17-3A Baseball

Eagleborn

I'm definitely not going against anything you or Camuchs has seen this year, but personally, I have seen alot of really solid umpiring so far. I have seen games in Van, Tatum, Bullard, Tyler, Gilmer and Brownsboro. Alot of those games involved the Tyler Chapter and seemed to have several new faces that I have not seen over the last 7-8 years. The Brownsboro-Crockett game on Tuesday was as good of a game, umpiring wise, that I have seen this year. The guy behind the plate had a good zone and the same zone he has always had. The guy in the field had a couple of close plays and he got them right. But with those 2 guys and their experience, it was not a big surprise. In Brownsboro, the crowd is almost on top of the plate, but there was very little chatter out of the crowd, other than the usual "great pitch" on the ball a foot outside.

Umpires HAVE done alot of good things this year.. As far as calls go.. IMO, overall, it seems like a down year for them...

The ones we had during the Tatum/Bullard game is the same crew we had the other night.. Guy behind the plate did good.. Consist... The guy in the field I felt missed a few..

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilmer 7 G'water 1 ...called called,completed due to lightning

SH 4 Tatum 4 after 10 innings; suspended due to lightng

Wow!!

Bullard beat Chapel Hill. Not sure of the score, either 4-0 or 4-1. Langston and Greene both went deep.

Only tarps are the mound and pitchers........if it floods, right field holds water due to the hill....hopefully it blows thru quickly, wind blows, and drys out..

Rain isnt here yet... But its coming.. Or last time I looked at radar..

I was told 5pm would be start date to finish game..

Rain isnt here yet... But its coming.. Or last time I looked at radar..

I was told 5pm would be start date to finish game..

Correct...if weather permits it will be 5PM.....if not, next week will be anyones guess. Tatum vs Gilmer had already been moved to Friday(I heard) due to TAKS...so, who knows what the schedule will look like.

Tatum and Gilmer has not been oved to Friday. We play Tuesday night in Tatum

Thanks for update......parent last night said they thought it had been moved to Friday,that's what I get for listening.haha

Drove by SH field....tarps off, field is slightly damp but not standing water anywhere so we should be good to go.

Thanks for update......parent last night said they thought it had been moved to Friday,that's what I get for listening.haha

Drove by SH field....tarps off, field is slightly damp but not standing water anywhere so we should be good to go.

Thanks for the update coach... Wasnt for sure.. I assumed both schools had to agree with it..

Oldpantherfan, I drove by our field a lil while ago and Coach Depriest was mowing lol..

Thanks for the update coach... Wasnt for sure.. I assumed both schools had to agree with it..

Oldpantherfan, I drove by our field a lil while ago and Coach Depriest was mowing lol..

Mothernature...just never know in East Texas.

SH 5 Tatum 4 11 innings; first pitch 5PM, ended at 5:12.....23hrs after it started.

Does anyone know what the first round playoff games might be? Who's playing who and where?

If SH beats Bullard on Mon. they will have to play again to determine district champ. if not then SH will play Lufkin-Hudson. i would think Henderson would be a good spot to play but no idea where yet and won't until the district games are completed. we do know Gilmer will play Carthage unless Jasper loses their last game then Carthage could win that district. no idea where

Does anyone know what the first round playoff games might be? Who's playing who and where?

If things stay the same as they are now then this is what I got..

Carthage vs Gilmer

SH vs Hudson

Bullard gets a bye and will get the winner of 3rd seed in 19-3A vs runner up in 20-3A...Mexia vs Bboro...

Like I said thats as of right now...

Bullard still has to play SH.

Mexia is locked as the 3rd seed in 19-3A( I believe)

B'boro is locked as the 2nd seed in 20-3A.

Bullard (9-0)

Spring Hill (8-1)

Gilmer (5-4)

Tatum (3-6)

Gladewater (1-8)

Chapel Hill (0-9)

I'm not a fan of GW(2-7) and I don't think I have even seen 1 on smoaky this season, but they will be going for their 3rd win of the season against CH. My favorite baseball site (3abaseball.com) has it correct in the team area, but not in the standings area.......

The Bullard-SH game should be a good one and will probably have the biggest crowd that we have seen this year in Bullard. We haven't had a home game yet against a team with a good fan base.