CLASS 1A REGION 3 PLAYOFF THREAD

StorminNorman

Due to a pretty bad lower back sprain, Thompson was not even supposed to be up and around, yet he managed to pitch a complete game with 12 k's, 2 hits and had a shutout untill the 6th inning. He had maybe 50% of his stuff. And for your info doophus, a good curve ball hits in the dirt, and your guys were swinging at them, so that tells me they looked good. Probably worst game ever for Gunnar, and he still looks fairly good. Your team has a lot of class, but you have none. You are a jerk. Kid pitching in pain and you try and knock him. Grow up. The Bowie people at the game all seemed very nice and respectfull. You can't be one of them.

:huh:

I sat behind the gun last night and if that was only 50% of his stuff.......... Well........... Send him to the majors.....

Either way, he's a good pitcher. The boys should have the sticks rollin' tonight. Good Luck to the teams and safe travel to all.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it, I can't remeber what I had for breakfast so I certainly didn't remember that. Your boys did battle at the plate against Gunnar a lot better that I thought they would, got to give 'em credit for that,,,but, 2 hits is 2 hits. See ya at the game. Might eat sum crow tomorrow but I think Jimmy will give up only a few hits tonight also. Yuga 6-2 to finish it out.

Won't be there tonight, I have some previous arrangements. I was updating the scores last night on here, maybe someone will pick up the slack so I can see how it's going.

Due to a pretty bad lower back sprain, Thompson was not even supposed to be up and around, yet he managed to pitch a complete game with 12 k's, 2 hits and had a shutout untill the 6th inning. He had maybe 50% of his stuff. And for your info doophus, a good curve ball hits in the dirt, and your guys were swinging at them, so that tells me they looked good. Probably worst game ever for Gunnar, and he still looks fairly good. Your team has a lot of class, but you have none. You are a jerk. Kid pitching in pain and you try and knock him. Grow up. The Bowie people at the game all seemed very nice and respectfull. You can't be one of them.

Easy ranger, optimum made himself look bad enough carrying on about how bad Gunnar pitched and how they've seen much better pitchers yet only had 2 hits. I'm with you, I'm sure this is not coming from one of the players or any of their parents. ANYONE that was at the game has to admit that even though contact was made, even if the ball wouldn't have been fielded, most wouldn't have made it out of the infield.

Won't be there tonight, I have some previous arrangements. I was updating the scores last night on here, maybe someone will pick up the slack so I can see how it's going.

Wish I could, but I wouldn't know how even if my phone had internet..not too smart when it comes to all those fancy gadgets!! Have a good evening and I hope I you won't have to bake me a crow pie in the morning...

Was that the Final?

That was the final score. 6-5 Cayuga. Gotta hand it to the Pirates, they played hard until the final play. It ended on a hard line drive that was caught by our second baseman and thrown to first for the double play. Congrats to the Pirates on a great season. The Pirate catcher, number 12, played injured the whole game, and is a stud. All of the fans that were there tonight were great.

Cayuga tried to shoot themselves in the foot several times during the game. Too many errors, but it ended well for us. Now onto the next round....GO WILDCATS!!!!!

Due to a pretty bad lower back sprain, Thompson was not even supposed to be up and around, yet he managed to pitch a complete game with 12 k's, 2 hits and had a shutout untill the 6th inning. He had maybe 50% of his stuff. And for your info doophus, a good curve ball hits in the dirt, and your guys were swinging at them, so that tells me they looked good. Probably worst game ever for Gunnar, and he still looks fairly good.

the kid who threw tonight looked better than slingshot IMO. sickest pickoff move i've seen in a while too. whenever the first kid is faced with a team that can hit solid 1-9 (overton, maud) he will get hit off the mound. or out from behind it, wherever he decides to throw from.

the kid who threw tonight looked better than slingshot IMO. sickest pickoff move i've seen in a while too. whenever the first kid is faced with a team that can hit solid 1-9 (overton, maud) he will get hit off the mound. or out from behind it, wherever he decides to throw from.

Way to be a hater and bash a kid while he's down. Guess I could make a few comments about some of the plays your boys made, but I won't. Your boys fought hard and showed a lot of class....so all I'll say is have a nice summer and better luck next year.

Went to the game last night WC had several chances to win had base loaded couple times WC was flat and didnt throw their ace. Congrats to Carlisle and if the program was correct pitcher and catcher both Fresh. WOW they are going to be good for a while.

Gunner is a freshman and has a great bat as well. Clay is also a freshman and has a solid bat. Go Indians take game 2!

Way to be a hater and bash a kid while he's down. Guess I could make a few comments about some of the plays your boys made, but I won't. Your boys fought hard and showed a lot of class....so all I'll say is have a nice summer and better luck next year.

not bashing, im simpley saying that when he is faced with a team that can hit the ball full order, he'll stuggle. down or up, 50% or 110%. dont get me wrong i didn't think the kid was bad at all, just not what everyone is saying he is

not bashing, im simpley saying that when he is faced with a team that can hit the ball full order, he'll stuggle. down or up, 50% or 110%. dont get me wrong i didn't think the kid was bad at all, just not what everyone is saying he is

He has 4 losses in the past 2 years of HS baseball. The only loss that wasn't a result of errors and unearned runs was vs Maud and they were legit.

Eat your crow like a man and move on!

He has 4 losses in the past 2 years of HS baseball. The only loss that wasn't a result of errors and unearned runs was vs Maud and they were legit.

Eat your crow like a man and move on!

Actually Duncan pitched against maud last year. His only loss not from errors would be Lovelady last year, where he only pitched 4 innings i believe and we were down 1 to 0 at that point.

141 K's in 62 innings pitched with an ERA of .68, pretty darn good if you ask me. On top of his pitching his batting average is .382 with 22 RBI's and 6 HR's and he has 12 stolen bases. If you were at the second game you saw his ability's in center field. A complete baseball player that any team would love to have. Do the stats mean anything in the playoffs??? Absolutely not,,,but folks on here talked about how good the JB hitters were 1-9 and he gave up only 2 hits while nursing a lower back strain. Gunnar is a battler, I'll keep my money on him.