CLASS 1A REGION 3 PLAYOFF THREAD

StorminNorman

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: You shouldn't underestimate MOST of the JB batters then...

I have not had the pleasure of seeing Bowie play, but I hear the are a very scrappy bunch. I am sure Cayuga is not looking past them. Will Bowie match their number one against Thompson. In a three game series, that may not be a good move. If Thompson is healthy, you will not see a more dominant pitcher. I would throw my number one in game two. After Thompson, imo, Cayuga becomes very beatable. I like Cayuga in three. B-NUT

Overton vs North Hopkins will be at New Diana. Games are Thursday and Friday at 7 and Sat at 3 if needed.

Wow, that's a long way for North Hopkins to drive, isn't it? I would think they'd meet somewhere a little farther west, but maybe there was not a place available.

I have not had the pleasure of seeing Bowie play, but I hear the are a very scrappy bunch. I am sure Cayuga is not looking past them. Will Bowie match their number one against Thompson. In a three game series, that may not be a good move. If Thompson is healthy, you will not see a more dominant pitcher. I would throw my number one in game two. After Thompson, imo, Cayuga becomes very beatable. I like Cayuga in three. B-NUT

gotta win the first one, throw your ace!!

and coach branch is not underestimating bowie, i can guarantee you that

Have you seen Cayuga play this year? Just curious...I have seen Bowie, and that lefty pitcher is legit. Should be a good game. Where is this game going to be played, heard they are having trouble finding a site...

I have seen Cayuga play and I believe JB can win this series. I will take James Bowie. And If the rain forecast is correct, they had better go big guns to win the 1st one.

Campbell??

Yeah. I heard he was an all star upcoming freshman with a cannon reaching the high eighties! I think they are trying to keep him a secret or something. I know if I had an athlete like that on my team he'd be on the bump! I mean come on cuzz!

I heard Bowie was going to throw Campbell first game! If this is true, I dont think Yuga is going to be able to hang with them. Does anyone know if this is true cuz?? :hmm:

the point of playing the game is to try to win. therefore, no, campbell will probably NOT be added back to the roster. just a guess :bangin:

heck, you always hear of some phenom throwing in the "mid high 80's." cayuga will win in two. better pitching, better in the lineup 1-9

theres not even a campbell on the roster. its someone (probably a student) making fun of the kid because he was removed from the team

and i wouldn't jump out there so quick with the better pitching comment. just saying

theres not even a campbell on the roster. its someone (probably a student) making fun of the kid because he was removed from the team

and i wouldn't jump out there so quick with the better pitching comment. just saying

i jumped, cause one, i've seen their pitching, two, ive seen bowie's pitching, and three, it's my opinion

True. I've heard that Cayuga is about just as evenly matched as us pitching-wise...

They may match up pretty even 2 and 3 starters, but the 1's are not even close. No disrespect is intended but Thompson is one of the better lefties in the state, all classifications. Texas Travel Ball has him as the fifth overall junior in the state. As far as him being on his game, or off his game is a matter of a 16 k game or a 19 k game. I do think Bowie matches up well with Cayuga, it will be interesting. If Gunnar is healthy (I heard he did not pitch in their warm up game) he is extremely tough, not unbeatable but extremely tough.

They may match up pretty even 2 and 3 starters, but the 1's are not even close. No disrespect is intended but Thompson is one of the better lefties in the state, all classifications. Texas Travel Ball has him as the fifth overall junior in the state. As far as him being on his game, or off his game is a matter of a 16 k game or a 19 k game. I do think Bowie matches up well with Cayuga, it will be interesting. If Gunnar is healthy (I heard he did not pitch in their warm up game) he is extremely tough, not unbeatable but extremely tough.

Too bad this Thompson kid can't pitch all three games for Cayuga!!