Longview OC Baugh is Gladewater's AD/Football Coach

Smoaky

I do know there are three Longview coaches who will be joining Baugh's staff at Gladewater.

Asst. Head Coach John Berry is going to Gladewater, so is Barry Lindsey, who coached TE's at Longview and will most likely be the head baseball coach, and Chris Langford will also be coming.

Smoaky

Good for Lindsey.... a loyal former Lobo and will finally get his opp. as head coach of baseball....

My nieghbor is on the team. He said Coach Baugh told them in a round about way it will be HIS way or the highway. Thats what they need a good swift kick in the (well you know).

I do know there are three Longview coaches who will be joining Baugh's staff at Gladewater.

Asst. Head Coach John Berry is going to Gladewater, so is Barry Lindsey, who coached TE's at Longview and will most likely be the head baseball coach, and Chris Langford will also be coming.

Smoaky

That stinks for Longview... :no:

King will reload his staff with Monroe, La coaches. LOL. Good luck to the Bears.

I'm not sure if you were taking a pot-shot at John King's coaching tree, but other than the lack of a state championship game win, he's kicked a lot of butt since taking over for Pat Collins.

King, Collins, Vallery, all from Louisiana, and Outlaw from Arkansas, have done very well in this area and in my opinion have helped in raising the level of competition and play throughout East Texas.

David Smoak

I have alot of faith in Coach King and the program he has put in place......but I know that his assistant coaches around him play a big role in the success, I really hope this isn't a down turning point in our program.

This won't be the first time that the Lobos have started over with new coaches and new players. Hard maybe, impossible never!!!

ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE! ;)

If im not mistakin..Longview didn't make playoffs the last time something like this happened correct?(2000)

Only the strong survives alright...

I sure hope Collins doesn't go crying East bound down I-20, looking for more coaches.

Odds are really against us next year, prove me wrong bos' :thumbsup:

King will reload his staff with Monroe, La coaches. LOL. Good luck to the Bears.

Southlake Carroll has already been picked down to the bone let's start with Lake Travis. The head coach is gone but, I think the rest of the coaching staff is still in tact.

I give King 2 years tops before he is AD anyway. I wonder if Bobby Taylor would be interested in being head coach?

Southlake Carroll has already been picked down to the bone let's start with Lake Travis. The head coach is gone but, I think the rest of the coaching staff is still in tact.

I give King 2 years tops before he is AD anyway. I wonder if Bobby Taylor would be interested in being head coach?

I'd like to see him as a position coach before head coach or coordinator even.....being a great player doesnt always mean you will be a great coach

Lake Travis!!!??? Seriously??? I don't think they want to come to East Texas. I'm going to be a little more realistic and ask for some of the Lufkin Panther staff to help out over here. I was still optimistic until I heard this news. Too many intricate losses on the Football Staff and players from last year to make the type of impact that we want. If, we make the 4th playoff spot we'd be extremely LUCKY for sure!

Lake Travis!!!??? Seriously??? I don't think they want to come to East Texas. I'm going to be a little more realistic and ask for some of the Lufkin Panther staff to help out over here. I was still optimistic until I heard this news. Too many intricate losses on the Football Staff and players from last year to make the type of impact that we want. If, we make the 4th playoff spot we'd be extremely LUCKY for sure!

They might. I thought the former head coach was from East Texas. If not some of those Katy coaches would come if the price is right.

They might. I thought the former head coach was from East Texas. If not some of those Katy coaches would come if the price is right.

Yeah, Chad Morris was originally from Edgewood,Texas. But, he's in Tulsa,Oklahoma now. But, you're right the price HAS to be right. I don't mind coaches from Louisiana but, if I had my preference it would DEFINITELY be from the West Monroe Rebel Staff or River Ridge,Louisiana (John Curtis Patriot Staff) ONLY!