CLASS 1A REGION 3 PLAYOFF THREAD

StorminNorman

Went to the game last night WC had several chances to win had base loaded couple times WC was flat and didnt throw their ace. Congrats to Carlisle and if the program was correct pitcher and catcher both Fresh. WOW they are going to be good for a while.

Game 2 pitcher is a freshman also. Carlisle has 2 seniors and I think 1 or 2 junior, lots of young talent on that team.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Baseball is about the team and not an individual....then why keep talking about how great this individual is? jw...

Maybe because you jealous kids and parents keep knocking him. He is a good christian boy who is a heck of a pitcher. I guess these days that will draw negativity from backwater type people. I have seen him pitch before, and for sure he is a talent. I have looked at him during a couple of showcases and his a very respectfull and non boasting type of kid. Why not be happy for and proud of the good kids instead of trying to drag them down?

WC-Carlisle series was an amazing series. Great fight in both teams. Carlisle had Game 2 won, but couldn't hold the lead as WC scored three in the seventh to win.

Game 3 both teams were out of pitching, so it was just a lot of offense. Great games, though. Great fight in those young guys at Carlisle.

My only gripe is that WC dog-piled on the mound after Game 3. Guys, it's only the second round. Save that celebration for the state title game. Act like you've been there before. Every team wins playoffs every year, so just take it, high five, clap, whatever, and get ready for the next game/series. You'd thought they hadn't ever won a playoff game before. BTW, Cayuga needs to watch out for that No. 1. He's cocky and show boats. Nothing a bean ball in the first AB can't take care of.

Good luck to both WC and Cayuga as well as the other Region III teams that are standing. Represent East Texas well.

What a disgrace. Beaning a kid because he’s good. If you only knew what this kid has over came to be the player he is you would be ashamed, well maybe you wouldn’t. As a seventh grader he had a ATV accident and nearly amputated his leg and lost his life. He laid in a bed for months being told he would never play any sports again. So get off this kid, he has every right to be confident in his game Especially when you hit a Grand Slam to start the scoring in what could be your last game. WC played their tails off this weekend and so did Carlisle; they deserve to be kids and enjoy a victory.

141 K's in 62 innings pitched with an ERA of .68, pretty darn good if you ask me. On top of his pitching his batting average is .382 with 22 RBI's and 6 HR's and he has 12 stolen bases. If you were at the second game you saw his ability's in center field. A complete baseball player that any team would love to have. Do the stats mean anything in the playoffs??? Absolutely not,,,but folks on here talked about how good the JB hitters were 1-9 and he gave up only 2 hits while nursing a lower back strain. Gunnar is a battler, I'll keep my money on him.

nobody said how good our lineup was 1-9, anyone around will say that some struggle at times. we did say some would be able to handle them and they did. even without the two hits, we still put pressure on the D who gave up errors. the kid was good but i didnt look at him in awe like shead or kennedy; those guys were stand outs. i look at the gunnar kid and say to myself he is good, but i dont have him marked as a prodigy like everyone else is talking up. I am not trying to say he is a bad or below average pitcher because trust me, Bowie would take him any day. Thats just my opinion and if you don't like it, darn, if you agree, okay, i don't really care either way. i posted my opinion and i'm sticking with it.

nobody said how good our lineup was 1-9, anyone around will say that some struggle at times. we did say some would be able to handle them and they did. even without the two hits, we still put pressure on the D who gave up errors. the kid was good but i didnt look at him in awe like shead or kennedy; those guys were stand outs. i look at the gunnar kid and say to myself he is good, but i dont have him marked as a prodigy like everyone else is talking up. I am not trying to say he is a bad or below average pitcher because trust me, Bowie would take him any day. Thats just my opinion and if you don't like it, darn, if you agree, okay, i don't really care either way. i posted my opinion and i'm sticking with it.

