Who's next at Cayuga?

Guest bulldog_467

Guest bulldog_467

Now that Allison is leaving and we all will miss him and wish him well. Any ideas who might be the next AD and head football coach at Cayuga?

Now that Allison is leaving and we all will miss him and wish him well. Any ideas who might be the next AD and head football coach at Cayuga?

I haven't received an update on the school board meeting on Monday evening, but I would be surprised if Greg Jenkins isn't given the opportunity to be promoted.

Unfortunately, he'll have to hire a basketball coach...but what a way to go out if he takes over in football than with the state championship.

David Smoak

I haven't received an update on the school board meeting on Monday evening, but I would be surprised if Greg Jenkins isn't given the opportunity to be promoted.

Unfortunately, he'll have to hire a basketball coach...but what a way to go out if he takes over in football than with the state championship.

David Smoak

We've got a couple more state championships to win in basketball before he can move on, or up!! :thumbsup:

David Smoak

I would love to see Coach Jenkins move up and take over for Coach Allison. I personally believe that if he was promoted, he would be one of the old school coaches that stayed here for a long time. He also has a huge passion for the school and for the kids here. As for the basketball coach, Coach Holden would be able to step right into Coach Jenkin's position, and maybe Coach Jenkins could be assistant, who knows?

My two cents.

I would love to see Coach Jenkins move up and take over for Coach Allison. I personally believe that if he was promoted, he would be one of the old school coaches that stayed here for a long time. He also has a huge passion for the school and for the kids here. As for the basketball coach, Coach Holden would be able to step right into Coach Jenkin's position, and maybe Coach Jenkins could be assistant, who knows?

My two cents.

Greg Jenkins is ideal for the job....came in and doubled cayuga's b-ball win total ever year....and topped it off with a state championship...I Know he's reading this...But Greg Your ready for this position...You are one of the best defensive minded coaches I've ever seen and all Allison did was display your talent...If offered Greg Jenkins...TAKE THE POSITION...Nice to have A Cayuha Alumni head the program....!!! In house is always better!!!!

I second the nomination of Greg Jenkins.... This guy is a great coach but even more importantly he is a great man... I know the kids may not respect anyone more than they do him... He brings intensity and passion to the field or court or wherever he is...

The lasting image I have in my head from the State Title game in football was Coach Jenkins in tears...

Coach, I hope you know how much I respect you and what I think of you, and if there is a man that can step in for Coach Allison, I think you are the man for the job...

Surely Jenkins is the first choice here.... Right?

I second the nomination of Greg Jenkins.... This guy is a great coach but even more importantly he is a great man... I know the kids may not respect anyone more than they do him... He brings intensity and passion to the field or court or wherever he is...

The lasting image I have in my head from the State Title game in football was Coach Jenkins in tears...

Coach, I hope you know how much I respect you and what I think of you, and if there is a man that can step in for Coach Allison, I think you are the man for the job...

Surely Jenkins is the first choice here.... Right?

Word is they're opening the job to in house first. Think that's gotta put Greg as front runner. Everything everyone said on here about him is right on the money. What I like most is Greg makes the fans feel like part of the team.

Guest bulldog_467
Word is they're opening the job to in house first. Think that's gotta put Greg as front runner. Everything everyone said on here about him is right on the money. What I like most is Greg makes the fans feel like part of the team.

Does Jenkins have more coaching experience than the other coaches? Or would his advantage be that he's a hometown boy and they won't be looking to hire someone else until he retires?

Here we go again. Bulldog, we all know how you feel about Jenkins. You have more than made that clear on this site. My kid played for him and at the time he did'nt appreciate his style. He told me the other day, Dad I now get Coach Jenkins and what he stands for. He had to get a job and enter the real world before it set in. Best thing about Greg in my opinion is he could care the less about what others think, good or bad, he loves his job and the kids. The kids that work will love him, and the kids that dont will whine just like my boy did.

Does Jenkins have more coaching experience than the other coaches? Or would his advantage be that he's a hometown boy and they won't be looking to hire someone else until he retires?

Probably not more coaching experience in terms of years, but probably has a better resume than anyone out there could put together. Lets see, coaching in two state championship football games, 4 straight years regional in basketball, with a state championship, has the respect and support of everyone that he works with, including the kids, staff, and administration. Don't know about the hometown boy thing, sounds to me like you got a problem with him, because on paper, it sure seems like a pretty good applicant in my opinion. If you are worried about one of the other coaches wanting the job, I talked with one, and he said they are all 100% behind Jenkins. So do you have a legit concern, or do you have a problem with him personally? It sure does sound like the latter.

patton said, "you do what's right and hell with the consequences." i like that in a coach. if you do right by the kids, and prepare them for not just sports but for the real world, that's the only thing that matters.

I love this philosophy, and tried to live and work by it. Trouble is few parents and hardly any school boards believe in it. So if you live by it be prepared for the consequences, because they will be in your future.