It's Grilling Time! Favorite Grill Recipes

Stoney

Steaks marinated for a few hours in Dale's all purpose seasoning. I've grilled steaks 2 Sundays in a row since I replaced all the insides of my grill. Sure is good stuff. I love spring time in East Texas.

In my humble opinion I believe that both ribs and brisket should be smoked. Not grilled. My ribs are slow smoked for several hours wrapped in foil in the smoker, then I will finish them off on the grill sometimes. If I grill them after the smoker I grill them high hot and fast. Smoked for several hours and then grilled they are fall off the bone tender, but the high fast grill will give them that crispy "skin" that I love. Oh man, I may have to take some out of the freezer this evening. ummh.

Now for a brisket it has to be slow smoked. Nothing better. Oh my god. Guess what is on the menu for this weekend. I am going to make ribs and brisket and all the fixings and have Mom over. Well gotta start my list. Later.

I agree with Locutas and Parentofredheads, ribs and brisket were meant to be smoked first then put on the grill for extra hickory or mesquite flavoring. I prefer mesquite myself.

The only things that I grill are Steak, chicken, fish in foil (wrapped in foil with 8 minutes with the foil acting as a basket to get the smoke), escargot in butter (see before), oysters in the shell, bell peppers, zuccini, squash, jalepenos, sausage, hot dogs, and hamburgers. I always wanted to try pizza, but I'm afraid of the mess.

This is the best thing to try :

Take 10-15 good sized jalepeno's and split them, devein the jalepeno's (if you like heat leave in a few seeds to your preference), a half cup of cheddar cheese, and a half a bar of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. I like to add chicken or shrimp to it, but it's not necessary. Wrap the jalepeno's with bacon, and use tooth picks to seal. I use aluminum foil under the peppers at first because of the cheddar cheese melting out. After about 10 minutes move the peppers to the grill for grill marks. They are the perfect appetizer. This recipe is only good for 2 people in my opinion, but I love jalepeno's.

Maird... a grill with gas/propane/smoker..... oh, lovely... this little item is getting expensive!!!!!!!!

Which should I buy first... a grill or a treadmill... LOL!

Edited to add: Never mind, I just made up my mind... I forgot hubby mowed the pasture that I like to walk in...

GRILL IT IS!!!!!!!!!

gonna sneak that big boy home VERY SOON!!!!!!!!

On my gas grill, I will cut squash or juchinni (sp) from my garden length wise, thin as possible. I will brush on a mixture of olive oil and cajun seasoning. Cook them til they are a a little black on the edges. They are so good. If your garden is prolific with those two, and your family gets tired of fried, or stewd squash, this is a different way to have them.

• 3 weeks later...
Steaks marinated for a few hours in Dale's all purpose seasoning. I've grilled steaks 2 Sundays in a row since I replaced all the insides of my grill. Sure is good stuff. I love spring time in East Texas.

I see that you use your grill as much as we do ours. I had to replace the guts of mine too. We use it at least twice a week. It's paid for itself many times over. I made my own fresh brats a few weeks back and man are those good. I also did some Italian sausage with deer and pork mixed - with my wife's homemade pasta - that's some good stuff! But I don't cook them on the grill. I guess we could. I think I'll go throw some brats on now, make some homemade jalapeno-mustard and pile on some Kraut!! The Italian sausage is also good cooked in kraut. Ok now I'm drooling like Homer Simpson. :homer:

Take 10-15 good sized jalepeno's and split them, devein the jalepeno's (if you like heat leave in a few seeds to your preference), a half cup of cheddar cheese, and a half a bar of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. I like to add chicken or shrimp to it, but it's not necessary. Wrap the jalepeno's with bacon, and use tooth picks to seal. I use aluminum foil under the peppers at first because of the cheddar cheese melting out. After about 10 minutes move the peppers to the grill for grill marks. They are the perfect appetizer. This recipe is only good for 2 people in my opinion, but I love jalepeno's.

My son and I love to make those. If we are in a hurry, the pre-seasoned fajita meat works okay. I prefer to cook a good sirloin first and then cut them. I found a similar recipe on a friends website (sucklebusters.com) and he calls them "Atomic Buffalo T*rds". Nothing like making those at a church chili cook-off and having people ask you what they are called.

My son and I love to make those. If we are in a hurry, the pre-seasoned fajita meat works okay. I prefer to cook a good sirloin first and then cut them. I found a similar recipe on a friends website (sucklebusters.com) and he calls them "Atomic Buffalo T*rds". Nothing like making those at a church chili cook-off and having people ask you what they are called.

That's how I prepare dove , but no cheddar only cream cheese and with a sliver of onion.

In my humble opinion I believe that both ribs and brisket should be smoked. Not grilled. My ribs are slow smoked for several hours wrapped in foil in the smoker, then I will finish them off on the grill sometimes. If I grill them after the smoker I grill them high hot and fast. Smoked for several hours and then grilled they are fall off the bone tender, but the high fast grill will give them that crispy "skin" that I love. Oh man, I may have to take some out of the freezer this evening. ummh.

Now for a brisket it has to be slow smoked. Nothing better. Oh my god. Guess what is on the menu for this weekend. I am going to make ribs and brisket and all the fixings and have Mom over. Well gotta start my list. Later.

Your gonna think I am #### Locutus but, the best ribs I ever had we had after a crawfish boil that day for lunch...after boiling the crawfish my girlfriend at the times dad placed a slab of ribs into the pot and let them boil for a few minutes, then took them out until later that night and grilled them....MAN ALIVE those were some amazing ribs....

