Sat. game 2 @ 1pm Van

Game 3 to follow if nec.

Chester/Lovelady

Tues. game 1 @ 6 Lufkin

Fri. game 2 @ 6 TBD

Sat. game 3 @ 5 Lufkin

Regional Quarterfinals

Douglass 9 West Sabine 5

Good luck next week Cross Roads vs Overton, I hope I don't jinx him, but I'll be pullin for you Little Ty!!!

thx i'll tell him and tell jdbjr i enjoyed watching him play and will come to watch again next year. wherever that may be.

Wolfe city won third game to advance. Crossroads up on Maud 15 to 3 in game 3.

WC-Carlisle series was an amazing series. Great fight in both teams. Carlisle had Game 2 won, but couldn't hold the lead as WC scored three in the seventh to win.

Game 3 both teams were out of pitching, so it was just a lot of offense. Great games, though. Great fight in those young guys at Carlisle.

My only gripe is that WC dog-piled on the mound after Game 3. Guys, it's only the second round. Save that celebration for the state title game. Act like you've been there before. Every team wins playoffs every year, so just take it, high five, clap, whatever, and get ready for the next game/series. You'd thought they hadn't ever won a playoff game before. BTW, Cayuga needs to watch out for that No. 1. He's cocky and show boats. Nothing a bean ball in the first AB can't take care of.

Good luck to both WC and Cayuga as well as the other Region III teams that are standing. Represent East Texas well.

the kid who threw tonight looked better than slingshot IMO. sickest pickoff move i've seen in a while too. whenever the first kid is faced with a team that can hit solid 1-9 (overton, maud) he will get hit off the mound. or out from behind it, wherever he decides to throw from.

Thompson plays on the same select team as a couple of our Paris kids. Last summer I watched him throw a complete game two hit shutout against a highly ranked Dallas Tigers team. At the powerhouse of the south tournament at OK State University, he completely shut down a Missouri Yankee team that was 42-4 coming in. These teams are made up of highly touted big school kids. Thompson is human, and will give up some hits here and there, but I doubt if a line-up of 1A hitters (and I know that they are good) is going to intimidate him. Baseball is not about one player, it takes a team. The best team usually wins. Cayuga can carry themselves well against anybody. That does not mean they will always win, but the will compete. If healthy Thompson will give any team trouble. My opinion only, but the stats back them up.

Cross Roads/Overton

Game 1: Jacksonville -Thursday 6:30

Game 2: Jacksonville- Friday 6:30

Game 3: Jacksonville- Saturday 2:00 if needed

Evadale/Douglass

Thursday @ 6:30

Saturday @ 1:00 in Huntington

Cayuga/Wolfe City

Thurs. game 1 @ 6:30 Van

Sat. game 2 @ 1pm Van

Game 3 to follow if nec.

Chester/Lovelady

Tues. game 1 @ 6 Lufkin

Fri. game 2 @ 6 Central

Sat. game 3 @ 5 Lufkin

Regional Quarterfinals

Great week of baseball

Thompson plays on the same select team as a couple of our Paris kids. Last summer I watched him throw a complete game two hit shutout against a highly ranked Dallas Tigers team. At the powerhouse of the south tournament at OK State University, he completely shut down a Missouri Yankee team that was 42-4 coming in. These teams are made up of highly touted big school kids. Thompson is human, and will give up some hits here and there, but I doubt if a line-up of 1A hitters (and I know that they are good) is going to intimidate him. Baseball is not about one player, it takes a team. The best team usually wins. Cayuga can carry themselves well against anybody. That does not mean they will always win, but the will compete. If healthy Thompson will give any team trouble. My opinion only, but the stats back them up.

If Baseball is about the team and not an individual....then why keep talking about how great this individual is? jw...

Have seen "far better pitchers"??? Yet only managed 2 hits. Making contact and hitting the ball are two different things. They did get the bat on quite a few pitches but most were weak ground b-a-l-l-s. Gunnar didn't have his best stuff but managed to give up only 1 solid hit. Should be a good game tonight with the number "2's" on the mound.

Hmmm......1 solid hit? I wonder who hit that??? Caleb Stephens right?

Cross Roads/Overton

Evadale/Douglass

Thursday @ 6:30

Saturday @ 1:00 in Huntington

Cayuga/Wolfe City

Thurs. game 1 @ 6:30 Van

Sat. game 2 @ 1pm Van

Game 3 to follow if nec.

