post of the day

TheShadowKnows

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a way to get a post of the day or week?

Well, I'm sure we could highlight one but it would be nearly impossible for us to know what thread to highlight.

Each day we sometimes have hundreds of threads put up, of course-that depends on the time of the year. On a slow day we'll have dozens of threads posted.

Smoaky

• 7 months later...

Smoaky,

What if you assigned a member of the mods/admins to a certain thread every week. Just have them pick something that they personally liked. Then maybe at the end of the year narrow that list down, and have people the sdc community vote on their favorite comment. Who ever wins gets a small perk on their profile. Would that be possible?

You could make it so that each individual post has a vote. When a vote is made for each post by all the users who read it, a data base would track who has the most. I'm not very good with databases so I may be talking out my rear. I know you can do a web counter for each forum but that would get too complicated.

or do a "like" system like facebook. Post with most likes in each forum gets a small perk.

It's ironic that you said that because I can't tell you how many times I've read a post and wanted to "LIKE" it, but then realized I wasn't on Facebook! :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...

Smoak,

I would like to make a request, is there any way we could make it so that "active" users have a bigger inbox for messages? I don't know how many times I would like to send a message to someone but their inbox is full. If it's a matter of storage, I'm sure there are alot of us that would donate the money to get one of those USB Teradrives to have hooked into the server or buy more webspace. That or the webspace we have is simply not being managed enough.

I wanted to thank some of the admins for being so good to me. I've never gotten a lecture for something stupid I've said and Lord know's half of what I said has been pretty stupid!

Colmes

OldSot,

Five0

Cheapy

Delap

Smoaky

If I've forgotten someone, please forgive me but regardless, this has been a home away from home for me. I've enjoyed being able to just be me and let my hair down. I haven't always said the best things but nobody has ever made me feel that way. When I've needed to be corrected, it's never been a lecture. It was always kind guidance. So THANK YOU and I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!!!

There are so many ways that this can be done but there are also so many problems for each way. Give Delap some credit. He know's what he's doing! The man is basically running this entire network for free.

Delap as well as the whole staff do an amazing job on this site. Wish there were more sites like this. Actually I take that back. We have our own little corner on the WWW

Delap as well as the whole staff do an amazing job on this site. Wish there were more sites like this. Actually I take that back. We have our own little corner on the WWW

Yes we do! And not enough people pay homage to the people behind the scenes. We should have a day of donation where the admins get to do with the money donated as they please!

When I first started this site, it was about the situation at my school where my ex-wife worked. They were doing the head coach dirty, or at least some of the fans were calling for his head and so they got their wish. I made some comments that were juvenile and out of line. I've come to learn that some of the people on here have become my friends and to ruin their integrity was something I never thought I would be doing but I realized that these guys put an awful lot of hard work into this site. And in acting like a jackass, I treated them less than human. They didn't return the favor to me though and it taught me to respect them. Thankfully, I learned from that and this became a place I've respected very much!

I still think Cheapy has no taste in good music.....lol