On a side note we also boiled some boudin in that pot and that was the best boudin I have ever had...spicy and moist rice....WHHHOOOOOO gotta run the the grocery store now

• 1 month later...

Pork Roast on the grill

1 pork loin (not pork tenderloin)

2 of the large styrofoam containers of baby bella mushrooms

1 diced onion

1 package baby carrots

small red potatoes cut in halves or quarters

1 package smoked saugsage

1 bottle of Tony Chacheros? butter and jalapeno injectible marinade or your favorite injectible

Prepare you pork loin by injecting with marinade and then rub down with you fav dry season then place directly over HOT fire and sear all sides to hold in marinade and get the "grill" flavor. Once seared remove and place in alluminum pan. Pour remaining marinade over loin and add potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, and onions. Completely cover with foil and place back on grill for 1 hour. After 1 hour remove foil and add smoked sausage links (I prefer Zumos sausage for this meal). Cover once more and cook for another 45-60 minutes.

The smoked sausage will cook and all the drippings from the sausage flavor the vegatables and helps to keep moisture throughout everthing inside. Plus it adds another nice side to your meal.

I have prepared this and served it in hospitality rooms for coaches and umpires/refs and they absolutley loveit plus it is my families favorite of my cooking.

So is that about a 4-6 pound pork loin?

I think I'll try this next time I cook at the camp. That Tony's Butter and Jalapeno marinade is pretty good stuff - I use it or the Roasted Garlic one on just about everything. :thumbsup:

I can't stand the smell of cooking oil in the house. So in addition to the normal steak, chicken, fish trifecta on the grill....I use the grill's side burner to fry whatever needs to be fried. For some reason it's easier for me to fry over the propane. I don't know if it's because the heat is more even or what, but I'm able to keep the oil at the right temp for longer periods.

Um ok, I can't give you the specific size's of what to mix in but I make Italian chicken that everyone seems to love. If you want to make it quick, just get some Italian dressing but that's the easy way out and it won't taste the same.

Ingrediants:

Olive oil, I like Berratoli's extra virgin.

White vinager

Paparika

Garlic, it's better if you get diced garlic instead of powder but powder works fine

Lemon Juice, I cut up a couple big Lemons and squeeze that into the marinade for freshness

Sugar, Just a little bit to taste

Salt and Pepper, again to taste

Butter

Your going to want to marinade your chickin in the mix in the fridge over night and then baste it on the chicken as your grilling it. It's really good at the end if you just put the lid down on your grill to smoke it for a second.

You'll use pretty much your whole bottle of olive oil. That is if you get a small bottle. Then you put the white vinager in to taste. Don't make it too sower or you'll be adding alot of sugar. Sprinkle in your paparika and put in the garlic to taste. Squeeze enough lemon juice to taste, again don't make it too sower. Add your sugar to taste and by that I mean when you taste the marinade, your looking for the acidic bite of the acids from the vinager and lemon juice but not so much the sower. Melt about a fourth of a stick of butter and add that. Add your salt and pepper and taste your mix to see if its to your liking. Again, marinade over night and baste while your grilling.

Ok.....

I am in agreement with most here on the "ribs are better slow smoked" debate, however here is a really good rib recipe for those that don't have an actuall smoker and have to cook directly over the charcoal or gas.

2 racks baby back ribs

dry rub (I use a mixture of TexJoy mesquite shake and Fiesta brand Uncle Kris' gourmet steak season and a little crushed red pepper)

brown sugar

Grilling surface should be hot 350+

Apply dry rub generously to both sides of ribs

Place rib racks bone side up directly over heat and let sear/cook for 20 minutes then turn to bone side down for additional 20 minutes. At this point the rib bones should start to blacken and protrude from the meat.

Remove ribs from grill. Lay out a large enough sheet of foil to completely wrap both racks of ribs stacked on top of each other. Generously apply brown sugar (lots of brown sugar) to ribs bone down stacked one on top of the other. I cannot stress the importance of having plenty brown sugar in between the racks and on top of the top rack. Double wrap the ribs in foil and place back on the grill for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2hrs. When you open the foil the ribs should still be firm enough to cut apart but the meat should be tender enough to fall off the bone.

Oh I forgot that you need to re-apply your dry rub before you apply the brown sugar but dont go as heavy this time as you did before searing.

These ribs have very little smoke but are still excellent. Try it and let me know what you think.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 poundes of wild hog chitrlins

2 cups appel cyder vinger

2 cups corn meel

1 4oz lemon juce

7 tabel spoons Tony Chacheres cajun spice

1/5 cup tabasco

Mix the juce n viniger ncorn meal into a hot sawce pan then marinat the wil hog meat 4 hours.

Mix with hog inerds and cook in covered cast iron pot for 9 hours. Let kuul for 20 minuts. Ad tabasco .Thatsit.

2 poundes of wild hog chitrlins

2 cups appel cyder vinger

2 cups corn meel

1 4oz lemon juce

7 tabel spoons Tony Chacheres cajun spice

1/5 cup tobasco

Mix the juce n viniger ncorn meal into a hot sawce pan then marinat the wil hog meat 4 hours.

Mix with hog inerds and cook in covered cast iron pot for 9 hours. Let kuul for 20 minuts. Ad tobasco.Thatsit.

Doomer i like hot food as much as most everyone but that looks even too hot for me even.

• 10 years later...