CLASS 1A REGION 3 PLAYOFF THREAD

StorminNorman

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may match up pretty even 2 and 3 starters, but the 1's are not even close. No disrespect is intended but Thompson is one of the better lefties in the state, all classifications. Texas Travel Ball has him as the fifth overall junior in the state. As far as him being on his game, or off his game is a matter of a 16 k game or a 19 k game. I do think Bowie matches up well with Cayuga, it will be interesting. If Gunnar is healthy (I heard he did not pitch in their warm up game) he is extremely tough, not unbeatable but extremely tough.

Sounds about like the K's for our lefty... :thumbsup: I'm thinking that ALL pitchers are gonna match-up nicely. This will be a good series... :coolball: :pirate:

Wow, that's a long way for North Hopkins to drive, isn't it? I would think they'd meet somewhere a little farther west, but maybe there was not a place available.

It should take both teams about the same amount of time to get to New Diana. And, yes I believe it was difficult to find a location further west.

Sounds about like the K's for our lefty... :thumbsup: I'm thinking that ALL pitchers are gonna match-up nicely. This will be a good series... :coolball: :pirate:

I dont know about that...whenever campbell gets on the mound...it wont be a match at all. Thats what his dad said anyways

You shouldn't underestimate the JB batters so much...

Pretty much exactly like I thought it would go, Cayuga hit the ball, and Bowie struggled with Thompson. Not sure why Bowie would pitch their number 1 (Reese?) against Thompson, but hey, he was a really good pitcher, and we got the win. Nasty curve ball from that kid. Thompson was not 100%, his fastball was noticably slower than in other games, but he still pitched a great game. Should be a good game tonight with the number 2's pitching.

Pretty much exactly like I thought it would go, Cayuga hit the ball, and Bowie struggled with Thompson. Not sure why Bowie would pitch their number 1 (Reese?) against Thompson, but hey, he was a really good pitcher, and we got the win. Nasty curve ball from that kid. Thompson was not 100%, his fastball was noticably slower than in other games, but he still pitched a great game. Should be a good game tonight with the number 2's pitching.

I think the weather was a concern for pitching Reace in Game 1. Would look foolish if he didn't pitch game 1 and Games 2 & 3 were rained out. Today's a new day though and Burks will be throwing. He is more like a 1A than a #2 pitcher.

It was a good game, but the JB bats WERE working....just going straight to the Cayuga defense. Some simple errors gave several runs to the Wildcats. Thompson was bringing the heat, but seemed to be getting a little tired towards the end, as he was throwing a bit more wild....BUT, he got the ball where he needed to get it, when he needed to get it there. Watching for another good game tonight....hopefully 2 good games! Go Pirates!

It was a good game, but the JB bats WERE working....just going straight to the Cayuga defense. Some simple errors gave several runs to the Wildcats. Thompson was bringing the heat, but seemed to be getting a little tired towards the end, as he was throwing a bit more wild....BUT, he got the ball where he needed to get it, when he needed to get it there. Watching for another good game tonight....hopefully 2 good games! Go Pirates!

Didn't say they were not working, just said they struggled with him. Not sure how many k's he had, but it was definitely not as high as usual for him, give credit to Bowie for making contact with the ball. I said before that Bowie would get a couple of hits against him, and I think he only gave up two or three last night. Tonights game should be a good one then, we also have a 1A pitching tonight, and a couple of others ready just in case.

GAme 1 Thursday 630 at Van

any thoughts on the Carlisle/ Wolfe City series?

Went to the game last night WC had several chances to win had base loaded couple times WC was flat and didnt throw their ace. Congrats to Carlisle and if the program was correct pitcher and catcher both Fresh. WOW they are going to be good for a while.

Didn't say they were not working, just said they struggled with him. Not sure how many k's he had, but it was definitely not as high as usual for him, give credit to Bowie for making contact with the ball. I said before that Bowie would get a couple of hits against him, and I think he only gave up two or three last night. Tonights game should be a good one then, we also have a 1A pitching tonight, and a couple of others ready just in case.

From what i can tell Bowie didnt struggle at hitting the ball. Nearly every kid made contact. Bowie has seen far better pitchers prior to the game last night. "Tommy Gun's" fastball was strait and his curve was sloppy all the way into the dirt which hopped right past their catcher nearly every time. :bounce: If Bowie comes out and wins the hustle battle tonight, plays the game like it should be played, takes what Cayuga gives them, and gets it in their heads that if they lose they're out, I guarantee they'll come together and get over that hump.

Sharpen the NAILS pirates and drive em deep! :bangin:

From what i can tell Bowie didnt struggle at hitting the ball. Nearly every kid made contact. Bowie has seen far better pitchers prior to the game last night. "Tommy Gun's" fastball was strait and his curve was sloppy all the way into the dirt which hopped right past their catcher nearly every time. :bounce: If Bowie comes out and wins the hustle battle tonight, plays the game like it should be played, takes what Cayuga gives them, and gets it in their heads that if they lose they're out, I guarantee they'll come together and get over that hump.

Have seen "far better pitchers"??? Yet only managed 2 hits. Making contact and hitting the ball are two different things. They did get the bat on quite a few pitches but most were weak ground b-a-l-l-s. Gunnar didn't have his best stuff but managed to give up only 1 solid hit. Should be a good game tonight with the number "2's" on the mound.

Either way, no one from JB was "blown away" like someone tried to say. Errors killed the Pirates last night, not Cayuga. Today is a new day, and new game. Good Luck teams... :coolball:

Not sure where you read the "blown away" part but you are correct. Take away all the errors, including Cayuga's, and the game would've been 3 or 4 to 0. Good luck for an injury free game with Cayuga hopefully moving on to the next round.

Due to a pretty bad lower back sprain, Thompson was not even supposed to be up and around, yet he managed to pitch a complete game with 12 k's, 2 hits and had a shutout untill the 6th inning. He had maybe 50% of his stuff. And for your info doophus, a good curve ball hits in the dirt, and your guys were swinging at them, so that tells me they looked good. Probably worst game ever for Gunnar, and he still looks fairly good. Your team has a lot of class, but you have none. You are a jerk. Kid pitching in pain and you try and knock him. Grow up. The Bowie people at the game all seemed very nice and respectfull. You can't be one of them.

That'd be on page 7 of this thread, posted by "skinnydippin". 2nd post from the bottom...

Got it, I can't remeber what I had for breakfast so I certainly didn't remember that. Your boys did battle at the plate against Gunnar a lot better than I thought they would, got to give 'em credit for that,,,but, 2 hits is 2 hits. See ya at the game. Might eat sum crow tomorrow but I think Jimmy will give up only a few hits tonight also. Yuga 6-2 to finish it out.