ZERO WEEK!

abe

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winnsboro Red Raiders vs the Grace Community Cougars at Cougar stadium in Tyler. This game could be a toss up. The Winnsboro Red Raiders will be very young this year. They have only 5 lettermen returning. Coach Pinnell will be in for the biggest challenge of his career.

I will be catching the Thursday night opening game of the annual East Texas Football Kickoff Classic at Tyler's Trinity Mother Frances / Rose Stadium between the Atlanta Rabbits and the Gilmer Buckeyes.

The Buckeyes will win....... :thumbsup:

Week 0 Wimberley @ Cuero --- RB for Wimberley has allready commited to Texas A&M for 2012 - Cuero has Trent Jackson Max Prep Sophmore All American . Battle of the Runningbacks :thumbsup:

I will take Trent Jackson. :notworthy:

Longview @ Marshall

Longview will be big time favorites in this game, but with it being the first varsity game ever for a ton of the Lobo starters; it may be one the Mavs can take advantage of for a change. I'm waiting for that one game that Longview will be on the negative side of turnovers in this match-up. Look for a Mav victory if they hang on to the ball and create turnovers on defense or Sp Teams. Thats a BIG IF as we all know though. I have a feeling this years defense will be more up for the challenge than that of the past few years. Also, I find the other zero week matchup of Carthage and Jax to be very interesting. I also like Jax to take this game, but by 10.

The friendly confines of Daingerfield's Tiger Stadium.

Daingerfield vs. Arp.

Two really good teams, good coaches, and good fans.

Definitely the game of the week in 2A.

hows it gonna be game of the week when Daingerfield will win by 50

Sulphur Springs will be hosting Denton Ryan, have no idea what D.Ryan is returning but they are bringing former SS RB Keiston Alexander who had a very good year with Ryan last year. Should be a very tough game and will test the young players that SS has.

We have a lot of skill players, the QB did get a little experience last year and played a complete game against WF Rider, he has been looking pretty good in 7 on 7. The question is about the O-line since we lost 4 three year starters.

I have heard great reports on the defense.

Texas High will play Vidor on Aug. 27th at I think SFA. I know nothing about Vidor, but the Tigers should be improved. The big question for the Tigers is who will be the QB ? Texas High has had Ryan Mallett ( Ark. Razorbacks) and Nat Sorrenson(Okla State Cowboys) at QB for several years, but this year we will have a new face behind center.

I do look for the Tigers to be strong on defense and bring plenty of speed to the game with Vidor. This years Tiger team might be called the Road Warrior Tigers due to the huge amount of travel this team will face. Also, as the Texas High enrollment figures continue to climb upward one starts to wonder if the Tigers days in 4A are numbered ?

Good luck to all the teams in East Texas this year.

Brookhill will venture into the 3A arena wk 0 against Lake Worth at the Brookhill Classic on Aug. 28th. Lake Worth went (9-4) last yr with a (6-0) district record & lost in 2nd rd to Argyle. BH (12-2) lost in state game last yr but returns a team that only had 4 seniors. Don't know what LW has returning but should be an interesting match up with the differences in enrollment sizes LW 700 kids & BH 200 kids. BH will play 3A pittsburg a State semi-finalists two weeks later. BH should know more about where they stack up in east texas after these two games.