You watch a kid who is in pain, and maybe at 50% dominate your playoff team. 2 hits, 12 strikeouts and you still think he is overrated? Jerk. First team all-state as a sophmore. I have not heard anyone say he is to be looked at in awe, but even at 50% he was the best pitcher your bunch has faced. At full speed, your guys would not have gotten even a foul ball. I know him and his parents well, and they are the salt of the earth. They would never talk about other kids the way you do. I hope you are kids, because if not, you have serious mental defects.

What a disgrace. Beaning a kid because he's good. If you only knew what this kid has over came to be the player he is you would be ashamed, well maybe you wouldn't. As a seventh grader he had a ATV accident and nearly amputated his leg and lost his life. He laid in a bed for months being told he would never play any sports again. So get off this kid, he has every right to be confident in his game Especially when you hit a Grand Slam to start the scoring in what could be your last game. WC played their tails off this weekend and so did Carlisle; they deserve to be kids and enjoy a victory.

You are wasting your breath friend. Some of these people get off on knocking good kids. Maybe to make them feel better about themselves or their kids lack of ability. Your guys had every right to be happy and celabrate their win. I know the players and coaches from Cayuga have much respect for you guys and look foward to some good games.

You watch a kid who is in pain, and maybe at 50% dominate your playoff team. 2 hits, 12 strikeouts and you still think he is overrated? Jerk. First team all-state as a sophmore. I have not heard anyone say he is to be looked at in awe, but even at 50% he was the best pitcher your bunch has faced. At full speed, your guys would not have gotten even a foul ball. I know him and his parents well, and they are the salt of the earth. They would never talk about other kids the way you do. I hope you are kids, because if not, you have serious mental defects.

I talked at length to many of the JB fans who were at the game, and I assure you that most of them are warm hearted kind, and had nothing but praise for Thompson. I really think these people that are so ignorant in their comments here are bothered that Gunnar is so secure in his faith. I think his praying between innings really bother them. There are after all evil people in this world. Keep up the good work Gunnar, and I hope we (CR)get to meet you guys again down the road. Two special teams. B-NUT

When the offense is a little off, the defense picks them up. When they are making errors, their offense can really bomb you. All of their pitchers keep them in the games. That is a good combination. Cayuga is a different team every time you see them. Lots of power in that lineup. I like their chances. The kid Duncan is one heck of an athlete.

When the offense is a little off, the defense picks them up. When they are making errors, their offense can really bomb you. All of their pitchers keep them in the games. That is a good combination. Cayuga is a different team every time you see them. Lots of power in that lineup. I like their chances. The kid Duncan is one heck of an athlete.

Hit the nail on the head with that statement. One minute they're making a play that makes you go "WOW," the next play you're going "WHAT????." If their defense plays like they're capable they have a good shot at the three peat. Of course at this stage of the game it mostly comes down to D. And yes, Billy Duncan is one heck of an athlete, all-state football, all-state basketball, and most likely will be all-state in baseball.

Hit the nail on the head with that statement. One minute they're making a play that makes you go "WOW," the next play you're going "WHAT????." If their defense plays like they're capable they have a good shot at the three peat. Of course at this stage of the game it mostly comes down to D. And yes, Billy Duncan is one heck of an athlete, all-state football, all-state basketball, and most likely will be all-state in baseball.

You are very right, Duncan is a really good athlete, also has a baseball scholy and football one two!! Baseballnut, i enjoy reading your post, nothing but respect for everyone, and it would be nice for yet another rematch, just to show these people who say Yuga's in a WEAK district. Good Luck with Overton this week..

You are wasting your breath friend. Some of these people get off on knocking good kids. Maybe to make them feel better about themselves or their kids lack of ability. Your guys had every right to be happy and celabrate their win. I know the players and coaches from Cayuga have much respect for you guys and look foward to some good games.

I never said he wasn't good. He was real good. I just said he was cocky. That's all. WC is a good team and that was a hell of a series. Good luck to WC going forward and good luck to Carlisle in the next couple of years. Both teams are classy. Both coaching staffs are classy and the fans were classy. It was a great series and one I didn't mind seeing.

