NEW School Prayer........Is it even allowed?

blackflag79

I found this on another site and thought it to be thought provoking and TRUE.................unfortunately:

NEW School Prayer

Written by a 15 yr. old School Kid in Ohio

New Pledge of Allegiance

Since

the Pledge of Allegiance & the Lord’s Prayer

are not allowed in Schools anymore

because the word 'God' is mentioned...

Now I sit me down in school

Where praying is against the rule.

For this great nation under God

Finds mention of Him very odd.

If scripture now the class recites,

It violates the Bill of Rights.

And anytime my head I bow

Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,

That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.

The law is specific, the law is precise.

Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall

Might offend someone with no faith at all.

In silence alone we must meditate,

God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,

And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.

They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.

To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,

And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.

It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,

We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong.

We can get our condoms and birth controls,

Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.

But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,

No word of God must reach this crowd.

It's scary here I must confess,

When chaos reigns the school's a mess.

So, Lord, this silent plea I make:

Should I be shot; My soul please take!

Amen

This prayer is so true, is it any wonder why our schools are going downhill along with the rest of this once great country? It's really sad that this has become the NEW reality...... The idiots that are in the minority are loud and can't legally be offended, but they can offend anybody they want with impunity. I find that reprehensible!

This "Prayer" has been around for about 20 years and has been written by students in every part of the US. I guess nobody really knows who penned the poem, but it does bring up some great topics. I've taught teenagers the last 17 years in English and literature, and I'm guessing this was written by an adult or even a group of individuals. Sounds more dramatic coming from a kid though.

This "Prayer" has been around for about 20 years and has been written by students in every part of the US. I guess nobody really knows who penned the poem, but it does bring up some great topics. I've taught teenagers the last 17 years in English and literature, and I'm guessing this was written by an adult or even a group of individuals. Sounds more dramatic coming from a kid though.

:icon_eek: And that was the first time I saw it? Geeeeeshh........it must be a leftist conspiracy to keep it out of the public's eye! It's still the TRUTH!

:icon_eek: And that was the first time I saw it? Geeeeeshh........it must be a leftist conspiracy to keep it out of the public's eye! It's still the TRUTH!

Take a chill pill dude. One of the huge disadvantages of forums is their is no tone of voice. My remark was not a put down toward your post, it was simply a representation of fact regarding the poem. It is a SPAM email that goes around about every other year or so, and when it does, there seems to always be a different aged teenager from a different state that is given credit for writing the poem.

On a side note, we say the Pledge everyday at our schools as well as the Texas Pledge. Students are not required to speak, but they are required to stand. The US and Texas are paying for their education - they will stand during the pledges... period.

Take a chill pill dude. One of the huge disadvantages of forums is their is no tone of voice. My remark was not a put down toward your post, it was simply a representation of fact regarding the poem. It is a SPAM email that goes around about every other year or so, and when it does, there seems to always be a different aged teenager from a different state that is given credit for writing the poem.

On a side note, we say the Pledge everyday at our schools as well as the Texas Pledge. Students are not required to speak, but they are required to stand. The US and Texas are paying for their education - they will stand during the pledges... period.

Take a chill pill? For what? I said what I said in jest........you know......jokingly? Maybe you should take your own advice, take a chill pill, and not misread what other's post. I just said it was the first time I had ever read it. :icon_eek: