ZERO WEEK!

abe

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we ( new diana ) will butt heads with those ore city rebels

just would like to say I met a great group of youth coaches this weekend in springhill from New Diana. What a great group of classy guys.

Good luck

longview returns half its starters and loses 45 seniors every year! so i guess you could say they reload every year. 2 years ago they lost 21 starters from year before and went to state finals. this team this year might be even more talented than last. i would look out for a hungry group of lobos this year. the qb might be best athelete in east texas> ladarrian roberson 6'4' 215 lbs. just sayin.....

Last year they returned several starters and were a better more experienced team than the first season in 4a. Talent will always be in Longview and will win them the majority of their games. This years team will be talented as usual, but will be very inexperienced being the first game of the season. I doubt they will be more talented overall than last years team anyways. At least till the younger guys develop a bit. It will be crucial to find the correct spot of the field to best utilize Petey. If he can get plenty of touches a game then they should be able to light up the scoreboard. I also predict a close, hard fought, physical game. With it coming down to who has the least turnovers.(Marshall has been really generous the last few years; time to return the favor Lobos)

3 yards & a cloud of dust doesn't do much good against the Bucs...accept for Liberty Hill in '07. Gilmer will give up some points while the spread will rack up a bunch...40+ point spread is not uncommon.

Liberty Hill looked more like 8, 12, 25, and 45 yards and a vapor trail in that game than 3 yards and a cloud of dust. It was 2nd and short or 1st and 10 for Liberty Hill most of the game.

Whitehouse plays Corsicana @ Whitehouse. If nobody gets arrested, quits or injured before then, I'll take WH.

Losing coach has to eat one of those cement fruitcakes they make in Cana before leaving the field. That should make it interesting.

Let's get it started right now! Who do you play and where. Who will win and why.

nac will be facing little Cypress Mauriceville on the road. being the homer that i am i believe nac will get the win. LCM finished with a record of 4-6 while nac finished with a record of 3-7. this will be the first meeting between these teams, nac should be excited about the return to the spread offense and 3-4 defense they also have the most talent returning.

West Rusk vs Redwater on Thursday of 0 week at Gilmer.

The score from basketball was lke 83-33 West Rusk won. I really hope the football game isn't a blowout like that.

yes the basketball game was a blowout but starting 2 fresh.1 soph. 1 jr. and 1 sr. that gave up in the second qtr. we want do that on the football field you better have your chin straps tight

A good game will be Fort Worth Nolan Catholic @ Athens in Zero Week. That is the one I am going to and see one of the 4 dominant Division I TAPPS programs in the state. Going to be wild.

Conquering the Masters

If you like sitting on the top row, take you a saw or some heavy clippers to cut down the tree limbs in your way.........lol

If I recall, they trimmed the trees back. I'm guessing the pecans were cutting into concession sales. :whome:

By the way, I absolutely hate everything about Clarksville's schedule this year. Only four home games and the pre-district part of the schedule is a murderer's row, at least historically for Clarksville (HS, @Pewitt, @New Boston :wacko: , @Lone Oak, and Redwater). With all of Clarksville's district opponents being a million miles away, one might have hoped that some of the Tigers' very close neighbors would show up in those first five weeks, but no dice. New Boston represents the only road trip under 50 miles.

yes the basketball game was a blowout but starting 2 fresh.1 soph. 1 jr. and 1 sr. that gave up in the second qtr. we want do that on the football field you better have your chin straps tight

I hope it's a good game like everyone has said it's going to be. Good luck.

I will be catching the Thursday night opening game of the annual East Texas Football Kickoff Classic at Tyler's Trinity Mother Frances / Rose Stadium between the Atlanta Rabbits and the Gilmer Buckeyes.

The Buckeyes will win....... :thumbsup:

:icon_eek: You gotta be kidding me, no disrespect to all involved but really. Gilmers a freaking monster machine how about a one of those big state type match-up's like the big 33 classic espn does from time to time. Poor Wabbits....

We got Quitman at Home @ 7:30 / Panthers are hungry after last years disastrous season. Will win this game.

nac will be facing little Cypress Mauriceville on the road. being the homer that i am i believe nac will get the win. LCM finished with a record of 4-6 while nac finished with a record of 3-7. this will be the first meeting between these teams, nac should be excited about the return to the spread offense and 3-4 defense they also have the most talent returning.

made one error nac will run the 3-3-5 defense.

• 2 weeks later...