White Oak vs. New Waverly

snuffy

thats alright. Now WO will just beat NW at the way they wanted it with 1 game

I believe if WO was so confident in their ability to win it in one game they wouldn't have wanted a series in the first place. The willingness to play on what looked like way below average field conditions didn't exactly make it look like thats what they wanted either. It should still be a heck of a game though! Winner gets their ticket to Austin!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe if WO was so confident in their ability to win it in one game they wouldn't have wanted a series in the first place. The willingness to play on what looked like way below average field conditions didn't exactly make it look like thats what they wanted either. It should still be a heck of a game though! Winner gets their ticket to Austin!

looked as if they were going to try to neutralize the team speed NW has and Corrigan lacked (last series), by trying to play that game in the slop

Tonight was very amusing. Watching White Oak get their entire uniform on trying to force the start of the games was smart, but the diamond dolls attempting to give the NW coach the line-up was hilarious.

So here's what's probably going through these teams' minds...

White Oak- :crybaby: :censored:

New Waverly- :highfive: :bunny:

GO GET 'EM MATT ROBBS!!

New Waverly in 1. ^^

looked as if they were going to try to neutralize the team speed NW has and Corrigan lacked (last series), by trying to play that game in the slop

Right......like white oak doesn't have speed on the bases.

It would've been the same for both.

WO has 2 more stolen bases on the same amount of attempts..

Two track kids! Difference between being fast in track and being fast in baseball. You have to hit the ball first. But New Waverly can now just hope WO plays bad. Might find out a one game series isn't to bad for white oak either.

Considering the two track kids are batting over 400 that argument Is invalid

Tonight was very amusing. Watching White Oak get their entire uniform on trying to force the start of the games was smart, but the diamond dolls attempting to give the NW coach the line-up was hilarious.

So here's what's probably going through these teams' minds...

White Oak- :crybaby: :censored:

New Waverly- :highfive: :bunny:

GO GET 'EM MATT ROBBS!!

New Waverly in 1. ^^

It's clear NW believed the was no way to beat W.O 2 out of 3! NW is putting a lot of pressure on one boys arm... against the best bats he'll see all year. Looks like the bunny is showin his A... Quite a celebration for nothing they did!

WO has 2 more stolen bases on the same amount of attempts..

And NW is still faster. Stolen bases have many variables like the catchers and aggressiveness of the coach. NW gets up early on the other team and there is no need to keep stealing in run rule situations.

Lots of kids hit above 400 against below avg pitching. How are they hitting against above avg pitching. Or just avg. Harletonharleton was a little above avg. 5 runs scored!!!

Well I think the two tracksters going 7-14 the Harelton series isn't too shabby

It's clear NW believed the was no way to beat W.O 2 out of 3! NW is putting a lot of pressure on one boys arm... against the best bats he'll see all year. Looks like the bunny is showin his A... Quite a celebration for nothing they did!

In my opinion the only time a coach really wants to play one game is when he knows that the other team is just flat out better and hopes that he can get lucky for 7 innings.

In my opinion the only time a coach really wants to play one game is when he knows that the other team is just flat out better and hopes that he can get lucky for 7 innings.

White Oak has always BELIEVE'd that they would win the series in 2 games... which suggests a win in the first one. The WO coach appears to be intelligent and shows his understanding that anything can happen in baseball against a good team, (WO, at least as far as I can see, has never suggested that NW wasn't a good opponent) and knowing his team had the strength to go 3 made the best call.

I guess that's what the NW coach is hoping he has done with a 1 game series. Good luck to both teams... this region should be well represented at state either way.

It's clear your logistics are unclear, and if I'm still being vague, I will spell it out for you in the next sentence. You, along with every other member of the District 18-2A extravaganza, think that the whole world is inferior to W.O., God forbid the 2A Regional Finals. I don't see Roughneck bats much better than last years either and if I recall correctly, they had one hit in last years match-up?

As for "the celebration for nothing"... I had no idea that going 32-4 and giving up only 75 runs in those 36 games was nothing. I assume 338 strikeouts is nothing too? No that's not a typo. That my friend, are logistics worth celebrating... :bunny: