullard won it and SH didn't this year so lets wish each other best of luck in the playoffs

C'mon panther89.....let it go. Show some humilty win you win, graciousness when you lose, and tip your hat to the winner. As Bill Parcells said "it is what it is and you are what your record says your are"...

Bullard 10-0

S.Hill 8-2

I'm disappointed SH didn't win it either; give Bullard their due credit..........

Hey guys,

I have nothing but respect for Bullard, and I too wish them the very best of luck in the playoffs. I know that they will go a long way. Their pitcher (Rumbelow) is outstanding on the mound, and I am not bashing him or the Bullard baseball team at all. All kidding aside, SH could have played better, and I have been saying that all along, and it's because of the amount of talent that they have on that team that baffles me as to why they couldn't win district. I have just as much humility as the next SH Panther fan, and will give credit to their great program. Bullard has a lot to be thankful for, and they also have great community support. In some ways, these two teams mirror one another, and are coached by two great individuals. I do know what I'm talking about (oldpantherfan) and I am not trying to stir up any emotions. Tweekies, I believe that you took my comical remarks the wrong way, and if they came across the wrong way, then you have my apologies on that!

For what it's worth, here is how they ended up. I don't think the order was too different than most pre-season predictions.

Bullard (10-0)

Spring Hill (8-2)

Gilmer (6-4)

Tatum (3-7)

Gladewater (2-8)

Chapel Hill (1-9)

Pretty close to early season predictions..so far here's the schedule:

Carthage vs Gilmer, PT Field of Dreams, Longview next Thur/Sat

Hudson vs Spring Hill, Driller Park, Kilgore next Thur/Sat