Chester/Lovelady

Tues. game 1 @ 6 Lufkin

Fri. game 2 @ 6 TBD

Sat. game 3 @ 5 Lufkin

Regional Quarterfinals

who yall got taking these games

ive got

CRossroads knocks off overton

Evadale knocks off douglass

wolfe city knocks off cayuga

Chester knocks off lovelady

WC-Carlisle series was an amazing series. Great fight in both teams. Carlisle had Game 2 won, but couldn't hold the lead as WC scored three in the seventh to win.

Game 3 both teams were out of pitching, so it was just a lot of offense. Great games, though. Great fight in those young guys at Carlisle.

My only gripe is that WC dog-piled on the mound after Game 3. Guys, it's only the second round. Save that celebration for the state title game. Act like you've been there before. Every team wins playoffs every year, so just take it, high five, clap, whatever, and get ready for the next game/series. You'd thought they hadn't ever won a playoff game before. BTW, Cayuga needs to watch out for that No. 1. He's cocky and show boats. Nothing a bean ball in the first AB can't take care of.

Good luck to both WC and Cayuga as well as the other Region III teams that are standing. Represent East Texas well.

k

Well all i have to say is that was the best series anyone could ask for. Sorry that Carlisle had to go home, but ive never seen a team with so much class and respect. Carlisle coaches and players, i have the upmost respect for you guys. But i find it really disrespectful to talk down upon a team for celebrating victory. Dont be a sore loser. Wolfe City earned that victory hands down. Carlisle has nothing but successful years coming in the next three years. Let the young men enjoy coming back from being a game down to win a big series, dont talk down upon them. And by the way, I think it is really mature to talk #### about a kid who just played his heart out, while you sat in your lawn chair on the sideline.I know that this is not one of the carlisle coaches or players who would post something like this, because they were very respectful. But unless you have something good to say about the kids, dont talke about them. Also, i bet that #1 would gladly take a bean ball, and put himself in scoring position, so thanks for the idea.

k

Well all i have to say is that was the best series anyone could ask for. Sorry that Carlisle had to go home, but ive never seen a team with so much class and respect. Carlisle coaches and players, i have the upmost respect for you guys. But i find it really disrespectful to talk down upon a team for celebrating victory. Dont be a sore loser. Wolfe City earned that victory hands down. Carlisle has nothing but successful years coming in the next three years. Let the young men enjoy coming back from being a game down to win a big series, dont talk down upon them. And by the way, I think it is really mature to talk #### about a kid who just played his heart out, while you sat in your lawn chair on the sideline.I know that this is not one of the carlisle coaches or players who would post something like this, because they were very respectful. But unless you have something good to say about the kids, dont talke about them. Also, i bet that #1 would gladly take a bean ball, and put himself in scoring position, so thanks for the idea.

Suggesting a beaning for a kid is low, and even lower when you have nothing at stake and the kid hasn't done anything to even remotely deserve one...

It was a great series. Carlisle was well prepared and well coach, as were the Wolves as always. Carlisle's young kids have a bright future. As stated above, they were very sportsman-like and fantastic kids. The coaches, admin, and parents have a lot to be proud of!

As for the celebration, so be it. It's big for them, and that's what counts. It's a kids game, let them be kids. WC has had round two jinx for the last two years, losing a state mandated one game series last year (swine flu) when they had more pitching than the opponent; and losing a close one two years ago with two of their best players injured, including the one that kept playing with broken fingers/thumb, which required surgery after the game.... so yeah, they are pretty excited.

Suggesting a beaning for a kid is low, and even lower when you have nothing at stake and the kid hasn't done anything to even remotely deserve one...

It was a great series. Carlisle was well prepared and well coach, as were the Wolves as always. Carlisle's young kids have a bright future. As stated above, they were very sportsman-like and fantastic kids. The coaches, admin, and parents have a lot to be proud of!

As for the celebration, so be it. It's big for them, and that's what counts. It's a kids game, let them be kids. WC has had round two jinx for the last two years, losing a state mandated one game series last year (swine flu) when they had more pitching than the opponent; and losing a close one two years ago with two of their best players injured, including the one that kept playing with broken fingers/thumb, which required surgery after the game.... so yeah, they are pretty excited.

Being a fiery and confident player sometimes gets missread by opposing teams as being cocky, our #1 is the same way. And as far as the celebrations, you are very correct, kids will be kids, let 'em enjoy their victories. Hope for a great injury free series with Cayuga coming out on top. See ya at the ball park.