I talked at length to many of the JB fans who were at the game, and I assure you that most of them are warm hearted kind, and had nothing but praise for Thompson. I really think these people that are so ignorant in their comments here are bothered that Gunnar is so secure in his faith. I think his praying between innings really bother them. There are after all evil people in this world. Keep up the good work Gunnar, and I hope we (CR)get to meet you guys again down the road. Two special teams. B-NUT

I can't speak for anyone else from JB, their opinion is their opinion. BUT, I can assure you that Gunnar's praying between innings doesn't bother anyone from James Bowie.

WC-Carlisle series was an amazing series. Great fight in both teams. Carlisle had Game 2 won, but couldn't hold the lead as WC scored three in the seventh to win.

Game 3 both teams were out of pitching, so it was just a lot of offense. Great games, though. Great fight in those young guys at Carlisle.

My only gripe is that WC dog-piled on the mound after Game 3. Guys, it's only the second round. Save that celebration for the state title game. Act like you've been there before. Every team wins playoffs every year, so just take it, high five, clap, whatever, and get ready for the next game/series. You'd thought they hadn't ever won a playoff game before. BTW, Cayuga needs to watch out for that No. 1. He's cocky and show boats. Nothing a bean ball in the first AB can't take care of.

Good luck to both WC and Cayuga as well as the other Region III teams that are standing. Represent East Texas well.

For your information that was the first playoff series win in recent years.....

Cross Roads/Overton

Evadale/Douglass

Thursday @ 6:30

Saturday @ 1:00 in Huntington

Cayuga/Wolfe City

Thurs. game 1 @ 6:30 Van

Sat. game 2 @ 1pm Van

Game 3 to follow if nec.

Chester/Lovelady

Tues. game 1 @ 6 Lufkin

Fri. game 2 @ 6 TBD

Sat. game 3 @ 5 Lufkin

Regional Quarterfinals

who yall got taking these games

ive got

CRossroads knocks off overton

Evadale knocks off douglass

wolfe city knocks off cayuga

Chester knocks off lovelady

i'll take overton, douglass, cayuga, and lovelady to win their series. everyone better look out for lovelady. they are no joke and i believe they had a move in that made them even better than last year. you can't buy experience. there is a certain amount of wisdom and fire that comes with it. at this point in the playoffs, you better come to play or you will get spanked!

oh so the praying bothered the warm hearted bowie fans? the warm hearted, nice people you talked to were bother by prayer? hmm...

Easy noregrets,,,read the post again. He is indicating he does NOT believe it is the Bowie players or fans.

I never said he wasn't good. He was real good. I just said he was cocky. That's all. WC is a good team and that was a hell of a series. Good luck to WC going forward and good luck to Carlisle in the next couple of years. Both teams are classy. Both coaching staffs are classy and the fans were classy. It was a great series and one I didn't mind seeing.

OHHH I see. So bean him in his first at bat, because he is good. Right? Thats disrespectful.

I think Lovelady is a very dangerous team. All of the teams at this point are excellent, and have reached this point for a reason. Lovelady has very solid hitting, and have great pitching and defense to go with it. I wouldn't be shocked to see Lovelady make a run to the Regional Finals.

I think Lovelady is a very dangerous team. All of the teams at this point are excellent, and have reached this point for a reason. Lovelady has very solid hitting, and have great pitching and defense to go with it. I wouldn't be shocked to see Lovelady make a run to the Regional Finals.

I don't see Lovelady getting past Chester this week. :bye:

Don't know how everyone else feels about overton, but saw overton beat a very good harleton team, then in a warm up game against another power house 2A team white oak they also won. Think at that time both of these teams were ranked in the top 5 in 2A. Haven't seen where any of the other teams in the playoffs have beaten teams with as much talent as white oak and harleton. pretty easy round in the first round for overton, next with crossroads will be tougher, saw crossroads play, they are a talented bunch, but don't think they are as good as white oak or harleton, so will have to say the road to state has to go thru overton.