Pine Tree baseball

tntcoach

PT isn't out of the playoff race. They are currently tied for fourth place. And only a half game behind Marshall for third I believe.

13-4A is no walk in the park. That's for sure. Lots of good baseball.

Just to stop all the rumors, I am retiring at the end of this season. 28 years is a long time to be a head baseball coach, and I feel it is time to hang up the uni for good. No one is forcing me to retire, in fact, Coach Chancellor tried to talk me into staying. But now, for the first time in a long while, I can be the Husband and Father God wants me to be. I am thankful for all the relationships I have had over all the years. Those relationships will never end. Thanks also for the kids who allowed me to stay in the game I love so much. Hopefully I have helped you in some way to be good husbands and fathers.

Your in Christ,

Coach Steve Marrs

Just to stop all the rumors, I am retiring at the end of this season. 28 years is a long time to be a head baseball coach, and I feel it is time to hang up the uni for good. No one is forcing me to retire, in fact, Coach Chancellor tried to talk me into staying. But now, for the first time in a long while, I can be the Husband and Father God wants me to be. I am thankful for all the relationships I have had over all the years. Those relationships will never end. Thanks also for the kids who allowed me to stay in the game I love so much. Hopefully I have helped you in some way to be good husbands and fathers.

Your in Christ,

Coach Steve Marrs

Thanks for the input coach..

Good luck in your new life after baseball..

Is Lee Berry still an assistant at PT? I think he would do a great job. If he is still there, he would ber a good choice. He knows the game, kids and town. He could provide stability during a transition that can sometimes be hard for kids to handle. Congrats on the retirement Coach Marrs.

Your in Christ,

Coach Steve Marrs

Steve,

Congrats on a tremendous career and the impact you've had on many student-athletes.

Also, thank you for always being so hospitable when I was covering your teams, especially early-on when I was in television.

Whether you ever get back into coaching or not---I wish you the very best.

Smoaky

Your in Christ,

Coach Steve Marrs

What a wonderful statement of faith when a man publicly acknowledges he wants to be the husband and father that God wants him to be. Congratulations to you and I'll pray that God grants that for you!

There are 2 assistants on staff, Lee Berry and John Roberts that have both been there for 3-4 years and would be great fits for the program. Good luck to whoever gets it and hopefully there will be a seemless transition for the kids. Good luck Coach Marrs, I only worked with you for a short time, but always knew where you stood and that you were a stand-up guy that lived for Christ and was not scared to share that.

-Coach Morrow

Your in Christ,

Coach Steve Marrs

From an old ND alum, congrats on your retirement! I always enjoyed our games!

Coach Marrs,

Congratulations on a great career. You were a wonderful influence on many young men and their families in Gladewater. Thanks for what you did for our son, our school, baseball program and our community. We had a great four years and many good memories. Enjoy your time with your family.

God Bless,

Parents of # 44

Your in Christ,

Coach Steve Marrs

Coach

I umpired many games for you over the years, from Gilmer to Hughes Springs to Harleton to Pine Tree. And always enjoyed the relationship we had. You set the good examples that everyone appreciates. High School Baseball in East Texas will miss you. And as we talked about several times, that other old umpire and I are retiring from working high school games after this year, just like you are. I am sure we will see you at the local ballparks though. Good luck to you and yours!

MR

Coach Marrs,

You have enjoyed many accomplishments and successes in baseball, but I also want to recognize your contributions in the classroom. My kids have thoroughly enjoyed your classes and have spoken very highly and fondly of you. Thank you and best wishes in the future.

Thanks for all the nice things being said. Like I said earlier, I have been so blessed. I actually got paid to spend my time on the ballfield or in the classroom with bright young minds. And now I'll be able to spend more time with my sons and my grandchildren. I know I won't be sitting around doing nothing---- that would probably drive me crazy. But I have some great options to keep me busy. The nicest E-mail I got was from a Dad of one of the guys I've coached against the last couple of years. It was really touching. Thanks again for all the nice thoughts and wishes. Remember, even though I'm not coaching, I'm not dead!! LOL

Coach Steve Marrs

it's hard to believe your gonna hang em up man. i guess it's time though. i enjoyed the time we worked together my friend. hopefully the next chapter of your life will be as much fun as the last one....and thanks for teaching me how to coach this game.

good luck